Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I like DSW water protectant and I use a horse hair brush made by Kiwi to clean them after every wear.
Got the shirts today and honestly disappointed as hell with the fit of the shirts. Fabric and quality of the 3 shirts feels and seems to be really good. Right now I'm just extremely turned off and really rethinking ordering The Daily Hook Up deal. Shirt sleves are 1.5" too short, the shirts are 3-3.5" too short and worse of all, after providing measurements of the chest, stomach and hips, they're 8" too small. Shirts won't even close. I'm posting pics of just one of the shirts, since pretty much all 3 look the same.

wow this is WAY off. are you sure you measured with the right units?
laugh.gif
feel bad that you dropped 200 for shirts that dont fit

sorry if im off topic,but what is a good style to rock an anba jersey?any picks?i was thinking under armour black shortsleeve underneath it.

sorry if im off topic,but what is a good style to rock an anba jersey?any picks?i was thinking under armour black shortsleeve underneath it.

I wear the same same tanks the players wear. I only wear it to games and its been a while, so I dont remember the name. I want say underarmor or some nba licensed tank.

wow this is WAY off. are you sure you measured with the right units? :lol: feel bad that you dropped 200 for shirts that dont fit

Yea I measured right, I even double checked the measurements that I sent them. When I checked what they had under measurements, they literally had measurements that were off by 8 inches in the chest and stomach from what I submitted. Sleeve length was shorter than my input. What it seems they did is they took my height and used it to adjust it to numbers they though fit the average 5'9 guy...well that's why I sent them my info because I'm not the average skinny 5'9 guy. Already put in for a remake and sent them two e-mails to make sure that they know it needs to be increased by 8 inches not the 4 that is the max they allow on their site.

Yea I measured right, I even double checked the measurements that I sent them. When I checked what they had under measurements, they literally had measurements that were off by 8 inches in the chest and stomach from what I submitted. Sleeve length was shorter than my input. What it seems they did is they took my height and used it to adjust it to numbers they though fit the average 5'9 guy...well that's why I sent them my info because I'm not the average skinny 5'9 guy. Already put in for a remake and sent them two e-mails to make sure that they know it needs to be increased by 8 inches not the 4 that is the max they allow on their site.
sorry that you had to go through all that. was their customer service good? are you going to buy the coupon from dailyhookups?

Was this particular wash vanity sized? IE your size 32 was really a 34" waist?
I tried sizing down on denim from APC and Nudie before because I was advised they would stretch..but they never did so I ended up giving those away. With that said, I went true to size. I'm usually a size 30-31, and I went with a 32 on these. The 31 was too tight everywhere.

I like my Toms, but people have told me they're feminine looking the few times Ive worn them. Good thing i didn't get the giraffe print.

xbzb68.jpg

I pin up my own clothes before i go to the Tailors. My tailor is a lil hard headed at times.They will genrally start the taper at the hips. One problem I see with tapering chinos/ jeans is the front and back rise. If its too much. You get this poofy effect around your mid section.
Kinda like this.

THe more the baggy the more it wil cost. You may have to take them in at crotch and in the back. You might as well buy a new pair. Unless they are your favorite.
I notice this allot in this thread.
Ive got a couple of jeans and nice trousers that are baggy and I dont want to throw them out. Im new to the tailoring and alterations thing and wanted to know things like taking the inseam up means they will take out the baggyness. Basically I want to know if they can be made into straight or slim fit. I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren cargos but im assuming the pockets will look weird if they were altered to a slim fit...on to a neverending search of slimfit cargos.

Do you think if i bring a pair of slim straight jeans that fit me nice along with my baggy ones they wiil be able to emulate the fit?

I tried sizing down on denim from APC and Nudie before because I was advised they would stretch..but they never did so I ended up giving those away. With that said, I went true to size. I'm usually a size 30-31, and I went with a 32 on these. The 31 was too tight everywhere.

Are these weird guys or skinny guys? I'm finding their fits to be pretty damn inconsistent between washes.

Nudie has never stretched for me but APC's definitely stretched almost 2" in the waist on my NS. Maybe I should just stick to RRL.

:x Terrible tailoring. You could do that yourself. You aren't supposed to be able to tell that the pants was altered with a decent job.

:lol: thats terrible :x

Just rip it and take it elsewhere. Whenever you take your clothes to the tailor ask them how they plan to do the tailoring.
I went to the shop looking for a guy I heard was pretty good. Turns out the place was under new management and I took a chance leaving my pants with them. Good thing I only had one of them done :smh:

^^^looks good, i was planning on doing the same exact look tomorrow for a wedding, but i hurt my foot running, so i doubt ill be able to stand all day in a pair of shoes....so scrap that, ill do it next week for the other wedding.

another fit i pulled together with the same shirt from the previous one, you really don't need a closet full of clothes, just get pieces that can be versatile, vie worn these pants with shoes, sneakers, to the beach, with tees, polos and dressy shirts, obviously the shirt can be worn just as easy with jeans, shorts or like here with a more summer casual look...i threw on the Toms for laughs, i know how much ya dislike them :lol:

7951155836_049e6776e0_b.jpg
steezy are those gap khakis?

I like my Toms, but people have told me they're feminine looking the few times Ive worn them. Good thing i didn't get the giraffe print.
xbzb68.jpg

i think they are fine for wearing at home or running to the store. Wearing beyond that is a stretch for me. Flip fops are girl to me but I dont wear them outside the shower. That flip flop sound is not right for a man imo. If your comfortable thats all that matters.

Are these weird guys or skinny guys? I'm finding their fits to be pretty damn inconsistent between washes.
Nudie has never stretched for me but APC's definitely stretched almost 2" in the waist on my NS. Maybe I should just stick to RRL.
They're Skinny Guy. I dry cleaned them and dropped them off to be hemmed. My 2nd is pair of Skinny Guy, fit is nearly the same with the two.

RRL is nice, but too pricey. I'm not a big denim junkie so my upper limit is $200.

Ive got a couple of jeans and nice trousers that are baggy and I dont want to throw them out. Im new to the tailoring and alterations thing and wanted to know things like taking the inseam up means they will take out the baggyness. Basically I want to know if they can be made into straight or slim fit. I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren cargos but im assuming the pockets will look weird if they were altered to a slim fit...on to a neverending search of slimfit cargos.
Do you think if i bring a pair of slim straight jeans that fit me nice along with my baggy ones they wiil be able to emulate the fit?

A good tailor could do it. If they are too baggy he will have to do more than just taper them. He may have to take in the crotch and the back. From experience the crotch is the most expensive.

Here are some rules I use to decide to tailor existing pants.

1. If my pants dont stay up without an belt. (This mean I will need to take them up in the back)
2. If my balls can freely dangle. (This means the crotch will have to be taken in)

If one of these conditions exist I abort.

9 times of ten if I have to do one, I will have to the other plus get the legs tapered. That about $60.

RE: Slimming down a pair of pants. If you've lost excessive weight and need to take in the waist by 3+ inches, it's not worth it because the pattern will be thrown off, ie the rear pockets will look to be too close together.

Victorian Era goodness:
tumblr_m4i7coLUWo1rseud7o1_1280.jpg

:x Terrible tailoring. You could do that yourself. You aren't supposed to be able to tell that the pants was altered with a decent job.
i had my apcs tailored. they have those 2 lines too but a little less sloppy. i'll post pics in the morning but im thinking about just taking it out and just tightening my belt really tight.

Hey i just bought a blazer from zara and everything was fitting right as far as length, but when i get home i notice when im trying on the jacket and look in front a mirror the shoulder pads are obvious. They are making my shoulders look very boxy. I work out so the i didn't know if just my shoulders are larger than normal for the size or i just bought the wrong size overall. should i exchange it, just return it or would altering do the trick ?
thanks !!!

Hey i just bought a blazer from zara and everything was fitting right as far as length, but when i get home i notice when im trying on the jacket and look in front a mirror the shoulder pads are obvious. They are making my shoulders look very boxy. I work out so the i didn't know if just my shoulders are larger than normal for the size or i just bought the wrong size overall. should i exchange it, just return it or would altering do the trick ?
thanks !!!

Its too big. Size down. Its boxy cause the pads extend past your shoulder. That indent is a sign that your suit is too big.

You may also need thinner shoulder pads. If i remember correctly Zara suits are RTW. So, tailoring will be difficult if they need extra material.

Try sizing down first and if they still look boxy have this one tailored.

Last edited:
thanks !!!
Try sizing up. If you're a cut up guy, Zara wouldn't be a brand for you. If sizing up doesn't do the trick, you should look at other brands. I had to get their sweaters in a size medium and I'm pretty skinny.

Took a family picture of my Aldens tonight: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma0makGiD01rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Never wore a blazer/sportcoat casually til yesterday. I actually like the overall blazer look a lot. People do look at you different.

Pretty simple fit, I did a double knot after this pic, and added a tie bar. I shoudve thrown on a pocket square but didnt have time. Woudve thrown on a camo pocket square. Coat is just H&M, shoes are Bass, pants are Levi 511 Commuter trousers. Excuse the heavy editing lol.

Oh and the jacket IS a little tight on me, looks too tight if I button it, but im in the process of losing weight still and figured ill fit into it better in a few months.
Damn those are some nice shoes

Back
Top Bottom