Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have a link to those Nike track and field pants?

Alright guys, I'm looking into getting a new sweater/jacket for fall/winter but not too worried about warmth because I'm in San Diego.
First question would be has anyone seen this style before or have more pictures of someone wearing it? Its by Gant and called the Gathering Cardigan; it looks to be a slouchy hooded shawl cardigan. I figured it would be great for layering. Has anyone seen something like this for cheaper?
http://us.gant.com/the-gathering-cardigan-grey-melange

Next question I had was about this hoodie. It looks a pretty trendy/hypebeast-ish but I was really hoping to scoop one up but they're sold out. If I bought a black hoodie and gold zippers would a tailor be able to recreate this for me?

I'm also interested in finding a nice black bomber for under $150. A similar look to the infamous APC one but without the leather. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to seem em! Thanks

The Gold Line hoodie is real nice.

I've been trying to find another brand that makes those too since they're sold out.

My Meermins came in today. Already wore them. Pretty nice for the money, but we're all used to buying $500 AE's for $120 and those absolutely stomp these in terms of quality.

Damn those Nike sweats are already sold out in small -_-
yea they went quick. i might have to check niketown this weekend

Maybe it's just that color but those have been stocked for a while, I got a pair back in early April from Finishline. Mine are like a charcoal grey color with a tonal logo so it's not so noticeable.

My Meermins came in today. Already wore them. Pretty nice for the money, but we're all used to buying $500 AE's for $120 and those absolutely stomp these in terms of quality.

Meermin's quality is substantially below AE? I'd debated ordering a pair, unsure of size (wide feet) so I've held off.

Last edited:
My search for an everyday work bag has ended. Found this on ebay. Surprisingly it's BR and the quality is great. Has the things I was looking for: short leather handles, leather details, and outer pockets for quick access items. Strands also came in. Had to look hard to find any flaws. :pimp:

Last edited:
Maybe it's just that color but those have been stocked for a while, I got a pair back in early April from Finishline. Mine are like a charcoal grey color with a tonal logo so it's not so noticeable.
i'm not talking about the ones with the big ugly *** logo. i was talking about the tech pack sweats that just went online today.

The Gold Line hoodie is real nice.

I've been trying to find another brand that makes those too since they're sold out.

Let me know if you find anything. I know he restocks them occasionally so keep your eye out for that. I'm pretty sure its just an American Apparel hoodie so I'm hoping I can just have my tailor make me something similar.

Anyone have a link to those Nike track and field pants?

Alright guys, I'm looking into getting a new sweater/jacket for fall/winter but not too worried about warmth because I'm in San Diego.
First question would be has anyone seen this style before or have more pictures of someone wearing it? Its by Gant and called the Gathering Cardigan; it looks to be a slouchy hooded shawl cardigan. I figured it would be great for layering. Has anyone seen something like this for cheaper?
http://us.gant.com/the-gathering-cardigan-grey-melange

Next question I had was about this hoodie. It looks a pretty trendy/hypebeast-ish but I was really hoping to scoop one up but they're sold out. If I bought a black hoodie and gold zippers would a tailor be able to recreate this for me?

I'm also interested in finding a nice black bomber for under $150. A similar look to the infamous APC one but without the leather. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to seem em! Thanks
Wow. Surprised that cardigan is from Gant...seem so out of their norm.

Adding zippers is a harder task than it appears. I'm sure that hoody doesn't fit like a normal hoody either, ie it may have a slouchy appeal on the arms.

Definitely wish I had normal sized feet. I loved the RL shoes by Allen Edmonds, but couldn't fit the narrow lasts. Seem like the leather quality was better and really liked the double soles. Had to exchange my pairs, but I was able to pick up these shells instead

i'm not talking about the ones with the big ugly *** logo. i was talking about the tech pack sweats that just went online today.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize because nobody specified but I like the ones you're talking about. I have the ones with the big ugly *** logo though :lol: but I only got them because of fit, the price (came out to $45 or so) and the fact that the logo isn't so bold on mine. I doubt I'd spend $80 on sweatpants that I'd just wear around the house...I have $15 Gap cutoff sweatpants on now. I don't need zippers or enhanced range of motion at the knees, I'm not doing lunges in my living room. :lol:
Definitely wish I had normal sized feet. I loved the RL shoes by Allen Edmonds, but couldn't fit the narrow lasts. Seem like the leather quality was better and really liked the double soles. Had to exchange my pairs, but I was able to pick up these shells instead

I hear you. The only pair I liked that they had in an 11E was these but I'm happy with them:

Last edited:
where do you guys buy ties?

online to get better deals?

