Dressing better

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Can somebody post some pics of outfits with Wallabe's, im thinking of copping but i need to see how to rock them first
Via Google.
phillipLimMenSpring07.jpg

Jkiss's blog came up as a result too...
jkissiwholefit.png

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by RFX45

A simple white shirt should work and a navy tie.
I do not like the black cardigan, I'd go with a dark grey or navy but not black.
That's just me though.
Did you manage to try on the 511 khakis as well?
I was on a budget so the only color they had at target was black & Khaki. Their cardigans are $20 by Merona and seemed like ok quality. Everywhere I look cardigans are about $40 or more. But I agree with you with the no on the black cardigan, I for one did not like it with the outfit but just grabbed it since I will not be able to find a different shade of grey or a navy one. And yeah I did try on the 511's, they were hella tight on me lol. I'm not a slim guy so that could've been the reason. Anyway I could make the black cardigan work with the outfit?
Anyone can help me out with this

For good quality, VERY moderately priced slim fit dress shirts check out www.tmlewin.co.uk. I stumbled upon the store when I was in London and been ordering atleast 3-4 times every season. There's always a coupon code, and shipping is real quick and reasonable. Go for the Windsor Slim Fit to show off your bestknots/ties. The shirt really makes any outfit look cleaner because of the cut of the body and collar.

Originally Posted by airmaxes

For good quality, VERY moderately priced slim fit dress shirts check out www.tmlewin.co.uk. I stumbled upon the store when I was in London and been ordering at least 3-4 times every season. There's always a coupon code, and shipping is real quick and reasonable. Go for the Windsor Slim Fit to show off your best knots/ties. The shirt really makes any outfit look cleaner because of the cut of the body and collar.

Love the styles. Price is nice/decent. Only thing wrong is that I can't try it on. Sucks.
ohwell.gif

Also keep in mind, right now there isn't much of a selection since they're closing out for this season. Sign up for their mailing list you'll getnotified when they put new stuff up. I'd just get 1 to try it out. They're pretty much true to size though.

Originally Posted by airboy23

RFX - are those Paul Smiths with a Goodyear welt? I just got a pair of boots that are the same soles - specifically the Peal & Co. for Brooks Brothers. Also, what type of shoe trees do you use for your shoes? the split toe (combination) or the regular? I can't seem to find out which is more effective.
It's blake rapid construction. The Peal & Co. by BB are made by Grenson I believe and the rubber soles are most likely dainite, verydurable rubber. The PS boot probably has dainite soles as well, at it looks like it does.
As for the shoe trees, I just get the cheap one from Nordstrom Rack. It goes on almost all or any of my shoes that needs shoe trees, including boots.
They are usually on sale at Nordstrom Rack for around $10-$12.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2934692...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6023941&P=1

For good quality, VERY moderately priced slim fit dress shirts check out www.tmlewin.co.uk. I stumbled upon the store when I was in London and been ordering at least 3-4 times every season. There's always a coupon code, and shipping is real quick and reasonable. Go for the Windsor Slim Fit to show off your best knots/ties. The shirt really makes any outfit look cleaner because of the cut of the body and collar.
The style looks good but I am not sure about quality. If we are recommending UK websites though, I would put http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/ on the list. Average is usually $75 a shirt shipped from UK but quality is supposed to be reallgood and it fits real slim. Their chinos/pants are supposed to be real slim as well. Well worth the look as well. Good thread about it at SF: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=91506&highlight=jumpthegun

Originally Posted by RFX45

A simple white shirt should work and a navy tie.
I do not like the black cardigan, I'd go with a dark grey or navy but not black.
That's just me though.
Did you manage to try on the 511 khakis as well?
I was on a budget so the only color they had at target was black & Khaki. Their cardigans are $20 by Merona and seemed like ok quality. Everywhere I look cardigans are about $40 or more. But I agree with you with the no on the black cardigan, I for one did not like it with the outfit but just grabbed it since I will not be able to find a different shade of grey or a navy one. And yeah I did try on the 511's, they were hella tight on me lol. I'm not a slim guy so that could've been the reason. Anyway I could make the black cardigan work with the outfit?
Anyone can help me out with this

Get the khaki colored cardigan and if you haven't gotten a khaki yet, look for a navy colored chino instead to offset the light color cardigan.
It could still work with a white shirt and navy tie.

The shirts are pretty nice, i got a couple as this shop is local for me. I 'm not sure about them being slim fitting though. Mine have got alot of extra width compared to dress shirts i'd get from h&m for example.

jkissifit.png

some pics from site, some more even BoO collection

coll2.png

lol @ mr.echo

Went to Band of Outsiders show , founder met Scott Sternberg himself said he liked the site a lot lol , gassed . Got pics and all check it out

http://www.StreetEtiquette.com

RFX - Got your PM def will respond back in fact we need to exchange emails that would be better, got some things that could def help out in thatdepartment

niidawg - ayy charleyyy

Cliff notes: It's not a very slim fitting, but getting a smaller size helped.

Quick fit pic of that BB cardigan before class (pardon the macbook cam and poor lighting):

The shirt under is a size 4 Lacoste, if that helps as a scale to measure it. The sleeve length is decent, the overall width is decent, but the arms aren'tas slim as cardigan from other brands--even Blue Label RL. If I quit being lazy and started working out again, it probably wouldn't be an issue, though.

