Dressing better

I got this jacket and the scarf today from H&M. I've been looking for a pea-coat for a while and I'm very happy with this one.

1eryf6.jpg

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I got this jacket and the scarf today from H&M. I've been looking for a pea-coat for a while and I'm very happy with this one.

1eryf6.jpg
Very nice jacket. How much did that run you?

btw, could someone elaborate on the student discount at J.Crew? Do you just show your student ID at the counter? I've never heard of this for a clothingstore before
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

btw, could someone elaborate on the student discount at J.Crew? Do you just show your student ID at the counter? I've never heard of this for a clothing store before
laugh.gif
Yes. It has to be a university ID though, not high school. It used to be applicable to anything in the store. However that has changed. Thediscount only works on full price and special of the week items. Stuff from the clearance section are excluded.

Originally Posted by wj4

btw, could someone elaborate on the student discount at J.Crew? Do you just show your student ID at the counter? I've never heard of this for a clothing store before
laugh.gif
Yes. It has to be a university ID though, not high school. It used to be applicable to anything in the store. However that has changed. The discount only works on full price and special of the week items. Stuff from the clearance section are excluded.
Thanks for the info bud. Now the hard decision between the toggle hoody or that olive sweater...
laugh.gif

Considering it's almost a certainty that Lebron has to get pants tailor-made, why didn't he get the length right? The entire fit is good, but then youhave a big break at the bottom.
ohwell.gif

i just sniped a pair of handmade brown italian leather wingtips off ebay for $42 shipped! the guy emailed me detailed pics, couple scruff marks at the back ofthe heel but nothing some buffing cant fix. thought it was an amazing deal, he paid $375 for it. pics to come when it arrives.

also picked up a vintage burgundy leather messenger bag at a garage sale 2 streets over for 96cents. its in pretty mint condition for something very very old.ill post pics later in the day. needs some work to get a couple white marks taken off but otherwise a sweet deal.

7efd3e77f5322daff620109206f2bddeda3fdfe6_m.jpg

I like this look, but I typically wear socks to work, and I'm not bold enough to cuff my dress pants, yet.

These are hand-made, assembled upon order, with, what I have read, awesome quality leathers and craftmanship:

Arrow Moccasin Company

The pics on their site are craptastic, so I found a pic of the particular style I want.

img56142181.jpg

Anyone here have any experience with the company, or better yet, where can I find something similar in NYC (with a similar price point). $140 isn't bad atall.

What I hate about ordering from J crew is unless there's like extra percent off sale items. The shipping sends it right back up to the OG price. and if Igo in the store i could get the one that's original price for cheaper using my student discount.
I wonder what the employee discount is like, even though I don't want to work retail, not many men go to the J Crew here, whenever I'm in there itsonly like 2 or 3

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Considering it's almost a certainty that Lebron has to get pants tailor-made, why didn't he get the length right? The entire fit is good, but then you have a big break at the bottom.
ohwell.gif

Its fits fine, you homie to wear the "pants cut off 2 inches above your ankle" look?
laugh.gif

Dude is 6'8 or whatever, he dont want his pants to ride up his calves when he sits down.

Topman Oxford Street's top floor

090917-topman-oxford-street-upper-floor.aspx12052art_img12715.jpg

The new upper floor at Topman's flagship store on London's Oxford Street is taking retailing to the next level. The High Street chain is raising thebar with the new menswear area, open to the public from 17 September, and GQ.COM was given an exclusive tour ahead of the press preview. As well as housingTopman's top-end lines - Topman Design, Smart and LTD - the menswear portfolio has been judiciously expanded to include great British brands such asBaracuta, makers of the definitive Harrington jacket, and Ben Sherman, while forward-looking footwear Kurt Geiger now boasts its own boutique-style concession.Also available is music by Rough Trade, haircuts by Sharps Barbers (your well-groomed correspondent's coiffeurs of choice) and refreshments by EAT, makingthe space not so much a one-stop-shop as a full-on stopover.....

Click the link for the rest of the story. Will probably go and check it at some point this week.

http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/fashion.../090917-topman-oxford-street-upper-floor.aspx

http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/fashion.../090917-topman-oxford-street-upper-floor.aspx

havent been in this thread but im starting to dress better

i just moved to orlando and have no job. But the outlet malls here are on point so i figure why not go and try to get a job at ralph, banana republic, lacosteor calvin klein etc.

hopefully i get one of them and get a nice discount. my wardrobe will b on point

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

These are hand-made, assembled upon order, with, what I have read, awesome quality leathers and craftmanship:

Arrow Moccasin Company

The pics on their site are craptastic
Ive been wanting a pair of their lined lace up boots. ive read that theyre made with very good leather and construction. the prices aren't toobad at all. i just wish they would have better pics, close ups or a pic of the fit etc. they'd get so much more business

^^ I agree and thanks Super Producer J for the pics cause I need a pair of those and don't know when I would have stumbled on them otherwise.

^^15%
lol i hope none of yall would wear this
mens gladiator sandals
manliators.jpg

my sister has a pair just like this, smh

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Considering it's almost a certainty that Lebron has to get pants tailor-made, why didn't he get the length right? The entire fit is good, but then you have a big break at the bottom.
ohwell.gif

Its fits fine, you homie to wear the "pants cut off 2 inches above your ankle" look?
laugh.gif

Dude is 6'8 or whatever, he dont want his pants to ride up his calves when he sits down.

It's all relative though...whether 6'8 or 5'8, your socks should show a little when you sit. A good tailor can make that happen for all sizes. Agood fit is a good fit, regardless of size.

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

1eryf6.jpg
Very nice jacket. How much did that run you?

It was $129 at H&M. I used the buy one get one 50% off coupon and picked up a navy blue bomber that I plan on pairing up with some brown Clarks DBs.

Back
Top Bottom