Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Having large quads makes it difficult to not have slacking in pants. :rolleyes

I have a 29 inch waist but need to buy 32s in jeans. In pictures it always looks like my pants are far too big for my body even though they're pretty tight on my legs :smh: So when I size up more it looks even worse...I have skinny calves in comparison to my quads though, so the looseness from the knee down kinda balances it out, but I can never get that "clean" look

Last edited:
You fellas should try MTM pants. Might get a better fit

I just have to do a crapload of tailoring all the time. I don't think I can wear any pants straight off the rack...The constant back and forth to get my clothes altered is pretty irritating but there's nothing else I can do :\ At least for dress trousers, what works for me is getting relaxed fit/loose fit pants in my waist size and then getting them tapered from the knee down. For jeans I can afford to size up alot and have them look a little sloppy since it's a casual look

It's the same with shirts for me. No brand fits me well. Smaller sizes don't fit me in the neck, shoulders, and chest, while the shirts that fit me in those areas are far too big for my midsection.

Last edited:
Shady and Serg, those are both beautiful, can't wait to see more pics

Guys,

What do you guys think is a better option for some brown double monks: Suede or leather? I'm torn between the two but I'm thinking I may go with that brown pair like Serg got.

Guys,

What do you guys think is a better option for some brown double monks: Suede or leather? I'm torn between the two but I'm thinking I may go with that brown pair like Serg got.
Both are as equally versatile. I would opt for leather though since the patina will be nice with time.

Also with shoes like loafers and monks, you may not a perfect fit since there are no laces. If this is the case, look into tongue pads. It worked nicely for me.

Guys,

I think suede looks better and can be worn with more casual outfits as well, but I'm far too paranoid to ever wear a pair based on how much stuff I spill on my shoes on a regular basis :smh:

Last edited:
My J Crew 484 jeans just came in the mail right now...They look nothing like what they did online :smh: Wrangler jeans look better than these.

I still can't find a good pair of lighter wash pair of jeans that doesn't look like it came from a homeless shelter,that doesn't look like something my dad should've thrown out 15 years ago, or that doesn't have obnoxious fades and distressing....

Last edited:
How do you order from the list? The link under style is a dead end for me.
Just call to order, you can call any AE store and tell them the shoe you want.  They will ship free to you.
+1. I called for every order.

Also, here are the seconds I have. So far 3 for 3
smokin.gif

doubt I'll get that lucky with my big *** feet. preciate that bama (booo bama) and pinoy

Last edited:
Guys,

I really like the suede pair but I've wanted a brown leather double monk for a while plus the fact that it's a chocolate brown is a plus as
I only have 1 or 2 pairs in this shade. This in addition to the fact that I have enough brown suede and that suede is inherently considered more casual, I went with brown leather as a result.

I'm on my phone now so can't check but do they come with the show trees?

Adrian what is the name of the pair on the left? The captoe? Those are awesome!

Last edited:
Nt fam

Levi's LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing) Sale at Vente-Privee

Your invite, https://us.venteprivee.com/main/index.html#/signup

Just bought a pair for a cool $55...

OH, I have some great news. For some reason my school has a policy where if you have multiple roommates you get a $150 rebate per person. I have 2 roommates so I just got a check for $300. The new ToJ0 is MINE!

Last edited:
Need some help DB fam...

Do Red Wings fit TTS? Thinking bout getting some and might try eBay. I really like Eastlands too they seem like they would be a lighter option. 

Last edited:
I really like the suede pair but I've wanted a brown leather double monk for a while plus the fact that it's a chocolate brown is a plus as
I only have 1 or 2 pairs in this shade. This in addition to the fact that I have enough brown suede and that suede is inherently considered more casual, I went with brown leather as a result.

I'm on my phone now so can't check but do they come with the show trees?

Adrian what is the name of the pair on the left? The captoe? Those are awesome!

The meermins don't come with shoe trees. Better for us because it will make the package heavier, which means higher customs fees.

Need some help DB fam...

Do Red Wings fit TTS? Thinking bout getting some and might try eBay. I really like Eastlands too they seem like they would be a lighter option. 

Yes, they are TTS. You could comfortably go down .5 too

Serg, those captoes are the Clifton's in dark brown. I got em for that $130 price even without an added sale on the seconds list. Email and check it out!

Serg, those captoes are the Clifton's in dark brown. I got em for that $130 price even without an added sale on the seconds list. Email and check it out!

Great price! Just emailed them as well.

The meermins don't come with shoe trees. Better for us because it will make the package heavier, which means higher customs fees.

True I didn't think of that. Will just have to buy another set at NR when they arrive.

My J Crew 484 jeans just came in the mail right now...They look nothing like what they did online :smh: Wrangler jeans look better than these.

I still can't find a good pair of lighter wash pair of jeans that doesn't look like it came from a homeless shelter,that doesn't look like something my dad should've thrown out 15 years ago, or that doesn't have obnoxious fades and distressing....

Look into RRL. It will be much pricier than J.Crew but RRL typically has better washes and the quality will be much nicer.

what loafers would you guys suggest wearing while around the beach? I'm not talking about actually on the sand but just through bars along the coast, they usually have a pretty casual atmosphere so nothing too dressy. Trying to get my spring/summer wardrobe going
I usually wear boat shoes to the beach/at the bars around. I wear em from late sprint till early fall almost every other day. I have a dark blue pair, and an olive/brown one and they go well with a lot of stuff.

1/2 size or full size down for Clarks Desert Boots (specifically the Beeswax)? Thanks!

Oh, and congrats ksteezy!

^
i would go a half size

IMO full size down. A Size 13 fit like 14, and yes 12 is a little snug, but after getting it worn in a lil bit it'll fit fine.

Kinda off topic but those that orderd the shoes from overseas, how do customs work? I ordered some Royal Blue 1's from AUS and just wanted to know what this meant:

Thanks

Last edited:
Went and tried on that shirt from JCP. Fit wasn't bad, but I didn't really feel like buying anything today. I might go back and get the anorak with this 10 dollar off coupon they mailed my dad

IMO full size down. A Size 13 fit like 14, and yes 12 is a little snug, but after getting it worn in a lil bit it'll fit fine.

Kinda off topic but those that orderd the shoes from overseas, how do customs work? I ordered some Royal Blue 1's from AUS and just wanted to know what this meant:

Thanks
Will prob just sit there for a few days, and then be on its way to you

I like that shirt Wes, how much $25?

Back
Top Bottom