Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Why doesnt nudie jeans leg opening like cuff around the ankle.. I have the tight long john but it goes over my kicks which is what im so ehh about/:
Go to a tailor and tell them you want to taper your jeans from the knee down to #" (probably 7-7.5").

you can either have a tailor taper them to a smaller hem width or go with a different cut of jeans. Look for something sub 7" width if you are around a 30-32" waist

Go to a tailor and tell them you want to taper your jeans from the knee down to #" (probably 7-7.5").

I tried to.. They said its already slim.. It is slim already as is.. But just the bottom of the jeans isnt as tight ... And also nudie uses a special colored thread right??
So if i bring it to a tailor what do i ask? I dont want it any skinnier on the calves area.. I just want it a little tapered in the ankle area

Im also a 32 in width too

Last edited:

you can either have a tailor taper them to a smaller hem width or go with a different cut of jeans. Look for something sub 7" width if you are around a 30-32" waist

I tried to.. They said its already slim.. It is slim already as is.. But just the bottom of the jeans isnt as tight ... And also nudie uses a special colored thread right??
So if i bring it to a tailor what do i ask? I dont want it any skinnier on the calves area.. I just want it a little tapered in the ankle area

Im also a 32 in width too
What's the knee and leg opening measurement of your jeans?

Slim is subjective; if it's swallowing your shoe, you clearly want it tapered. Your tailor sounds incompetent; find another.

Lol 7" for a 30" waist is baggy daddy territory. But then again, all subjective.

Lol 7" for a 30" waist is baggy daddy territory. But then again, all subjective.

this. i wear a 32" waist and most my jeans are tapered to 6.25-6.5" hem, but some may think that is too skinny or would tell me to lift more or whatever.

have your tailor measure/taper your pants when you are wearing them. 

put them on and they can put pins in them so you know how they will fit and exactly where you want the taper to start

I do, because they are. 511's used to be called skinny by Levis but now they're "slim" or something,
laugh.gif
As is the 513, which is not as slim as 511s. I think it was more for marketing purposes than anything.

Last edited:

Bruh it legit looks like I have Hams on my calfs. And I don't eem do calf raises b
its in our blood apparently.

i never knew filipinos were "known" for that until a trainer at the gym told me.

i was like with lol

Yeah, they were labeled skinny and I remember a lot of people saying to size up on them. I tried on a pair of the commuter 511s in my regular size and couldn't pull them up to my waist.

Yeah, they were labeled skinny and I remember a lot of people saying to size up on them. I tried on a pair of the commuter 511s in my regular size and couldn't pull them up to my waist.

Levis sizing has always been all over the place. It's like no two pairs in the same style fit the same.

It's dat bad quality control. I always inspect all the stitching and pockets if i'm buying a pair of levi's from a store. Their tapered styles are appreciated though.

I got like 20 pairs of 511s and they all fit different lol.

But theyre like my favorite clothing item

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom