Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Probably one of the best features I've seen that doesn't feature your "cookie-cuttter" menswear. Although I would likely never wear anything he is wearing, I can definitely appreciate it and he pulls it off incredibly well.

http://tsbmen.com/47548/couture-streetwear-featuring-j-s-vann/

I am curious about this as well. What material should you look for in a summer suit? Poplin?

Cotton, Linen, Cotton/Linen blend, Tropical Wool weight. I ordered my POW from Indochino half-lined so the fabric can breathe, not to mention I sweat a lot. Got the waistcoat for it so I can wear it year-round when the weather gets colder.

IDC how hot it is, I can not go without an undershirt. I seriously feel naked without one. Just cant do it.

You and I both. I'm trying Uniqlo's Airism undershirts and they're okay. If it's humid or if you are wearing it indoors it doesn't do much to keep you cool to be honest. Wore it two weeks ago when it was really warm and thought I put on my HeatTech one instead of Airism. Had to go buy some undershirts and switch out of it. Granted it does really well if wearing it outdoors.

What sunglasses are you guys wearing for the summer? 
Got on 3-D glasses instead of sunglasses and nobody can tell

I just realized there was more than one fit. The other ones are cool. His style is definitely eccentric. First fit just has A LOT going on. Not feeling it.

You also have to realize what industry he is in. Fashion dudes dress like women. Embellished prints and designs.

Probably one of the best features I've seen that doesn't feature your "cookie-cuttter" menswear. Although I would likely never wear anything he is wearing, I can definitely appreciate it and he pulls it off incredibly well.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Probably one of the worst outfits I have ever seen.
To each their own mang. I definitely dig it.
I wonder if that was featured somewhere other than TSB, a place both of your are loyal to (for good reason), how you'd feel about it?  Considering you & sarteaga are two of the more conservative dressers and seem to regularly dismiss a lot of what is outside of the norm, it's just really surprising that you both state you can dig/appreciate it.

I know that'll be taken as a shot and someone will get offended but it's really not, more of just curiosity how someone's ties to something affect their views.

You also have to realize what industry he is in. Fashion dudes dress like women. Embellished prints and designs.

Too many blatant patterns all in one outfit for me. I'm all about the subtleties.

I do like those quilted pattern joggers though.
Subtleties are my bread and butter, but I sure can appreciate other's style outside of my own aesthetic.

The quilted pants are that move B.

:x :x :x

Probably one of the worst outfits I have ever seen.
To each their own mang. I definitely dig it.

I wonder if that was featured somewhere other than TSB, a place both of your are loyal to (for good reason), how you'd feel about it?  Considering you & sarteaga are two of the more conservative dressers and seem to regularly dismiss a lot of what is outside of the norm, it's just really surprising that you both state you can dig/appreciate it.

I know that'll be taken as a shot and someone will get offended but it's really not, more of just curiosity how someone's ties to something affect their views.
No offense taken. Very valid question.

As I posted previously, I met Wale from Ikire Jones this past weekend. While his style is quite different than mine, I find it fascinating. Pretty sure I found out about his line from a blog on tumblr. Actually was just telling Serg that I could never do his jackets because the Nigerian aesthetic would be odd on me. Then I peeped this TSB post and saw the Japanese style fabric.

Still wouldn't wear but would make a hell of a lot more sense to get something like that for me

Not feeling any of those fits in the least bit. 

"By day he’s is the creative director at Garrison Bespoke and a die hard sneaker collector, by night he’s the life of the party on the Toronto nightlife scene…always with a beautiful woman on his arm."   -    
laugh.gif
 I'm gonna go ahead and call BS. 

Last edited:

No offense taken as well.

Pretty much what Adrian said. Don't get me wrong, I could never and would never wear anything that this guy is wearing in his feature but he does pull it off very well with the confidence he seems to exude. Although it's out there, it doesn't seem forced by him.

Take for example the dude from last week or so with the shorts, blazer and white canvas low top sneakers, to me that looked custome-y. Same with this guy that was in their last 2 features. Although it may be more towards what I would wear, the sneakers to me just scream lazy.

http://tsbmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/0172.jpg
http://tsbmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/12.jpg

I don't know, it's something about the detail and thought that seems to go into his outfits that I appreciate. Same with Ikire Jones's line of blazers. I could never wear it but I do appreciate it.

Most men have learned clean suiting and fashion from WallStreet/Bankers. Kind of the old school business look. This is a new school of fashionistas, I call them that because they take a lot of women's clothing and create a manly counter to it. Sometimes the envelope doesn't need to be pushed. But since they do, I don't look at it as a man wearing the cloths. I see the hint of blue that the pocket square pulls in. I see the tones and the textures. But I am also obsessed with interior design. And these elements are used often.

@sarteaga0408  & @Pinoy732  I hear you, I was just surprised to see both of you co-sign it but then realized the TSB thing.

In terms of what he's wearing, I really like mixing fabrics & textures plus I think quilted (almost) anything looks cool.  I can't get into the 2nd & last outfits at all though.  

@sarteaga0408
 & @Pinoy732
 I hear you, I was just surprised to see both of you co-sign it but then realized the TSB thing.

In terms of what he's wearing, I really like mixing fabrics & textures plus I think quilted (almost) anything looks cool.  I can't get into the 2nd & last outfits at all though.  
Not everything shown was good in my book. I'm just all for someone doing them.

As for quilted, I'm right there with you on that.

@sarteaga0408
 & @Pinoy732
 I hear you, I was just surprised to see both of you co-sign it but then realized the TSB thing.

Agreed with what Adrian said as well. It being TSB is secondary to me, as I've seen some pretty bad outfits posted there where I've literally shaken my head.

There's no doubt that it was linked because those guys visit that site. I've never been on that site except for when I'm linked from NT. Usually it's something good so I appreciate but I was not expecting THAT. That was just garbage :lol: Although I'm glad it was posted because thread has been pretty stale this week it at least got some conversation going.

I'll be contributing some stuff here soon :nerd:

Last edited:
Some of the outfits posted on TSB is highly questionable. Makes me wonder if that's where Dwayne Wade's stylist gets ideas from :lol:

Last edited:
Just grabbed an Express photographer in Blue Cotton Sateen for $150. Cut looks pretty tailored to my shape. Anyone have one?

Back
Top Bottom