Dressing Better Vol 2.0

From Nordstrom.com:

MEN'S 10 SPRING ESSENTIALS

1. CAMO PANTS
Civilians have long worn this military staple as a rebellious declaration, but today men choose camo pants as more of a bold style statement than anything else. Wear them with everything from henleys to sportcoats.

2. WHITE JEANS
If you've never owned a pair, you'll be surprised at how versatile white jeans are. They add a safari element to khaki and other neutral clothing (think modern-day Hemingway), and provide the perfect backdrop for bright colors.

3. BOLD BLAZER
Nothing says spring like a boldly colored blazer. For maximum impact, wear it over a pair of white jeans—and don't be afraid to pair it with a bold shirt, too.

4. TASSEL LOAFERS
Think of tassel loafers as a dressy sneaker. You can wear them with pants or shorts, with or without socks—and yes, you can wear them with a suit.

5. BOW TIE
Today's best-dressed gentlemen don bow ties with everything from blazers to Bermudas. Remember: a little asymmetry takes a bow tie from stuffy to perfectly imperfect.

6. SPREAD-COLLAR DRESS SHIRT
The medium spread collar is the perfect middle ground between the point and the wide spread. It expresses confident style and flatters most face shapes.

7. TORTOISESHELL SUNGLASSES
No longer made from the real deal, tortoiseshell sunglasses still exude a cool vintage vibe. Their warm, mottled coloring complements most skin tones.

8. MODERN BACKPACK
This is not the bag from your school days. Today's backpacks are updated with new materials and colors—and still offer hands-free utility and compartmentalized convenience.

9. HENLEY
Originally a rowing uniform in England, today's henleys serve as an alternative to a T-shirt or polo. Wear one under a blazer for the perfect mix of polished prep and rugged masculinity.

10. STRIPED SWEATER
When it comes to stripes, bolder is better. Don't worry about wearing stripes over a pattern—as long as the pattern isn't another stripe, and it's scaled differently, the two will play well together.

Fixed :lol:

sorry can't get down with those.

Been an extra busy weekend with graduation and everything....feels good to be finished with undergrad even though it hasn't even hit me yet :nthat:

Ill post some pics up later on, gonna have to catch up on the thread too
Congratulations fam :pimp:

Been an extra busy weekend with graduation and everything....feels good to be finished with undergrad even though it hasn't even hit me yet :nthat:

Congrats fam! I have 2 more days of classes until finals... crazy

Life after undergrad is cool. You're still young but have some money now. The con is you no longer have breaks except for your paid time off at work :lol:

Appreciate it bros! I know yours is coming up soon too Adrian, and Rob the rest of school will definitely go by super fast man. Wis I can't wait to have some more disposable income once I start working either gonna get some AEs in my rotation soon after I start. Thanks Storm, tryin to get on your level w/ this engineering eventually man

Your boy even won the "Best Dressed" Senior Superlative at our department's ceremony :lol: :smokin

Dont wanna flood the thread, but here's a few pics from the two ceremonies we had (me, my girl, and my parents):

My pop's phone camera work is weak :lol:

Last edited:

Congratulations fam :pimp:

Congrats fam! I have 2 more days of classes until finals... crazy

Life after undergrad is cool. You're still young but have some money now. The con is you no longer have breaks except for your paid time off at work :lol:

Appreciate it bros! I know yours is coming up soon too Adrian, and Rob the rest of school will definitely go by super fast man. Wis I can't wait to have some more disposable income once I start working either gonna get some AEs in my rotation soon after I start. Thanks Storm, tryin to get on your level w/ this engineering eventually man
Your boy even won the "Best Dressed" Senior Superlative at our department's ceremony :lol: :smokin

Dont wanna flood the thread, but here's a few pics from the two ceremonies we had (me, my girl, and my parents):

I know it'll go by quick, but I don't want it too. Loving school right now, besides the past few weeks :smh:

Congrats on the best dressed award, and awesome pics of the ceremony, looks like you had a good time. I wish you all the success in the world my man. :pimp:

Last edited:
^^Haha thanks again man, and I definitely hear you on that...wish I could stay w/ the college atmosphere w/o all the finals and work smh. But likewise to you, live it up at school...you'll be doin big things in the future bro.

