Dressing Better Vol 2.0

is styleforum working for you guys?

every time i try to go it has this message:
[table][tr][td]Redirection Error - You are receiving this error for one of the following reseasons:[/td][/tr][tr][td]- Your redirection is to another redirection record. This can cause a loop and is not allowed in our system.[/td][/tr][tr][td]- You may have recently removed your HTTP Redirection then your DNS is already changed on the name server but your system (computer) still has this IP (the redirection IP) cached. Please give this up to one hour before it is completely removed from your local cache.[/td][/tr][/table]
tried on my windows 8, my mac and iphone, same thing

is styleforum working for you guys?

every time i try to go it has this message:
[table][TR]
[TD]Redirection Error - You are receiving this error for one of the following reseasons:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]- Your redirection is to another redirection record. This can cause a loop and is not allowed in our system.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]- You may have recently removed your HTTP Redirection then your DNS is already changed on the name server but your system (computer) still has this IP (the redirection IP) cached. Please give this up to one hour before it is completely removed from your local cache.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

tried on my windows 8, my mac and iphone, same thing

Same thing earlier for me.

F the style forum

These dudes banned me then asked me to pay $500 to be reinstated, who is going to pay $500 to post on a free forum? And then they reduced it to $200.... so kind of them. :smh:

For those who wear a shirt/tie to work daily... what type of undershirts do you wear?
None.

But Uniqlo arrism I hear is good for warmer weather. Heat tech for F/W.
No undershirt? You're basically naked
F the style forum

These dudes banned me then asked me to pay $500 to be reinstated, who is going to pay $500 to post on a free forum? And then they reduced it to $200.... so kind of them.
mean.gif
WHAT?????????????????????????????????????? LOL that is the most ridiculous thing ever.

lol @ scum ... Love you A

No undershirt? the purpose of an undershirt is to soak up moisture and provide coverage, along with people not being able to see your skin through your shirt....

lol @ scum ... Love you A

No undershirt? the purpose of an undershirt is to soak up moisture and provide coverage, along with people not being able to see your skin through your shirt....

Team Undershirt!

Airism shirts by Uniqlo are awesome. HeatTeach by them are great for the fall and winter.

A bit too aggressive for me but do you my man.

Pant break is probably the most controversial thing in mens wear. Some traditional heads won't accept anything but a full break and a lot of people nowadays love the above look. I was working with my tailor to go somewhere in the middle, with a slight break. Meaning pants hemmed to touch the top of the shoe just slightly, with no socks showing while standing. 

After a bunch of trial and error and a lot of $ on tailoring spent, here's what I've settled on:

-The amount  of break you have is directly related to the taper of your pant leg. If you are going for a very slim silhouette, with a very tapered leg, (i.e. 7 to 7.5 inch taper at the ankle) you CAN"T have any break. Why? Cause with a very tapered leg, and pants that are long, you are going to get a stacked, bunched up look at the ankle, which looks sloppy. So if you want a full break, you have to accommodate it with a wide leg opening, which is traditionally a more classic look. 

-The taper of you pant leg should be in proportion to your body size. If you are a wide dude, fat or muscular, don't get 7 inch tapered pant legs. If you are skinny frail dude, then you can probably pull off 6.5 inch tapered legs.

-Personally for me, I like to dress well, but I don't want to stand out at work for obvious reasons. I'd rather be known for the quality of my work first rather than that guy who wears such and such (good or bad.) As a slim dude who is 5'10", I wanted to go very slight break (half an inch break,) with a tapered leg opening at 7 inches. My request to my tailor was that I wanted my pant leg barely touching the top of my shoe when standing straight. This was achieved but in practical day to day life.....when you are walking, or even standing at an angle, the pants flood and show sock. 

-Here was the magic trick that I'm so thankful to have found. THE ANGLED HEM. Otherwise known as the Military Hem. Basically, this is exactly what it sounds like. The hem is angled so that from the front of the pant to the back of the pant, the pants get slightly longer. For example, say for my length of pant, I get 29.5 inch inseam, well, it will be 29.5 inch at the front of the pants, and the hem will angle down 0.5 inch to 30 inch inseam in the back. This works magically because shoes will have a higher instep in the front, so that the front of your pants can be a bit shorter to catch a slight break to rest on the shoe. Now, when I'm standing, leaning at an angle, my hem is perfect from front to back, the only time you see sock is when I'm walking at a face pace or obviously when I'm sitting. 

Last edited:
i restarted my mac and SF seems to work fine now, not sure if it was a problem on their end or mine. 

iphone still not working, though

edit: not working again, oh well

I actually got banned from the marketplace on an old account 

Basically they had something in the rules that said no asking for paypal gift/fees and in a listing i had, i put paypal as gift or add fees

Dude said i can pay $500 to be unbanned from the marketplace. I just made a new account. What gets me tight is that there's a bunch of listing that asks you to add fees too that's been up and around forever and nothing is done about that

Last edited:
I forgot how nice it was to read the brand specific threads on sf. Lots of good info in there.

