Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol: you guys are gonna scare people into not wanting to go to Europe. I've lived in London, Madrid, Brussels, Paris and Berlin (briefly) and yeah it happens, but it's not like you have to tuck your wallet under your sack or anything OD... Just be aware of your surroundings the same you would on a packed subway car in NYC.

major difference in my eyes is that many if not most of these pickpockets in europe and the middle east are little girls and old ladies

I kept everything in inside pockets. I even elbowed one of those little gypsy girls for getting too close to me and my gf and didn't think twice about it. Read some travel guides and review sites to get to know what some of the common scams are.

Man, if some gypsy girl came up to me, id start cursing and screaming some random stuff like I was crazy. Would throw them off [emoji]128514[/emoji]

:lol: you guys are gonna scare people into not wanting to go to Europe. I've lived in London, Madrid, Brussels, Paris and Berlin (briefly) and yeah it happens, but it's not like you have to tuck your wallet under your sack or anything OD... Just be aware of your surroundings the same you would on a packed subway car in NYC.
It happens throughout the world especially where tourism is high. I wouldn't be caught in some parts in the homeland at night alone without pieces and the country's hugely dependent on tourism.

Would you guys consider a mid-navy with brown windowpane over check to be a summer SC? 
What's the fabric? Should be cotton or linen or blends for summer sc.

i hear paris has a **** ton of pick pockets.. ima bring back the fanny pack when i go
Common in a good number of places in Europe. Unfortunately my wife was pickpocket when we were in the metro in Barcelona.
 Tons. Mostly little gypsy girls and women who approach you with a clipboard and other various paraphernalia. There's lots of scammers and con artists around the tourist spots especially sacre coure.
I'm tempted to say it's not that serious but it really is, if you're a typical dumb American tourist drunk after having a few too many. 

Currently living in Barcelona in "El Raval" where there's probably more pick pockets per square meter than anywhere else in Europe. 

A woman with a purse is 10x more likely to get pickpocketed. As a man, right off the bat you're chances are better because it's a higher risk and men tend to cary less valuables. They are good though, if they get you you likely wont know. 

I've never had a problem but I kind of have a don't **** with me vibe. I do often walk with my hands in both pockets depending on where I'm at and who's around. 

Just be aware of anybody who's shady and anyone who makes verbal contact with you and then gets unnecessarily close. Certainly don't let anyone on the street randomly touch you. They'll distract with some ******** and be in and out your pockets.

Certainly be weary of the hookers in groups for sure. 

Fanny pack is a no go. No need for secret compartments or storages just be smart. 

Last edited:

i hear paris has a **** ton of pick pockets.. ima bring back the fanny pack when i go

Common in a good number of places in Europe. Unfortunately my wife was pickpocket when we were in the metro in Barcelona.

Tons. Mostly little gypsy girls and women who approach you with a clipboard and other various paraphernalia. There's lots of scammers and con artists around the tourist spots especially sacre coure.

I'm tempted to say it's not that serious but it really is, if you're a typical dumb American tourist drunk after having a few too many. 

Currently living in Barcelona in "El Raval" where there's probably more pick pockets per square meter than anywhere else in Europe. 

A woman who's alone who carries her belongings in a bag is 10x more likely to get pickpocketed. As a man, right off the bat you're chances are better because it's a higher risk and men tend to cary less valuables. They are good though, if they get you you likely wont know. 

I've never had a problem but I kind of have a don't **** with me vibe. I do often walk with my hands in both pockets depending on where I'm at and who's around. 

Just be aware of anybody who's shady and anyone who makes verbal contact with you and then gets unnecessarily close. Certainly don't let anyone on the street randomly touch you. They'll distract with some ******** and be in and out your pockets.

Fanny pack is a no go. No need for secret compartments or storages just be smart. 

I was being facetious about the fanny pack

i read this earlier though :lol:

http://thesavvybackpacker.com/pickpockets-europe/

i watched a lot of videos about travelling recently and my boss just went to europe too and said at every stop you hear a message or sign about pickpockets

Last edited:

A woman with a purse is 10x more likely to get pickpocketed. As a man, right off the bat you're chances are better because it's a higher risk and men tend to cary less valuables. They are good though, if they get you you likely wont know. 

It's funny that I stayed in El Raval when i was there last October. I was there during the weekend and I didn't notice anything crazy during my brief stay. So, I was surprised to read some of the things written about that neighborhood when I got back to the states. I stayed at Hotel Curious which was good for the price.

^
Damn. They got groups of hookers who will jack you (in a bad way)? I've heard about all the pickpockets but not about young and old gypsies doing it.

i read this earlier though 
laugh.gif

http://thesavvybackpacker.com/pickpockets-europe/

i watched a lot of videos about travelling recently and my boss just went to europe too and said at every stop you hear a message or sign about pickpockets
Haha oh ok but yea man your boss is right. On the Metro here it's the Brittish lady and I hear her ish every day, "Please look after you belongings, pickpockets are always on the lookout for distractions" 
roll.gif

It's definitely real though. Again I have no problem chilling with my hands in both pockets. Just be smart always, pay attention to peoples proximity to you. 

Also watch out if in the clubs. BF/GF will work in tandem. She's dancing on you and while you're busying thinking she's a layup, she's snatched your iphone 6 and slid it to her man.

@shogun  The hookers out here are cold man. If you start **** with them they will jump you in a group and disperse before you can do anything and then you're left with their Romanian pimp who's magically appeared out the cut. 
laugh.gif

Yeah man it's funny I've really never felt like I had to worry but I've been rolling with a couple of british guys and one of them has been robbed something like 10 times in 3 years. He gets wasted though and just ins't that bright to begin with. 

Last edited:
Heading to Chicago and Cleveland next week. Any spots I should check out??

Presuming we're just talking menswear...

Chicago, I'd say check out Indepence on oak. They sale Oak St. boots there and other niche mens' clothing/accessories. Also, Haberdash. You can check their site to get a feel for what they offer. There is typically a little more in store. There are technically three stores. The newest one is on Roosevelt in a condo complex, nice spot. Then there are two almost right next to each other on State street off of Ohio. One is formal, with suits and such and the other is casual, footwear, accessories etc. There is also a downstairs in that location and a classic barbershop. There is a classic barbershop in the Roosevelt one as well, that store is much larger than the others. If you stop in for a clean shave or buy from the 'apothecary', ask for Jeron. Good guy!

Umm, Suit Supply Chicago is nice. That's not specific to Chicago, of course though. The space is very nice! Huge outdoor space/deck to chill on with a beer while being fitted.

Notre Shop in Andersonvillem is another nice spot to check out. Menswear and a little high-end streetwear as well.

Sir & Madame is another spot worth stopping by.

if I think of anything else, I'll add on. Ty should chime in. He would know more than I do, I'm sure.

Enjoy your stay bro!

Last edited:

Coming to Cleveland? :nerd: You've gotta try Melt in Lakewood, it was on Man vs Food and is bomb :pimp:

Chicago, I'd say check out Indepence on oak. They sale Oak St. boots there and other niche mens' clothing/accessories. Also, Haberdash. You can check their site to get a feel for what they offer. There is typically a little more in store. There are technically three stores. The newest one is on Roosevelt in a condo complex, nice spot. Then there are two almost right next to each other on State street off of Ohio. One is formal, with suits and such and the other is casual, footwear, accessories etc. There is also a downstairs in that location and a classic barbershop. There is a classic barbershop in the Roosevelt one as well, that store is much larger than the others. If you stop in for a clean shave or buy from the 'apothecary', ask for Jeron. Good guy!

Umm, Suit Supply Chicago is nice. That's not specific to Chicago, of course though. The space is very nice! Huge outdoor space/deck to chill on with a beer while being fitted.

Notre Shop in Andersonvillem is another nice spot to check out. Menswear and a little high-end streetwear as well.

if I think of anything else, I'll add on. Ty should chime in. He would know more than I do, I'm sure.

Enjoy your stay bro!

Thanks for both of your help. I'll be at both spots for work, but I want to try to see/eat/buy whatever I can when I have downtime.

I have Harold's on my food list for Chicago. Anything else??

laugh.gif
you guys are gonna scare people into not wanting to go to Europe. I've lived in London, Madrid, Brussels, Paris and Berlin (briefly) and yeah it happens, but it's not like you have to tuck your wallet under your sack or anything OD... Just be aware of your surroundings the same you would on a packed subway car in NYC.
EXACTLY!!!!

Coming to Cleveland? :nerd: You've gotta try Melt in Lakewood, it was on Man vs Food and is bomb :pimp:

Enjoy your stay bro!

Thanks for both of your help. I'll be at both spots for work, but I want to try to see/eat/buy whatever I can when I have downtime.

I have Harold's on my food list for Chicago. Anything else??

Idk how much time you have but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty sweet and you can't go wrong with a Cavs game!

Idk how much time you have but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty sweet and you can't go wrong with a Cavs game!

You've gotta get pizza while you're here. I'd recommend Pequods, Girodianos, and Pizanos.

Brunch - Chop Shop, Yolk, Little Goat, The Bongo Room

Dinner - Wood, Au Cheval, Ramen San, Xoco, The Purple Pig

If you're into beer check out Lagunitas, Revolution, or Half Acre. All three have taprooms and do tours.

i'm guessing you're staying downtown - I'd recommend checking out some neighborhoods to see what they have to offer. Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Logan Square (all of these are safe)

I would never order from oak again, order a jacket almost a weak ago and it still haven't ship, I was better off just traveling to the store smh.

You've gotta get pizza while you're here. I'd recommend Pequods, Girodianos, and Pizanos.

Brunch - Chop Shop, Yolk, Little Goat, The Bongo Room

Dinner - Wood, Au Cheval, Ramen San, Xoco, The Purple Pig

If you're into beer check out Lagunitas, Revolution, or Half Acre. All three have taprooms and do tours.

i'm guessing you're staying downtown - I'd recommend checking out some neighborhoods to see what they have to offer. Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Logan Square (all of these are safe)

gonna have to peep girodianos.. looks amazing.. was supposed to last time i was there but fell through

i know my cousin goes to the purple pig a lot

if you are visiting Chicago and have access to a car, do yourself a favor and get to Vito and Nicks...they specialize in tavern-style (thin cracker crust, more common on the Southside) and is amazing and dirt cheap for a large...

1. Vito & Nick's (click here for address and info)
South Side, Ashburn
Vito & Nick’s has been a tavern since the 1920s, and making pizza since the late 1940s, so yeah, they’ve probably learned a thing or two by now. At its best -- and admittedly sometimes that’s not on a packed Saturday night, with pizzas flying from the oven -- they achieve a near-perfect amalgam of crisp crust, brightly spiced sausage, well-balanced sauce with a hint of sweetness, and caramelized cheese on top. It's as good as pizza gets, thick or thin, in Chicago or anywhere.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/chicago/best-square-cut-tavern-style-pizza-chicago

I'd love to add to the Chicago restaurant suggestions but I don't want to derail the thread. You should make a post in general we can all contribute to, and it will bring in even more suggestions probably.

I'd be happy to get in on this Chicago pizza talk!

Back
Top Bottom