Dressing Better Vol 2.0

looking to purchase my first pair of AEs and found a pair of Madison Avenue cap toes at Nordstrom Rack for $220? what you guys think, worth it to purchase? 

i checked online for reviews but can hardly find any. the ones i did find don't seem that favorable among those who purchased.
ohwell.gif

when i tried them on nothing seemed off although they were a bit tight down the sides. is there a break in period? 

any insight would be great! thanks.

looking to purchase my first pair of AEs and found a pair of Madison Avenue cap toes at Nordstrom Rack for $220? what you guys think, worth it to purchase? 

i checked online for reviews but can hardly find any. the ones i did find don't seem that favorable among those who purchased.
ohwell.gif

when i tried them on nothing seemed off although they were a bit tight down the sides. is there a break in period? 

any insight would be great! thanks.
That is not a bad price for a first quality shoe if you like the style.  If it is a 2nd quality, I would get something else, they are having a good sale right now.  As far as the break in, if it does not feel right when trying it on, it is proabably not going to improve much with break in.

Do you guys go sockless on sneakers???

Was thinkin bout doin it with my lowcut chucks.

I have two pairs of low top chucks that have pretty much molded to my feet from wearing them so much during the summer. Just be sure to sprinkle some gold bond in there or get some terry insoles.

That is not a bad price for a first quality shoe if you like the style.  If it is a 2nd quality, I would get something else, they are having a good sale right now.  As far as the break in, if it does not feel right when trying it on, it is proabably not going to improve much with break in.
i do like the style but not necessarily sure if they are 1st or 2nd quality and they did run pretty narrow. is nordstrom rack notorious for getting 2nd's? 

im looking for a black plain or cap toe oxford. you think AE shoe bank you guys have posted might carry something in similar styles?

Last edited:
Do you guys go sockless on sneakers???

Was thinkin bout doin it with my lowcut chucks.
I do with my Vans. Authentics ftw. I bought a pair of the Nike woven mocassins that I need to start wearing with no socks.

Folks didn't eem wanna look your boy in the eye..professor included :pimp:
(lol just messing)

And Duane, suit is the glenplaid photographer from express. They dropped this sucker down to like $110-120 last summer. Had to cop witht he quickness. I've seen it release again this fall....retail running at over $400 for the whole damn thing. :x Glad I copped when I did.

Folks didn't eem wanna look your boy in the eye..professor included
pimp.gif

(lol just messing)

And Duane, suit is the glenplaid photographer from express. They dropped this sucker down to like $110-120 last summer. Had to cop witht he quickness. I've seen it release again this fall....retail running at over $400 for the whole damn thing.
sick.gif
Glad I copped when I did.
hopefully they go on sale again this summer. Real nice fit!

Suits for no reason right?
Wore this to my last undergrad final. Sue me :pimp:

:smokin...fly as hell

And I added your picture to the group blog

suits around $300-$500

With this budget I suggest you go either with Indochino or SuitSupply. Indochino has a 2 piece suit in navy and gray for about $379 and it's made based on a measurement profile you provide plus a $75 alterations credit, $449 for a 3 piece navy or gray. SuitSupply is about $479 for a 2 piece navy suit as well.

Last edited:
My meermin double monks came in this afternoon. The entire ordering process took about a week.I ordered them last Wednesday and received them today. Overall I am satisfied with the quality. I had to pay $26.00 custom fee though :x

Last edited:
Man I JUST got out :rofl: I'm still trying to save
Word!? I thought they'd look at my expiration date and tell me "nope", good to know thanks Wis.
Yup. I was worried too because my MBA ID has the semester I started and you don't need to update it. They don't even care :lol:

long-time lurker making my first contribution-- day off of work...somethin' simple/casual.

jcrew polo
club monaco Davis chino
desert boots with lots of wear
Welcome, man!

It may be the iPhone but you sorta look like Delante West! Hope you enjoy your stay in the thread :smile:

Back
Top Bottom