SF would be a lot better if they consolidated their info in the 1st post. Some of the threads are pretty long so getting the info you need might take a bit of researching. I remember going into the carmina sizing thread once and had to work to find posts comparing sizes with other shoe brands. If a mod was able to edit in the general flow with sizing, it would save people a lot of time and the occasional, "I'm x size in x brand, what would i be in carmina"

A bit too aggressive for me but do you my man.

Pant break is probably the most controversial thing in mens wear. Some traditional heads won't accept anything but a full break and a lot of people nowadays love the above look. I was working with my tailor to go somewhere in the middle, with a slight break. Meaning pants hemmed to touch the top of the shoe just slightly, with no socks showing while standing. 

After a bunch of trial and error and a lot of $ on tailoring spent, here's what I've settled on:

-The amount  of break you have is directly related to the taper of your pant leg. If you are going for a very slim silhouette, with a very tapered leg, (i.e. 7 to 7.5 inch taper at the ankle) you CAN"T have any break. Why? Cause with a very tapered leg, and pants that are long, you are going to get a stacked, bunched up look at the ankle, which looks sloppy. So if you want a full break, you have to accommodate it with a wide leg opening, which is traditionally a more classic look. 

-The taper of you pant leg should be in proportion to your body size. If you are a wide dude, fat or muscular, don't get 7 inch tapered pant legs. If you are skinny frail dude, then you can probably pull off 6.5 inch tapered legs.

-Personally for me, I like to dress well, but I don't want to stand out at work for obvious reasons. I'd rather be known for the quality of my work first rather than that guy who wears such and such (good or bad.) As a slim dude who is 5'10", I wanted to go very slight break (half an inch break,) with a tapered leg opening at 7 inches. My request to my tailor was that I wanted my pant leg barely touching the top of my shoe when standing straight. This was achieved but in practical day to day life.....when you are walking, or even standing at an angle, the pants flood and show sock. 

-Here was the magic trick that I'm so thankful to have found. THE ANGLED HEM. Otherwise known as the Military Hem. Basically, this is exactly what it sounds like. The hem is angled so that from the front of the pant to the back of the pant, the pants get slightly longer. For example, say for my length of pant, I get 29.5 inch inseam, well, it will be 29.5 inch at the front of the pants, and the hem will angle down 0.5 inch to 30 inch inseam in the back. This works magically because shoes will have a higher instep in the front, so that the front of your pants can be a bit shorter to catch a slight break to rest on the shoe. Now, when I'm standing, leaning at an angle, my hem is perfect from front to back, the only time you see sock is when I'm walking at a face pace or obviously when I'm sitting. 

Spot on, on everything you said. I will say thankfully working in a school setting isn't too conservative so a straight hem works for me. Definitely agree on the taper as well. It took some trials but I finally settled on an 8 inch opening on mine, with my size anything smaller would look comical.

Dude I have been trying to explain this for the longest. I need that because I do go with a little/no break look with my pants which sit perfect on the shoe but a bit of sock does show in the back moreso when I'm walking which at times is not beneficial being that I dont have really nice socks or anything. 

This is going in the word doc for sure.

Yeah, pant breaks are one of those things that can either make your suit/pants look great or terrible.

From my experiences, I've noticed that a 1/2" break with a 7.5" taper leg opening works best for me. Tapering the trousers has always been my biggest issue, because my lower body is built like a damn NFL running back :lol:

Dude I have been trying to explain this for the longest. I need that because I do go with a little/no break look with my pants which sit perfect on the shoe but a bit of sock does show in the back moreso when I'm walking which at times is not beneficial being that I dont have really nice socks or anything. 

Some tailors don't even know about this which is worrisome. At the local men's store that I go to, I only like dealing with the owner/master tailor (my tailor) because he knows about these nuances. Was picking up some stuff I had gotten tailored once and one of his employees was confused when this customer wanted to get the angled hem. Dude broke it down for her and she just had a deer in the headlights look. I had to tell her what he wanted and mark up the trousers for her :smh:. Told my tailor about it when he came out with my stuff and what the guy wanted and that it was marked.

Last edited:

Some tailors don't even know about this which is worrisome. At the local men's store that I go to, I only like dealing with the owner/master tailor (my tailor) because he knows about these nuances. Was picking up some stuff I had gotten tailored once and one of his employees was confused when this customer wanted to get the angled hem. Dude broke it down for her and she just had a deer in the headlights look. I had to tell her what he wanted and mark up the trousers for her
mean.gif
. Told my tailor about it when he came out with my stuff and what the guy wanted and that it was marked.
Going through the same thing man. I tried to explain what I meant to my tailor and they just werent getting it. Rather than ruin the pants I just decided to leave it alone for the time being. I feel like it was more me doing a very poor job of explaining it than anything because they're great and have a good grasp of everything else I want them to do.

Back
Top Bottom