Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What’s up everyone.

Struggling hard to find a pair of jeans to go with my Chelsea boots. I want something tapered to fall cleanly over my boot but at the same time I don’t want to wear skinny jeans. Any help is much appreciated. These are the boots btw.

756EC079-3DCF-4A57-8078-CD7E28D61E93.jpeg

What boots are these?

what measurements do you guys usually use when tapering jeans? looking to clean them up from the knee down. they're levi 511s, but theyre still kinda big at the bottom. just wanna have them a bit more slim at that part. never had jeans altered before haha. thanks for the noob help. headed to downtown LA to get them altered later today

I've only gotten dress pants altered but the only measurement I tell them is the leg opening (6.5). The rest they figure out when I put it on.

If you've got a pair of jeans you like, try checking the measurements on those.

Looking at some leather jackets, but was wondering if lambskin is a good choice. I hear it's delicate....are they worth it.

https://lac.la

Thanks in advance for any opinions

Lamb is fine. I have had one that I've been rocking for 3-4 years with no issues.

Can't comment on lac's quality though. With leathers, its not just the hide but stitching construction that you should be concerned with.

Lamb is fine. I have had one that I've been rocking for 3-4 years with no issues.

Can't comment on lac's quality though. With leathers, its not just the hide but stitching construction that you should be concerned with.

Solid advice pinoy732 pinoy732 . Leather jackets are also probably my favorite clothing piece and I have about 8-10 high end ones from brands like Belstaff, Rag&Bone and Sandro. It's so true that the particular hide is important but doesn't even fully determine the quality entirely. The stitching is really important as the jacket definitely won't hold up and age as well or as long if the stitching is done poorly. Even aspects such as what the jacket is lined with is important. I've made sure all my leather jackets have had a well made lining which is satin or cupro or some kind of lustrous fiber and you'll see a lot of the high end leather jackets will have that kind of lining. The main thing to realize is that leather jackets are one of the things that quality is also associated with the price. You often are paying investment kind of prices for the jackets but true quality leather jackets could last a lifetime if cared for properly.

I have two lambskin jackets and I don't baby them by any standard. I wear them the exact same way I'd wear a more robust and thick/rough leather. I was a bit finicky at one point because I got some Belstaff jackets on a deep discount that had some marking and discoloration on the leather but some friends and even the NT community correctly convinced me that leather jackets are meant to age and meant to develop patina and marks. No leather jacket is meant to look like you bought it yesterday when it's far into the life's garment. I still care for my jackets but I'm now trying to be less concerned on if the jacket develops a rub or a mark somewhere or if the color starts to fade. It's almost like a pair of raw denim where I'm looking at the aging as a personalization. A lot of leather jackets were meant for motorcycle riding as well so the distressed and patina that they have all add to the cool factor of the jacket.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the new SuitSupply Instagram story or their new ad campaign as a whole... Just show me the threads

This sums up the SS move:

I love this. They received so much backlash over their campaigns featuring men in suits with naked women in suggestive poses. They were broadly accused of being a sexist brand. Then they launched the women’s label Suistudio with an ad campaign featuring women in suits and naked men. That was not accepted either, now they were accused of going too far since sexism goes both ways and men and women should be seen as equal. So their response is to feature only men, which can’t be called sexist but will probably be seen as even more controversial.

Looking for dress pants that dont break the bank, decent quality with a tapered pant. Maybe its the wrong style but these uniqlos are meh, looking into everlane.....willing to spend 40-80 per pant.

What kind of shoes are yall wearing out for spring? I want to buy some taft boots but not sure I want to invest that money in boots for the spring time

Looking for dress pants that dont break the bank, decent quality with a tapered pant. Maybe its the wrong style but these uniqlos are meh, looking into everlane.....willing to spend 40-80 per pant.
Jomers if you can catch a restock is great quality at $65-70 per pair. However, you will need to get them hemmed and likely tapered as you may want them slimmer.

Anyone recommend a skinny/tapered pair of pants like a dressy chino? I always wear black jeans that have the same look, but sometimes I want to change it up to a nice pair of pants with boots.

Anyone recommend a skinny/tapered pair of pants like a dressy chino? I always wear black jeans that have the same look, but sometimes I want to change it up to a nice pair of pants with boots.

I’m a big fan of the levi’s 512. Bought 3 more pairs. The twill pairs look like chinos but with standard pockets instead of the slanted pockets I hate. The taper is pretty aggressive on them.

I’m a big fan of the levi’s 512. Bought 3 more pairs. The twill pairs look like chinos but with standard pockets instead of the slanted pockets I hate. The taper is pretty aggressive on them.

Co-sign this. Bought them for work and I was surprised with the fit. Comfortable and a nice taper. Expensive for Levi’s though

Co-sign this. Bought them for work and I was surprised with the fit. Comfortable and a nice taper. Expensive for Levi’s though

I was lucky and saw the twill pairs (black, khaki, light khaki, pomegranate colors) were on sale at macys for presidents day. They were $30-40.

What’s up y’all. Started a part time gig as a vehicle exchange advisor at a dealership. At minimum button up and dress pants for work. Still trying to figure out what exactly I can and can’t wear to be business casual without being dressed down. I’m
usually just doing a suit and tie.

Also I bought some dress pants from express while they had a sale. Extra slim pants fit tapered for anyone looking. I don’t skip leg day either so I was surprised by the fit.

If anyone has any clothing suggestions for me, let me know fams

Back
Top Bottom