Dressing better

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

i dont get GILT..

i log on at 12:03 and by the time i want to add things to cart..it already says its in MEMBERS CART. Are people just adding things real fast? Or do I need to become a member? I already got invited by a NTer.
laugh.gif
thats GILT for you-

the quantities are usually so limited that a couple people add to carts and the item is gone - the worst is the 12:00 rush when the page wont even load -i'm mad i wasted time browsing thru the jacob selection with zero intention on buying, meanwhile i missed the cole haan boatshoes that i woulda paid fullprice for
smh.gif

Most people just adds stuff to their cart for the hell of it or to think it over, chances are, within the next 10-20 minutes, the items will be available againso if you really want the item, I'd keep checking for 30 minutes and keep trying to add until the item actually says "sold out."

JKissi, I saw you post at SF, great clothes and fit is impeccable as usual.
Saw the pieces from the BoO show, I wish I could have gone, you are one lucky man.
Other than Uniqlo, that is one advantage NYers have, the damn fashion district is in there as well, leaving as West Coasters longing.
Between you and thinkinFRESH, Uniqlo is looking real great, I just wished I didn't miss out on those grey suits by Jil Sander.
Did you get a chance to check out that collection?

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

BoO Spring/Summer 2010
I like these looks in particular.
Was never fond of white shorts, but I think I may have to copp a pair.

One question. I'm looking for a nice trendy bag for school...
however one that's backpack not the over-the-shoulder types.
Any suggestions?

I like Browns mainline backpack, might not be as trendy as you are hoping for.
021Q35430004_1.jpg
021Q35430004_2.jpg
pimp.gif

fresh. thanks for coming through RFX.
any more suggestions so I can weigh my options out?
I hit like 2 malls already and still have a tough time finding these sort of bags.

where can i get this
pimp.gif
any other nice ones smaller perhaps?

Aight ya'll i need a bit of help.

Need a good messenger bag but nothing too expensive being that i will barely be using it except with a few outfits here and there.

Need something to match along the lines of this color or something that would match with this color...

Cant find nothing for the life of me.

Appreciate it.

sm.jpg

If anyone has a GILT invite I'd appreciate it...going to check out some stuff on there for the job I don't have yet...thanks in advance everyone

Originally Posted by JDB1523

If anyone has a GILT invite I'd appreciate it...going to check out some stuff on there for the job I don't have yet...thanks in advance everyone
Look at the top of the page...

The dude who posted the Cole Haan pix also posted up the invite to his Gilt account.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Need a good messenger bag but nothing too expensive being that i will barely be using it except with a few outfits here and there.

Need something to match along the lines of this color or something that would match with this color...

Appreciate it.

sm.jpg

+1 on RFX's tip. I would recommend the Ben Sherman messenger bag. Would go pretty well with those ... umm boat shoes?

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by wj4

Dang, Nii came through with the essay.
laugh.gif
Honestly though, I personally don't follow much of the rules. There's times in the dead winter where I'll wear a light yellow sweater because I feel like it, to brighten up a day in a gloomy weather.

If I like how an outfit looks in the mirror, I'll go ahead and wear it.
laugh.gif
basically - if you really gotta read rules and all that before you get dressed or wear an outfit your trying too hard-
rules are for those who want to play it safe and don't innately know how to dress/combine. trust me, there are grown men, who cannot put asimple outfit together in terms of fit, color and coordination. look no further than peopleofwalmart.com ...lol.

Dressing is like dancing, some just have it, some dont ... and if you dont have it, you have to study it to become a better dresser. Heck - even if you haveit, you would always be learning. I thought i was very well dressed till i joined SF. Even though i havent changed my tastes, i am paying more attention todetails, texture, colors etc. it just wont happen, you have to apply yourself to it. The saddest thing now is people who think they are really dressing, wholook totally horrible - a lack of self awareness.

Jimmy Choo for H&M, liking the jacket so far, especially if it sells for less than $400.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Appreciate it.

sm.jpg

+1 on RFX's tip. I would recommend the Ben Sherman messenger bag. Would go pretty well with those ... umm boat shoes?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Appreciate it guys. Sorry for the small pic i just copped those boat shoes from Gilt last week
laugh.gif

Sooo.....Just a heads up check your local Nordstrom Racks because i seen an assortment of Clarks Desert Boots for $69.99. I have seen dark mocha, sand, andanother brown colorway. Didn't cop yet because I need to see how these looks with jeans on but ust a heads up...

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by eeibaby

A simple white shirt should work and a navy tie.
I do not like the black cardigan, I'd go with a dark grey or navy but not black.
That's just me though.
Did you manage to try on the 511 khakis as well?
I was on a budget so the only color they had at target was black & Khaki. Their cardigans are $20 by Merona and seemed like ok quality. Everywhere I look cardigans are about $40 or more. But I agree with you with the no on the black cardigan, I for one did not like it with the outfit but just grabbed it since I will not be able to find a different shade of grey or a navy one. And yeah I did try on the 511's, they were hella tight on me lol. I'm not a slim guy so that could've been the reason. Anyway I could make the black cardigan work with the outfit?
Anyone can help me out with this

Get the khaki colored cardigan and if you haven't gotten a khaki yet, look for a navy colored chino instead to offset the light color cardigan.
It could still work with a white shirt and navy tie.
Thanks and I actually got the khaki's already but they were cheap. Oh yeah Target has these grey cardigans, Merona Gray Sweater
only thing is that they aren't solid & has a bit of black, I was wondering could this one work?

Who has the best slim fit chinos?
I bought 4 pair from BR, RL, and J. Crew this weekend, but none fit as well as I thought they would.
Actually the J. Crew and RL fit pretty well but I'd prefer each pair to be slimmer.

Back
Top Bottom