Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This is killing me! I've looked everywhere and can't even find what brand this is. Does anyone have any info on this sweater?

love Pinoy732's suit, thats the exact shade of grey I want for my wedding later this year!

Contemplating taking a road trip to Suit Supply................but cant decide if I could just order something online

RE: Gatsby The Movie. I 100% concur with whoever mentioned that the soundtrack didn't match the film. I, personally, was fan of the wardrobe. While I think most of what Gatsby wore was over the top (and intentionally so) and probably has no place today, I didn't think Nick Carraway's outfits were that ostentatious. Some of Carraway's fits could be pulled off today without appearing as a costume. Overall, I went into the film with no grandiose expectations so I was able to appreciate it for what it was. Definitely would see it if you haven't :pimp:

love Pinoy732's suit, thats the exact shade of grey I want for my wedding later this year!

Contemplating taking a road trip to Suit Supply................but cant decide if I could just order something online

Which one would you be going to and how far is it? Also, which cut are you interested in? While I do love their in-store experience, you should be fine ordering off the site (if you know your correct size) then having your local tailor take care of that. However, as I've always stated, you may see something in-store that isn't online or if your size isn't online, the store could check the inventory at other Suit Supply's in the US for your item.

I found a tailor that charges $5 to taper some pants. I took a few pairs to them over the weekend and should be picking them up tomorrow. Hopefully everything turns out well.

Last edited:
Which one would you be going to and how far is it? Also, which cut are you interested in? While I do love their in-store experience, you should be fine ordering off the site (if you know your correct size) then having your local tailor take care of that. However, as I've always stated, you may see something in-store that isn't online or if your size isn't online, the store could check the inventory at other Suit Supply's in the US for your item.
the closest one is in DC.

No, I have a little trouble figuring out which one is best for me. Im chubby, but not like 300 lbs lol. I love that light grey

No, I have a little trouble figuring out which one is best for me. Im chubby, but not like 300 lbs lol. I love that light grey

Gotcha, that makes sense as your sizing may vary across the different cuts. What's the proximity of the DC store to where you are now (hours)? It may be worth it especially since it is for your wedding.

Gotcha, that makes sense as your sizing may vary across the different cuts. What's the proximity of the DC store to where you are now (hours)? It may be worth it especially since it is for your wedding.
about 5 hours.

But we figure we will just make a short trip of it, check out the sites too

Since you've been in the store, do they pretty much keep all sizes in stock of all cuts of suits?

...I like the perforated cap haha
I feel like it is more useful for casual fits. I see the merit in getting a plain toe though. :\

I like medallions which is why I prefer wingtips over plain toes. I know medallions are suppose to be more casual but I like them more because they seem more formal. Honestly considering keeping the medallion order and then ordering the plain toe in black and brown later this year.

depends on what you want them for. like A said, the medallion toes can be considered more casual while the plain cap toes are much more formal

I want them to war with both suits and chinos and even jeans...

They're both really nice, and honestly there's a fairly small margin between which one I prefer. Serg's style considered, I think the perforated would be better. :smile:

You know me well lol as I am leaning towards the medallion

Go to SuitSupply then, I'm on the heavier side as well and I when I went I actually fit into a 46R which is my usual but when the guy brought out another cut I was a 44S.

FYI: chino is a style. It can come in wool, linen, etc. cotton happens to be most typical. Just saying because I never mentioned cotton chinos :lol:

I dry clean them to: avoid any fading, and prevent any shrinking. I bought a $300 Paul Smith chinos 3 or 4 years ago. Label said dry clean only and I cold washed it. Hung dry to prevent shrinking but it's already shrunk an inch. Ever since then I've been dry cleaning.

Also, not all dry cleaners are equal. Some use harsher chemicals. You can YouTube that up for more info.

Dry cleaning bill at $100 a week is a lot, I cringe at paying $50-60 and that's getting coats dry cleaned. I also think people depend too much on getting everything dry cleaned. I never dry clean my dress shirts, the chemicals are actually worse for the fabric than good, especially if you clean them after every wear. I just throw them in the wash, put them to dry and steam them. A lot of my trousers also I just end up steaming them clean. The Con-Air steamer is the best $50 I spent as I end up steaming most of my stuff that otherwise usually was taken to the cleaners. Steaming takes care of any smell pretty much all the time, if your clothes even smells. I take them to the cleaners if things stain though.

It may be me since I now buy most of my wardrobe online, but time is not really a factor to me. It'll get here when it gets here. USPS has always been good to me, ever since the high school days of shipping out shoes. I'd rather take 3 days for a pair of shoes from England to get to me than get it in 2 days and risk paying $90-120 in custom fees. I digress.

Today:

Shoes and boots that came in:

Meermin's orders have to be signed for and I don't get home until about 7-7:30 at the earliest on a daily basis so signing for a package is pretty much impossible, plus I don't want to go and pick it up at the FedEx because that's just another 30 minutes to my commute home. I usually have my stuff sent to work since I'm there until about 5:30 daily and there is always someone at the office to sign for it (I let them know before I have package coming). With the school year coming to a close in the end of June, I need it as soon as possible so that they don't arrive in July and I'm not there lol

about 5 hours.

But we figure we will just make a short trip of it, check out the sites too

Since you've been in the store, do they pretty much keep all sizes in stock of all cuts of suits?

From what I've seen, yes they do. So even if they don't have the exact suit you want in a certain cut, there will certainly be another color available to try on in order to determine the proper size then they can check the inventory of other stores and online.

Good fit and pics :smokin . Really looks like learning how to hem paid off for you. Are you going to do it, as needed for all your trousers? Do you plan on learning how to do any other alterations?

Sidebar: This weather right now is unbelievable for mid-May. Makes it hard to put an outfit together when we have these drastic temp changes from morning to afternoon high :smh:

It's Brooks Brothers,It's not in the collection though so probably made specifically for Gatsby and not available to the public ...
I had A feeling it was Brooks Brothers. Damn I hope it will available to the public soon.

Last edited:
If anyone was considering the Nike Flyknit Lunar they are on sale at Nike.com $127 plus an additional 20% off with code.

Good fit and pics :smokin . Really looks like learning how to hem paid off for you. Are you going to do it, as needed for all your trousers? Do you plan on learning how to do any other alterations?

Sidebar: This weather right now is unbelievable for mid-May. Makes it hard to put an outfit together when we have these drastic temp changes from morning to afternoon high :smh:

Thank you sir! I finally had some time to take some decent pics, with it being the end of the school year it is difficult since it's grading, making sure everything is in order, dealing with students, etc. Yea the weather is not even funny right now, I put my heat back on, it's mid-freakin May...like really?! I always check the weather for the week when taking everything out on Sunday to steam and hang.

I want to learn how to taper trousers/pants, take in shirt/dart shirts and eventually I want to learn how to shorten sleeves. Thankfully most of the time I just need to hem, it took me a good while to finally figure out a good and sturdy technique for hemming by hand. I want to learn taking in shirts first before tapering to be honest since most of my pants/trousers don't need to be tapered, but a lot of my shirts and my wife's shirts could be taken in or darted.

For reference, this is the first day of college vs my last:

Back when the horsey reigned supreme in my wardrobe.

Even your first day is better than what most would be wearing to their first day of school.

Last edited:
I wish I still had my old myspace active so y'all could see some of the stuff I wore. I always tried to do the whole DB thing but I didn't know much about sizes soooo I'd be wearing some of my dad's XXL shirts and his huge jackets. I was like 6'1 130 all throughout high school. It was horrible. Also went through a hypebeast phase when I wanted to be a skater. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom