Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Claimed by John (knightlovesqueen)
Can't wait to show you guys the before and after pics. This polish job will be super fun :D

Loafers are actually the same ones from the TSB March Giveaway but in merlot instead of walnut. It's looking like John is gonna claim them. We are negotiating a price currently. Here's the before and after pics from the shine:

Any recommendations for light jeans in this kind of wash?

Please don't say J. Crew 484s :lol:

Loafers are actually the same ones from the TSB March Giveaway but in merlot instead of walnut. It's looking like John is gonna claim them. We are negotiating a price currently. Here's the before and after pics from the shine:

can i send you my shoes? haha. No but really I just got my supplies in from Allen Edmonds so ill be watching your video again and giving it a go. Howd you restore those soles/heels/edges did you just use polish or something else?

So I think i'm finally going to purchase my first suit. Any recommendations? I am looking for navy suit, budget would be no more than 400. I know thats not a lot but I don't want anything crazy right now and after I take it to a tailor I'm sure it will be more. Also I was hoping to find a cotton one since I live down south it is usually hot all year round. I was looking at jcrew but they go up past my budget, was also checking out express.

Last edited:
good job getting a 98 on your exam pinoy732. nice fit too

went to jcrew factory store today. had some good sales.

compared it to the online sale and some items are cheaper online.

went home just with some socks and ties

So I think i'm finally going to purchase my first suit. Any recommendations? I am looking for navy suit, budget would be no more than 400. I know thats not a lot but I don't want anything crazy right now and after I take it to a tailor I'm sure it will be more. Also I was hoping to find a cotton one since I live down south it is usually hot all year round. I was looking at jcrew but they go up past my budget, was also checking out express.

Indochino has a 2 piece navy suit for $379 with a $75 alteration credit. They are wool though...but they aren't a heavy wool either.

I would go with express.Nice starter suit and whole fit could be less than 300.

I saw that one on indochino but I was hesitant after reading some reviews of people who received their suits with completely wrong measurements :lol:

Today:

I joined you guys with the suit :lol:

This was my first suit. Wore this bad boy to like 5 rounds of interviews :pimp:

Last edited:
Today:

I joined you guys with the suit :lol:

This was my first suit. Wore this bad boy to like 5 rounds of interviews :pimp:

I don't have a Glen Plaid suit but definitely want to pick one up, especially after seeing it on you and Adrian. I also love the bucks with it! Will join tomorrow with a suit...

I saw that one on indochino but I was hesitant after reading some reviews of people who received their suits with completely wrong measurements :lol:

Yea I received my jacket and vest way too big but they were great about remaking it. I actually sent them a picture of how I wanted it to fit and they nailed it the second time around...the remake cost me nothing. I would recommend them honestly. Part of the measurements part is taking your measurements properly. I had my wife do mine and well they were off lol.

Last edited:
This is what as me hesitant as well. I thought they had a store in NY.

They have the traveling tailor right now in Pittsburgh. I think they have so many people who have ordered that there is a lot of good reviews and a decent amount of bad reviews. As long as your measurements are done correctly and frankly providing pictures using a well fitting suit or jacket you already have helps tremendously. As I mentioned before I had to have a jacket remade because it was way too big, I adjusted the measurements plus sent them a picture and it came out perfect the second time around. Customer service as great too.

pinoy, can yu post a pic of that suit or different just straight ahead, no angle. i want to see how the shoulders fits and show my brother the perfection of "PINOY732"

I don't have a Glen Plaid suit but definitely want to pick one up, especially after seeing it on you and Adrian. I also love the bucks with it! Will join tomorrow with a suit...
Yea I received my jacket and vest way too big but they were great about remaking it. I actually sent them a picture of how I wanted it to fit and they nailed it the second time around...the remake cost me nothing. I would recommend them honestly. Part of the measurements part is taking your measurements properly. I had my wife do mine and well they were off lol.

good looking man. I might go with them.

Back
Top Bottom