Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You - SNL 9-15-12 by IdolxMuzic
anyone have info on john mayer's shirt in this vid? I've seen it a million times and i cant find the damn thing anymore

visvim lhamo shirt one wash

Union LA has them right now:
http://store.unionlosangeles.com/products/ss-lhamo-shirt

John Mayer wears a whole bunch of visvim
John-Mayer-Visvim-lhamo-denim-shirt-upscalehype-Visvim-hockney-beige-folk-boat-shoes-upscalehype-2.jpg

patiently waiting for somebody like zara to make a perfect rip off of tods drivers - they've been close but not close enough - they gotta get the shape right

also some nice tuxedo slippers - yes i know that h&m made a pair once, i wish zara or somebody would do those too.  

Want both but know I wouldn't wear them enough to justify a 300$+ purchase.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Went window shopping at the Neiman Marcus Outlet today. Trying not to buy anything for October. It was tough.

A feature on Men's Fashion feature Dan Trepanier from thestyleblogger.com aka TSBmen.com and apparently I'm in there for a few seconds...

Last edited:
G: It's hard not buying stuff, man :lol:

Especially that you can buy stuff on your cell phones now. :frown:

Great stuff, Serg.

I wish my friends were into this stuff so I can photograph them too.

A feature on Men's Fashion feature Dan Trepanier from thestyleblogger.com aka TSBmen.com and apparently I'm in there for a few seconds...

I like when he said save at the store slurge at the tailors. Great info for those watching their wallets.

For those trying to ball on a budget, I suggest checking out Brooks Brothers. Great quality, affordable and absolute top notch customer service. With a Brooks Card you get $20 back for every $500 you spend. If you spend enough in a year (it's either $2500 or $3000 based on when I got it) they'll up that to $40 back. That's 8% back on top of the sales which are pretty much nonstop. Plus they throw in extra random sales, allow you to shop the day before sales start, and bonus gifts with certain purchases. Just a suggestion. I was loyal to Polo for a long time, but I won't be going back.

For those trying to ball on a budget, I suggest checking out Brooks Brothers. Great quality, affordable and absolute top notch customer service. With a Brooks Card you get $20 back for every $500 you spend. If you spend enough in a year (it's either $2500 or $3000 based on when I got it) they'll up that to $40 back. That's 8% back on top of the sales which are pretty much nonstop. Plus they throw in extra random sales, allow you to shop the day before sales start, and bonus gifts with certain purchases. Just a suggestion. I was loyal to Polo for a long time, but I won't be going back.
Also want to note that the Brooks Bros stuff at the Outlet is not the same as the regular stores. They have a semi annual sale (I believe) that's great for stocking up on suits, it's about 50% off, but inventory goes quick.

Their footwear is also loved upon the SF members since they are worked by great firms such as Crockett & Jones.

Weather cooled off enough for a leather jacket today:

Last edited:
If you plan on wearing the shoes in wet conditions, go with the former. If not, then the latter.

just received my customized suit and shirt from indochino. as i expected, some of it was off. im not sure if its possible to alter though. heres some pics of me in the suit and shirt (please excuse the crappy quality, i used an iphone 3gs camera
ohwell.gif
)

30vkx75.jpg

r031gy.jpg

dcu7mq.jpg

292tidf.jpg

5f5gya.jpg

any criticism is welcomed. what i noticed was that the shoulder of the shirt and the suit jacket was too short, is it possible to tailor that? also the length of the suit jacket is a little short, not sure if i can do anything about that.

overall the quality is slightly above average, 7/10. i probably wont order from indochino again unless theres a coupon or sale. the only thing great about it is the customization and free tailoring after.

Last edited:
James: From the pics, they don't look too bad to me. The sleeves on both the shirt and jacket look to be too long. The collar on the shirt looks a bit too large. The jacket, I can't really comment on because of the quality and lighting in the pictures, but they don't seem too bad. Try contacting them. I believe they are suppose to have good customer support. Shoulders on both the shirt and jacket look good to me though.

Last edited:
thanks wj4. i just feel really constricted when i try to move my shoulder for the jacket and i feel like if my shoulders got any bigger it would look very sloppy because the stitching where the sleeves connect to the shoulders is literally on top of my collar bone and not on the deltoid of my shoulder.

(ignore the white marks, mirror is dirty
laugh.gif
)

24dj6et.jpg

2i6o0w.jpg

35bcp07.jpg

the yellow box shows where the stitching that connects the shoulder and arm is, the red circle indicates where my shoulder actually is.

also, the length of the jacket seems too short. it barely covers half of my butt. not sure what the conventional length is but this seems just a tad bit short.

Last edited:
thanks wj4. i just feel really constricted when i try to move my shoulder for the jacket and i feel like if my shoulders got any bigger it would look very sloppy because the stitching where the sleeves connect to the shoulders is literally on top of my collar bone and not on the deltoid of my shoulder.
(ignore the white marks, mirror is dirty :lol: )
[URL=http://i47.tinypic.com/24dj6et.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/24dj6et.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]
[IMG][URL=http://i50.tinypic.com/2i6o0w.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2i6o0w.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]
[IMG][URL=http://i45.tinypic.com/35bcp07.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/35bcp07.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]
the yellow box shows where the stitching that connects the shoulder and arm is, the red circle indicates where my shoulder actually is.

also, the length of the jacket seems too short. it barely covers half of my butt. not sure what the conventional length is but this seems just a tad bit short.
[/quote]
Dress/casual shirts are not going to allow a wide range of motion like a t shirt, but you should also not feel like you are shrink wrapped.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no 'set' length for jacket. If you're 5'5'', a jacket that cover your whole rear will look like it's too big for you. I prefer jacket that covers about 3/4 of my rear. I'm also not that tall, I'm 5'9''.

Just curious, do any of your friends dress in the same manner/fashion as you? I just noticed that my friends dress in wide range of ways from oversized jerseys and jean shorts to street wear to oversized suit jackets, jeans, and square toed shoes. None of my friends really dress similar to me. Also do any of you try to offer help or advice or do you think that will come accross too judgemental or be received in a negative way? I know fashion is subjective but I think we can all agree that there are basic guidelines or "rules" that should be heeded. It is definitely beneficial to be the best dressed person in your group.

Back
Top Bottom