Dressing Better Vol 2.0

AE slim fit cargos got em cheap

Ideas for an outfit to a graduation?

It's indoors, but it's Texas so it'll be very hot out and I'll be outside for a decent amount of time.

I have about two weeks to get a fit together, so i'm open to anything.
My graduation is coming up too, May 19th :smokin. Mine will be outdoor rain or shine. Keep it light and simple. I'll be looking for some lightweight navy or dark gray pants and a white shirt with whatever tie i'll wear. I'll be sweating like crazy under my black gown so I'm thinking sweat on my armpits won't be too visible on a white shirt :lol: :smh:.

Last edited:
In due time. LV isn't all that expensive when compared to Hermes or even Dior and Chanel.

I rarely use mine anymore though. The biggest con is that it's an automatic target, plus it's a luxury bag so you gotta be careful and can't be reckless with it.

That's like working a whole month for me without eating or having to pay any bills just so I can save up. :rofl: A guy can wish.

That's true. It is an automatic target. I would have to carry the pistol if I ever had that. I feel I would look really tacky with a bag like that but I would cop it still. :tongue:

The damier print looks nice but i'd rather have a bag that isn't that canvas material. I'd want a leather bag that will fade nicely and have that rugged, worn in look after a few years.

I have feel in love with CDG PLAY. Perfect length and the female compliments go to my head. I went to whole foods and a cute bagger girl saw my shirt and showed me her CDG wallet and preceded to ask about my whole fit. Jokingly (I hope) asked for my shirt and I told her that she would have to come get it. She gives me the number. :smokin

True, I checked their website and the polos are indeed rather short in length.. I will give them a try. Thanks.

Have you tried the other fits from RL? Classic is really long I always get custom fit and the length hits right at the belt line...

i believe the RL slim fit, not custom, have an even length in the front and back but dont quote me.

i think RL polos that are marked as slim are shorter...it appears they are cut shorter than the classic and custom ones

*nevermind they still kind of look longer in the back :\

I have a ton of Ralph Lauren polos, some are custom fit some are classic fit.. I feel like custom fit is just as long unless they recently made new versions?

Kent Wang love the one I have, def buying more this summer. Had to size up though

Price point looks good, I will definitely try to check them out as well

Last edited:
The damier print looks nice but i'd rather have a bag that isn't that canvas material. I'd want a leather bag that will fade nicely and have that rugged, worn in look after a few years.

That bag isnt leather?

I think it works well with his fit too.
He has some unassuming pieces and some under the radar kicks and then BAM ....2k louis bag.
Its a good balance imo...like a suit with that bag is too much.

Different aesthetic. It's a luxury bag. I have both. Several from lux brands that are really light in weight. On the other side of the spectrum the Saddleback weighs a ton but it takes a beating like no other. This would not be ideal to carry around all day due to its weight.

True, I checked their website and the polos are indeed rather short in length.. I will give them a try. Thanks.

I have a ton of Ralph Lauren polos, some are custom fit some are classic fit.. I feel like custom fit is just as long unless they recently made new versions?
Price point looks good, I will definitely try to check them out as well
this is what i found regarding RL "slim" polos

As the epitome of classic American sportswear, our polos are now available in three silhouettes. The Classic-Fit is our original style and features a roomier chest, longer sleeves and an extended shirttail that allows for increased mobility. For a sleeker silhouette that pairs well with a suit jacket, for instance, the Custom-Fit is 1½ inches narrower in the chest and features shorter sleeves and hems for a streamlined fit. The newest is our Slim-Fit, a more tailored option inspired by European style, which offers our narrowest chest (a ½ inch slimmer than Custom-Fit) and our shortest front and back hems. Worn with dark jeans this spring, the Slim-Fit offers the classic look of a polo, updated in a modern style-minded fit.

http://global.ralphlauren.com/en-us/Style/Men/Pages/question.aspx about 3/4 of the page down

* i also have the same issues with my RL custom fit polos but ive heard of people getting the tail hemmed to match the front

Last edited:
^^^^ Wow. That bag is really nice. Must cop.

8) if u got it like that. I WISH i had the funds for something like that.

if I did, I still wouldn't buy a man-bag at all. I'd put an extra 2 grand towards my truck or a down payment on a house. That dude makes a living off his image now basically (whether its for appearances or just business relationships).

But that would technically mean you didn't have the funds for something like that. If you have the ability to truly afford a $2k bag, you shouldn't be in a position where needing to put it towards your truck or house is an issue, that money should already be there.

That's not a shot at you or your finances, I mean it in general.

But that would technically mean you didn't have the funds for something like that. If you have the ability to truly afford a $2k bag, you shouldn't be in a position where needing to put it towards your truck or house is an issue, that money should already be there.

I think what he means is priorities. Even in that position I would probably go towards putting money towards or car something more meaningful than a bag.

Damn, penguin polos aren't meant for dudes that lift at all. The fit is right except the arms, tight as a mug. Chicks will love it though.

I think what he means is priorities. Even in that position I would probably go towards putting money towards or car something more meaningful than a bag.

I guess my point is if you can comfortably, really afford a $2k bag (not just have $2k), you shouldn't be worried about needing to put it elsewhere/priorities or you might just be living beyond your means. JMO.

Pfft.

Style > Priorities

I have school payments, still sent in those ToJ payments though :lol:

Last edited:
how do you guys get over having your pants only come to your ankles? I have a mental block, where if I looked down and I could see the top of my foot, I'd think my pants were way too short

considering wearing a light grey suit for my wedding......

do you guys suggest black or brown shoes? Im torn, normally I would wear black, but I prefer brown shoes.

considering wearing a light grey suit for my wedding......

do you guys suggest black or brown shoes? Im torn, normally I would wear black, but I prefer brown shoes.
how do you guys get over having your pants only come to your ankles? I have a mental block, where if I looked down and I could see the top of my foot, I'd think my pants were way too short
It took me a while, I gradually got pants with less break, now I love the way it looks, feels like a clean neat look imo

been patiently waiting for a company to come out with a nice stylish looking driver in the 70$-$150 price rangee, in the general shape of Tods drivers, in okay quality in some nice colors/materials and some differences in styling like ties, tassels, etc. AND ALSO looking for the same deal with a nice del toro style slipper and shoes but to no avail. Some brands have tried, like zara etc but nobody has done a great job yet smh

man this! i cant afford any of the ones i want. must save up to cop some pair in the next couple months.

I wanna try some drivers for the warmer weather. Never went down that path.

Any suggestions?

cole hann makes the most affordable/best looking. if you dont mind spending the loot, car shoes is killing the game

Drivers? Pics :nerd:

on my wish list

car shoe

Last edited:
Very little - no break on my pants works best for me since I'm a shorter dude. I also like to flash a bit of ankle/sock.

All up to preference though.

It's an acquired taste, but it's also not always appropriate.

Question about wearing an undershirt with a white shirt to a wedding:

How do you combat the undershirt being visible? Every white shirt I've tried on is somewhat transparent enough to where it's clear I'm wearing a wifebeater or V Neck underneath?

Is ditching the undershirt altogether an option? It's for a formal wedding.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom