Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If Aldens are really being sold for $250, then you can easily make profit off that.

When I sold my pairs on eBay, I was getting 20+ watchers per item. Even a regular non shell worn pair was getting $300+

Just throwing this out in case anyone wants to get their hustle on.
Imma be in there like swimwear

Imma be in there like swimwear

Profit, my man. Profit.

*Plays the fake Future Panda song for you*

Just make sure you get good sizes and no weird EE ones. Anything from 8-11 should be cool. If there are shell cordovans, jump on them ASAP.

Last edited:
false
If anyone still menswear,

Epaulet is closing one of their stores in NY because they're moving to LA to open an office.

........................................................................................................

Brooklyn Store Closing

This weekend (4/16 & 4/17) will be the last two days of Epaulet Brooklyn. We’ll hold a clearance sale from 11AM to 7PM on both days and all merchandise will be price $10 to $250. They’ll be plenty of high end things like leather jackets and shoes that start with “A.” - not to mention wacko samples, overcast, and old stuff. It’s definitely worth the trip from out of town. Please note that the sale is cash only and everything is final sale with NO exceptions.

On Sunday, our good friend Jacob from American Trench will join us with a ton of socks and outerwear - all at clearance cash-only prices as well!

The closing is somewhat bittersweet as this is where we got our start. We opened nearly eight years ago with a somewhat questionable selection of Modern Amusement & Rogue’s Gallery merchandise, but that store blossomed into the brand that you guys know today. But with just one year left on our lease, we decided to pass the torch to a friend who’s eager to get a foothold in brick and mortar. As it’s easier to manage the business remotely when you’ve got only one location in New York and a new location in…

Thanks for this info!

I think i've posted before but I never got a chance to follow up. I'm looking to buy suits for everyday use for work. i guess looking to pay under 300? what/where should i be looking at?

I think i've posted before but I never got a chance to follow up. I'm looking to buy suits for everyday use for work. i guess looking to pay under 300? what/where should i be looking at?
For that price you might as well find a brand/cut that fits you and head to eBay and check measurements to make sure they are consistent with what fits you

For that price you might as well find a brand/cut that fits you and head to eBay and check measurements to make sure they are consistent with what fits you

Is that too cheap? I saw men's warehouse running a $200 sale on Joseph abboud suits. Are they any good?

You may be better off with raising your budget a couple hundred and check out SuitSupply or even Indochino. Men's Warehouse isn't exactly known for good suits.

The eBay suggestion is a good one, just research through here or the Classic Menswear section on StyleForum for reputable suit makers. Personally I'll suggest Polo by Ralph Lauren. Be sure the tag actually says Polo and not Lauren by Ralph Lauren. First real suit I bought myself was around your budget and it was a used Polo suit. Excellent fit and quality after alternations it was under 300. Just be sure to know your measurements, especially shoulders since tailors typically can't do anything to change that.

Also some department stores carry decent brands if you just have to have one that's new. Where I live I don't have many choices in terms of stores but we do have a Belk and they have sales pretty often. Bought an Austin Reed sportcoat for 75 bucks after like three additional discounts on top of the sale price. It's nothing too remarkable but miles ahead of stores like MW and Jos a Bank

Is that too cheap? I saw men's warehouse running a $200 sale on Joseph abboud suits. Are they any good?

Or go to Marshalls.

What do you mean when you say good? They will last a lifetime with proper care. They may not use the best materials. Fit depends on you. In any suit i say make sure it fits in the shoulders because they are hardest to alter and everything else is pretty routine.

^Good looks. Picked up the Loden green floral printed schappe for $64 shipped :nthat:

Last edited:
Some people will come in and say some expensive sock brands, but I would agree with Uniqlo. Solid colors and good quality. Price is like 3 for $12 or something along those lines. Can't go wrong imo.

And whatever you do, please please please don't buy Ralph Lauren socks from Marshalls just cuz they have the little pony (which won't even be visible!!)!
Facts! 
laugh.gif

Uniqlo

I have 2 pairs of almost every color.
laugh.gif
Same here, just wish they produced favorites year after year. Some of my favorites have holes in them and they don't make them anymore.
Uniqlo has over the calf ones? They look like mid calf socks.
Can't say that I have.

Loden is a personal favorite of mine. But I've been going ham on wardrobe revamp and copping some new furniture for my pad in Philly so I'll stay quiet.

Adrian, be careful with that gorgeous rug. Yamb juices from smashing shorties on the couch will ruin it.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Yeah as much as I like that rug it would be destroyed within a week. Burns, ash, food, dirt everywhere. I need a cheap, somewhat durable, black rug :lol: That is a very classy look though congrats on your new spot.

Back in college I was smoking hookah on my desk, I dropped the really hot coal on the carpet and it left a big hole in it.

Back
Top Bottom