To my Canucks.... time to beast.
br_secret_en_05.jpg

br_secret_en_08.gif

br_secret_en_11.gif

br_secret_en_14.gif

br_secret_en_17.gif

br_secret_en_20.gif

*Offer valid September 16 - 17, 2009 at Banana Republic Stores in Canada only. Not valid online or at Banana Republic Factory Stores. Qualifying amount appliesto merchandise only, not value of Giftcards purchased, alterations, applicable taxes, or shipping and handling charges. Offer is good for one-time use only andmust be surrendered at time of in-store purchase. No adjustments on previous purchases. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Cannot be combined with otheroffers or discounts including Gap Inc. employee discount. Reproductions or photocopies will not be accepted. Gap Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolenoffer. Cashiers please enter item-level discount: 331.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Can somebody post some pics of outfits with Wallabe's, im thinking of copping but i need to see how to rock them first
If you need to know how to wear something...don't even bother, it ain't for you.

Originally Posted by 5tan

To my Canucks.... time to beast.
br_secret_en_05.jpg

br_secret_en_08.gif

br_secret_en_11.gif

br_secret_en_14.gif

br_secret_en_17.gif

br_secret_en_20.gif

*Offer valid September 16 - 17, 2009 at Banana Republic Stores in Canada only. Not valid online or at Banana Republic Factory Stores. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of Giftcards purchased, alterations, applicable taxes, or shipping and handling charges. Offer is good for one-time use only and must be surrendered at time of in-store purchase. No adjustments on previous purchases. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts including Gap Inc. employee discount. Reproductions or photocopies will not be accepted. Gap Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolen offer. Cashiers please enter item-level discount: 331.
laugh.gif
BR has a similar sale going on today and tomorrow in the states, but it's only for folks who have BR card. I'm going to use it toget a white dress shirt later today.

Jkissi-digging the first pic, man. I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm cuffing pants to high water them until the summer of 2010.

thanks wj4 , it's the way to go it looks very good imo , people were giving the MJ jokes or whatever the case is but I feel like it just looks real good.

for those with questions about color coordination, this is your coordination bible:

Some Guiding Principles to Harmonizing Colors:

Core Color is the dominant color in a color scheme. It's the color of the principal item in your ensemble like your suit or a sweater.

Accent colors are the second and sometimes third colors used in a color scheme. The accent colors may be complementary, triad, analogous or neutral.

Triad. The first or primary triad colors in the color wheel (or spectrum) are red, blue and yellow. (Navy suit, pale yellow shirt, burgundy tie) These arecalled pure colors because mixing them with each other and/or with white or black can make all other colors.

The second (or secondary) triad colors in the color wheel are orange, green and purple. Made by mixing two primary colors together. Mixing red and yellow makeorange, yellow and blue make green, and combining red and blue produce purple.

Complementary colors:

are those directly opposite one other in the color spectrum or wheel. That's why hunter green pants look great with a burgundy sweater. Blue is opposite oforange so gold, rust, and brown compliment shades of blue.

Analogous colors:

Colors, which are next to each other on the color wheel, go well together, such as blue pants, a blue-green shirt and a green jacket.

Warm and Cool:

Families of analogous colors include warm colors (red, orange, yellow) and cool colors (green, blue, violet). Designers often build color schemes around two orthree related colors.

Select two warm colors with one cool or two cool with one warm to create dynamic harmony. Examples: navy suit, light blue shirt and red tie, or a yellow shirt,rust jacket and blue jeans.

Monochromatic: all one color, but different shades, tones or tints.

Neutral: dress in shades of white, black, gray or beige. Khaki pants, white shirt and a gray sweater are all neutrals. It may not be a dynamic look, but it issophisticated.

Seasonal Colors: Some colors are more appropriate at certain times of year than others. Pastels are usually associated with spring/summer, while autumn colorsare rust, brown, green, and burgundy. Wearing rust in the summer, or light yellow in the fall looks out of place.

Think contrast. Try one light element with two dark, or one dark with two lights, such as a charcoal suit, white shirt and red tie, or tan suit with yellowshirt and green tie. Or Khaki pants and a dark blue shirt.

Color Value: Dark colors recede thus making you look thinner, and light colors project, which tends to bulk you up. Dark colors are more formal than light.

Dang, Nii came through with the essay.
laugh.gif
Honestly though, I personally don't follow much of the rules. There's times in the dead winter whereI'll wear a light yellow sweater because I feel like it, to brighten up a day in a gloomy weather.

If I like how an outfit looks in the mirror, I'll go ahead and wear it.

Originally Posted by wj4

Dang, Nii came through with the essay.
laugh.gif
Honestly though, I personally don't follow much of the rules. There's times in the dead winter where I'll wear a light yellow sweater because I feel like it, to brighten up a day in a gloomy weather.

If I like how an outfit looks in the mirror, I'll go ahead and wear it.
laugh.gif
basically - if you really gotta read rules and all thatbefore you get dressed or wear an outfit your trying too hard-

^ Exactly. I think that's the line between looking like a well-dressed man and a person who could be casted on %*$@% Eye. A well-dressed man just looksgood in a "by chance" sort of way. The potential QE cast looks overdone and tries really hard. When teetering on the bend of metrosexuality, I thinkmore men should take heed to it--that, and some people just look like they don't know what they're doing and just look really uncomfortable.

i dont get GILT..

i log on at 12:03 and by the time i want to add things to cart..it already says its in MEMBERS CART. Are people just adding things real fast? Or do I need tobecome a member? I already got invited by a NTer.

Back
Top Bottom