Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Serg: a lot of dudes on here want to be comedians. Kudos to you for being able to put up with high school kids. I knew I was a knuckle head back then. If I can become a professor, I'd do university or 5th grade and under. Middle and high school = kids thinking they're that dude.

Serg: a lot of dudes on here want to be comedians. Kudos to you for being able to put up with high school kids. I knew I was a knuckle head back then. If I can become a professor, I'd do university or 5th grade and under. Middle and high school = kids thinking they're that dude.

It's no big deal, I know they aren't perfect but I made them for my own personal use so it's all good. There's no point to respond back, it just takes away from the actual focus of this thread. At the end of the day, it was because of another member here for why I tried to make my own, and that's the purpose of this thread. I couldn't do elementary or middle school lol. I like high school, I can talk to them like adults and not have to dumb down my language. Here is my WDYWT, something I threw on for my birthday, more on my blog. And as always this is something put together on the cheap side, I think under $75 for everything.

Blazer is olive green with working cuffs from Gap.

Cigar shell cordovan today:
tumblr_m934dvd5sZ1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

@WJ4 & GreyFoxx :wow: that's awesome guys mad props to you all, I know that takes supreme dedication and discipline to slim down like that
And Grey, you can definitely get sleeves slimmed down on dress shirts, and I'm 90% sure you can have the same done for cardigan or sweater sleeves too I imagine that will be an easy fix
i'll be giving it a shot then. i'll post some before and after pics too after i get it tailored.

I'm going to cosign the LL Bean Kathadins. Bought mine a couple years ago and they just keep getting better with time.

I wish I had slim feet :frown:
Different lasts and width shoes can accommodate almost all types of feet. Brands like Alden go up to double E for wideness.

wes: I agree. If there's one pair of casual shoes I recommend under $200, it's the Beans. I have the J. Crew version because I prefer a lighter hue, but same model nonetheless.

Saw these on a post on dappered: http://www.target.com/s/mossimo+corduroy+pants

Seem like they could be affordable, nice pants for the fall...I dunno about the quality of the cords, but the Mossimo tees at Target are pretty nice and I've had some for 2 years now and they still fit really nicely without any wear on them at all

Last edited:
Who's the NTer behind the brand? I think the name is too similar to "Theory", but I'm excited to see the line in its entirety nonetheless. If they make something good, I'm always down to support fellow comrads.

Hey folks I am thinking about opening a Big Cartel or Etsy store for vintage clothing. Does any one have any experience with this? I love to thrift shop (Product of my Granny, RIP) and find some really good things. I hate putting them on eBay though.

Can anybody in here recommend me some nice affordable Allen Edmond wingtips in brown? 

Also I need some schooling on watches, can anyone help me with that?

Sup Thread i need your help.

My uncle is having a 50th Birthday Party soon and as far as attire goes it says "Semi formal black." What would that consist of? The party is from 6pm-midnight if that matters.

Can anybody in here recommend me some nice affordable Allen Edmond wingtips in brown? 

Also I need some schooling on watches, can anyone help me with that?
RE: watches, what's your budget? Some would argue that no timepieces under $5k is worth it. If you want to drop only several hundreds, Seiko is a great choice.

Grizz: I ended up with the brown color. I already have 2 pair of navy shoes.

i love the merona tees from Target. The quality is so good and the sleeves never stretch after a day of wear. really solid material. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a brand of white tees with similar the similar quality. i use hanes but after a few washes they're just not the same.

RE: watches, what's your budget? Some would argue that no timepieces under $5k is worth it. If you want to drop only several hundreds, Seiko is a great choice.
Grizz: I ended up with the brown color. I already have 2 pair of navy shoes.

In the under $1000 category, I would go with Hamilton. I bought mine earlier this year and I haven't taken it off my wrist since. Great every day watch.

h7065510.jpg

hammykhaki.jpg

(pics courtesy of watchuseek forums/google)

Also be aware that just like with other luxury items, things like automatic watches require upkeeping every few years. I'm saving up for a nice graduation/bday/xmas gift for myself. Sad to find out the watch I want has been gradually going up throughout the years :frown: (Rolex GMT II).

Also, it seems J. Crew lets you use the student discount on on sale and 3rd party items now. A couple years ago when I started shopping there, they didn't let me use it on marked down items, or collabs.

Back
Top Bottom