Ties in stores are $40 - $50 a piece, that's ridiculous IMO...you can have a few nice expensive ties but I have to wear a tie to work everyday...I'm not trying to spend $500 on ties.

Any tips.

I know there are sites like The Tie Bar etc...any other good places for quality ties?

Just got back from JCF B&M store near my house. Currently running 50% off ties. Some nice ones to be had for $20. Prices should be the same online too.

Meermin's quality is substantially below AE? I'd debated ordering a pair, unsure of size (wide feet) so I've held off.

That wasn't a knock against Meermin. They are great bang for your buck. What I meant to say was we're used to buying shoes that retail for $400 - $500 for under a buck fifty and obviously a $400 pair of made in the USA AE's is going to beat the quality of a $200 shoe made by those lazy Spaniards :tongue:

For dude who asked about ties, check Marshall's as well.

That looks great, thanks!

Roto Punch from Bed, Bath & Beyond, it's or $8 or $10 plus you can use their 20% off coupons.

i compromised with myself and only ordered one pair of ae's. its all your fault A

Mannn I'm up to 3 pairs already and just ordered the loafers that Adrian got as well but in Walnut. I am going return the walnut with khaki sanderson spectators though...I think, no need for 3 walnut pairs out of the 4. And yes I blame Adrian too.

I hear you. The only pair I liked that they had in an 11E was these but I'm happy with them:

Just returned the tan Slatons In 11E if you're looking for those. didn't even get to wear them since I found out I really needed EEE, but they don't make them past E. Considering the AE ciftons as analternative

That wasn't a knock against Meermin. They are great bang for your buck. What I meant to say was we're used to buying shoes that retail for $400 - $500 for under a buck fifty and obviously a $400 pair of made in the USA AE's is going to beat the quality of a $200 shoe made by those lazy Spaniards :tongue:

The Meermin shoes aren't substantially lesser in quality than the AEs but you can definitely say that the leather on the AEs is better and like FLYKNITlVR said you can see why the price difference. Still at $200 for a pair of Meermin's they are by far the best bang for your buck Goodyear welted shoes.

I driving over to the Allen Edmonds store in Atlanta on Sat to try on a few pairs. I wear a 13 normally but need to check on the 12eee since I have wide feet.

And lastly interesting article on the Wall Street Journal about how to dress on Wall Street: (personally I thinks some of the suggestions are ridiculous)

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-dress-the-part-on-wall-street-2013-8

Ridiculous is an understatement. This had me :rofl: though:

Forget all about Hublot. It’s a great way to tell people that you’re an idiot who has more money than taste. Hublot was a second-rate brand with third-rate craftsmanship until about 15 years ago when they arbitrarily doubled the price and started paying celebrities and sport figures to wear them. It's been a marketers wet dream.

Just returned the tan Slatons In 11E if you're looking for those. didn't even get to wear them since I found out I really needed EEE, but they don't make them past E. Considering the AE ciftons as analternative

Oh damn...I wanted those in brown. Not sure I need another pair in the tan/walnut family but if I can track them down, I might have to. Thanks for the head's up.

I hear you. Good quality for a $200 shoe but can't compare to a $400 shoe, especially at $150. Still might check them out, a couple I like had a wider last.

sup?

i been dressing real "hood" lately. nothing DB famb wants to see. and as far as all the sales yall been posting im poor so i am not interested. but i am still lurking

Last edited:
And lastly interesting article on the Wall Street Journal about how to dress on Wall Street: (personally I thinks some of the suggestions are ridiculous)

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-dress-the-part-on-wall-street-2013-8

Ridiculous is an understatement. This had me :rofl: though:

Forget all about Hublot. It’s a great way to tell people that you’re an idiot who has more money than taste. Hublot was a second-rate brand with third-rate craftsmanship until about 15 years ago when they arbitrarily doubled the price and started paying celebrities and sport figures to wear them. It's been a marketers wet dream.

I'm not sure how familiar you guys are with the Goldman Sachs Elevator (@GSElevator) but it's mainly a satire account. It's supposed to be outlandish, extremely pretentious and comedic yet is mildly offensive and insensitive to some. The lulz are bottomless, though.

Back
Top Bottom