Probably gonna scoop those Air Aidens this week for the summer too

Last edited:

Looking good man, like the suit

Ideas for an outfit to a graduation?

It's indoors, but it's Texas so it'll be very hot out and I'll be outside for a decent amount of time.

I have about two weeks to get a fit together, so i'm open to anything.

Not a fan of the 10 essentials for spring, camo pants and white jeans may be the only thing I may even try...may...

Got the Bulova watch from Macy's in, I like it and the price wasn't super bad, for whatever reason still considering if it's worth keeping...thoughts?

Congrats pleigboi :pimp:

Man, life after undergrad >>> undergrad IMHO. I guess since I had an internship 2/3 summers and worked over breaks, I'm used to it. I also enjoy the money and yambs :lol:

i really want some suede tassel loafers

I've been looking for some brown ones for a minute. So hard to find a quality pair. I think Iron Man got an Alden pair he was going to post. May have to make that move if the price is good

Yambs is significantly easier to get in college compared to after you graduate.

BUT, it's important to note that I don't go out very often, so that could be a reason :lol:

Not a fan of the 10 essentials for spring, camo pants and white jeans may be the only thing I may even try...may...

Got the Bulova watch from Macy's in, I like it and the price wasn't super bad, for whatever reason still considering if it's worth keeping...thoughts?

I'm a fan if simpler watches...I've heard good things about that model too so I'd say keep it :lol: its about the same size as the Skagen one I have, and they can be used for pretty much any occasion. Always good to have a clean black band watch.

You might be able to return it to Macys and order it for cheaper off of Amazon if you wanted to though

^ thanks! definitely do need a nice black leather band watch. Amazon has them for about $130, got it for about $90 from Macy's with the F&F they just had.

On another note I decided to put some mink oil on my double monks from Meermin. As it did rain today and may wear them this week and may rain again I figured I should waterproofed them. Love how the mink oil gives the leather that extra sheen. I ended up ordering another 2 pairs from Meermin, brown snuff suede double monks and black calf captoe with medallion.

Had to crop the pics for picstitch so the quality kinda sucks but the color is noticeable

Just out of curiosity which one do you buy?

I have one american apparel V neck and its just too short on me. Im 6 foot....bought a medium.
I'd really like to find a go to crew and v neck t shirt in colors for the summer. Hoping my J. Crew Factory T fits well so i can pick up some more for cheap.

I picked a few nice fitting V neck Ts in various colors from Old Navy for 10 dollars. If you can catch a sale like I did you can get buy 1 get 1 free.

Also, I dont know if you have a Cotton On nearby but I also picked up a few V neck Ts from them as well.

Last edited:

I'm a fan if simpler watches...I've heard good things about that model too so I'd say keep it
laugh.gif
its about the same size as the Skagen one I have, and they can be used for pretty much any occasion. Always good to have a clean black band watch.

You might be able to return it to Macys and order it for cheaper off of Amazon if you wanted to though
i got the exact same watch, havent wore it though. how much you pay?

Going to give those Mossimo's a shot, if I can find them.

Speaking of Henleys, any recs? I know two requests in one day, :lol:

I need suggestions for a Derby party Saturday...Full seersucker suit a little too much?Or just wear the pants or jacket separate? Suggestions for a shirt color?...Thanks guys

I need suggestions for a Derby party Saturday...Full seersucker suit a little too much?Or just wear the pants or jacket separate? Suggestions for a shirt color?...Thanks guys

A seersucker suit is perfectly acceptable for a derby party.

You have a lot of options for shirts. To play it safe wear white, but essentially you can wear any light color. (blue, orange, pink, salmon, etc)

A seersucker suit is perfectly acceptable for a derby party.

You have a lot of options for shirts. To play it safe wear white, but essentially you can wear any light color. (blue, orange, pink, salmon, etc)
I concur. Class Southern outfit right here.

:pimp: Ced!

so gents what do you guys do with your old wardrobe ? i have been narrowing down my massive ralph lauren collection and im only keeping my rrl and made to measure items along with purple label knick knacks 

Old clothes go to goodwill or to my little brothers. I haven't given clothes away in a long time though, since I've been the same size in pretty much everything for the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom