Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Those of you that don't dig Toms should at least try a pair on. My girl at the time got me a pair for my birthday, while skeptical at first I loved them after wearing them. They are really comfortable imo. There are also different styles of Toms, not just the model you usually see females wear.

These are the ones I have

Some were saying that TOMS are feminine, but I think they would look great with the outfit below. I'm not sure what shoes he has on, but the profile is very similar to TOMS.
Also I handled TOMS for the first time yesterday, man....they look really inexpensive/easy to make. His profit margin must be sky high even though he does the free pair to people in need deed.
tumblr_m9xkg67oY91qfjc32o1_500.jpg

Outfit looks terrible to me.

Outfit look just okay to me. Something I would wear, but not anything awesome. I feel he needs a belt or suspenders. Also he needs an ironing or a dry cleaning trip for sure

Last edited:
love the Old Navy 30$ camo cargo's :D
7945875218_e1ce68a115_b.jpg
I like the overall outfit. But my only critique of the pants would be the turning in of the pockets. When you taper your pans you give up that inseam and with cargos it looks like your pockets are crooked or turned toward your knees. Unlike those cargos a few pages back. I see you slimming down though. I took everyone's advice and started my routine again. Started up Yoga again as well. I purchased too many fly clothes to let them sit in the closet.

have you ever ordered from indochino? im getting mixed reviews about the quality and fit, even though its custom made:\

I've ordered, well my wife ordered 3 shirts for me and I'm still waiting for them to come in. The good thing is that although I have to buy the deal by tomorrow it doesn't have to be used until the 27th of the month. I should get the shirts by next week and if I don't like the quality or the fit is terrible I'm going request a refund. Either way it's a safe bet.

I like the overall outfit. But my only critique of the pants would be the turning in of the pockets. When you taper your pans you give up that inseam and with cargos it looks like your pockets are crooked or turned toward your knees. Unlike those cargos a few pages back. I see you slimming down though. I took everyone's advice and started my routine again. Started up Yoga again as well. I purchased too many fly clothes to let them sit in the closet.

my man doing lines I tell you. He's too thin now. That aint no subway diet bro.

I've ordered, well my wife ordered 3 shirts for me and I'm still waiting for them to come in. The good thing is that although I have to buy the deal by tomorrow it doesn't have to be used until the 27th of the month. I should get the shirts by next week and if I don't like the quality or the fit is terrible I'm going request a refund. Either way it's a safe bet.
im thinking about pulling the trigger for the offer as well. keep me updated when the shirts come in
smokin.gif

my man doing lines I tell you. He's too thin now. That aint no subway diet bro.

:rofl:

I'm not that thin man....I still weigh 162lbs and plan on keeping it that way, just dropped a few inches on the waist which I'm actually happy about!

Grizzly - I know what you mean bro, in my defense these pants cost me only 30$...slim camo cargos are damb near impossible to find and the ones I found are upwards of 200$+ so although the pockets look odd I'm happy for a pair of 50$ camos...lol

The shirt is Jcrew, bros....off the sales rack 25$ after discount :smile:

im thinking about pulling the trigger for the offer as well. keep me updated when the shirts come in :smokin

So deal actually ends Saturday and it seems like Indochino sent the shirts our earlier than expected and they tried to deliver them today. Hopefully they can leave them tomorrow. I should hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently someone has to be present for delivery so I don't think they'll leave it.

Last edited:
Nah is fine man....I appreciate the critique....what do you guys think looks odd besides the pockets?...maybe I can fix it...

wj4. where did you say you get your chinos from again?
I'm starting to lose weight now and the Milanos are beginning to look more like straight cut than slim.
I would say 80% of my chinos are from Epaulet. Their quality is great, slightly higher than the made in USA stuff from Brooks Bros. The other few are from APC and Rag and Bone.

I like Epaulet because they offer great products at great prices. There is also material behind the waist that can be let out up to 2 inches, which is great...uncommon for chinos. They also have interesting patterns, anything from oxford to heavy duck canvas to wool.

Website is www.epauletshop.com

Short of buying a pair of shoes from Al Bundy, what exactly makes Toms feminine ?

The 1 for 1 deal may be the greatest marketing ploy ever, but it's giving shoes to people who would otherwise go barefoot. I've seen it with my own eyes. That whole concept of what's feminine/fashionable or not isn't even a topic of discussion.

those shoes killed that fit for me, though, I must say wj4.

sarteage04- you recommend any suede cleaner/conditioner ?

Last edited:
I would say 80% of my chinos are from Epaulet. Their quality is great, slightly higher than the made in USA stuff from Brooks Bros. The other few are from APC and Rag and Bone.
I like Epaulet because they offer great products at great prices. There is also material behind the waist that can be let out up to 2 inches, which is great...uncommon for chinos. They also have interesting patterns, anything from oxford to heavy duck canvas to wool.
Website is www.epauletshop.com

Are these from epaulet? I think I'm leaning more towards their trousers than chinos. Wish I could try them both on before buying them

So deal actually ends Saturday and it seems like Indochino sent the shirts our earlier than expected and they tried to deliver them today. Hopefully they can leave them tomorrow. I should hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow.
Edit: Apparently someone has to be present for delivery so I don't think they'll leave it.
yeah i figured they'll need someone there for delivery. i guess i have until tomorrow to decide if i want to get this deal or not. thanks for your help though

Are these from epaulet? I think I'm leaning more towards their trousers than chinos. Wish I could try them both on before buying them
Hey Wes, yes they are. They're the blue oxford chinos...super light material, 6 oz at the heaviest.

If you're an SF member, you can return items within 2 weeks for a refund. They have a lot of great stuff coming out for the Walt Trousers.

Last edited:
Short of buying a pair of shoes from Al Bundy, what exactly makes Toms feminine ?

The 1 for 1 deal may be the greatest marketing ploy ever, but it's giving shoes to people who would otherwise go barefoot. I've seen it with my own eyes. That whole concept of what's feminine/fashionable or not isn't even a topic of discussion.

those shoes killed that fit for me, though, I must say wj4.

sarteage04- you recommend any suede cleaner/conditioner ?
Definitely. The cause is good, but overall a huge marketing tactic. This is why they keep the commercials going and updates on what countries they're currently helping out. Additionally, the shoes are pretty low, at around $50 so people can pull the trigger without really thinking about it. He found a really good niche and capitalized on it. They have fake TOMS now at the swap meets though. I think they're called Thomasos. :lol:

Hey Wes, yes they are. They're the blue oxford chinos...super light material, 6 oz at the heaviest.
If you're an SF member, you can return items within 2 weeks for a refund. They have a lot of great stuff coming out for the Walt Trousers.

Okay I like the fit of those. Did they need any alterations?

Okay I like the fit of those. Did they need any alterations?
I let the waist out an inch and had the inseam hemmed. Standard inseam is 35 or 36" so always need to get that hemmed. 90% of my trousers/chinos are altered one way or another though, I'm pretty picky with how they fit. I'd hem up half an inch or do minute jobs like that.

The material is ideal for only summer/late spring though. It's too light to wear in the cold. They're cooking up wool chinos as well for those who want a lower rise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom