Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I caught some of the All Stars activities tonight and a lot of interesting outfits. They didn't have the audio on at the gym, but the caption was displayed. They were joking on Russell's shirt :lol: "They wrote on his shirt". "It says 'I should've brought another shirt'" :lol:

I did like Russell's outfit tonight, sans the safety goggles. Nick Cannon's jacket was nice too, but his trousers were too loose for a slim fitting jacket. Carmelo's double breasted jacket looked great with a sweater or shirt under. I think LeBron had on leather pants? :lol:

Leather sweat pants apparently.

Melo looked the best, everyone else was looking crazy. Russel had that super loud and busy LV shirt. Did anyone see Darryl Dawkin's suit?

Leather sweat pants apparently.

Melo looked the best, everyone else was looking crazy. Russel had that super loud and busy LV shirt. Did anyone see Darryl Dawkin's suit?
They always clown on my man Craig, the announcer...especially Garnett. But Craig has that swag, man :smokin

Durant's shirt had some studs/jewels on it, looked horrible. A lot of people wearing black.

I'm not a fan of jewelry on men, but Wade pulled it off nicely with what looked like short dukey chains under a blazer.

RLBL pickup today from Marshall's.

Excuse my dirty mirror...maybe I should thrift some Windex...and no this is not a shirt I would wear with it normally, just a mini fit pic...

Samuelsohn tie as well at Nordstrom Rack. Not a great steal, but the tie is such great quality I couldn't pass it up.

Wow...great pick up on the RL! Marshall's carry them now? I will try my luck tomorrow to see what my local Marshall's carry. It seems to fit you nicely as well :smile:

got my trousers back from my guy, i loveeeee how they fit now, you seriously can purchase any type of pants and have them fixed to your liking as long as they fit around the waist....ill be wearing them tonight for my late vday dinner.
Yep. There's been times where I got a pair of pants 1 size up since it was the last one and had the pants re-cut by my tailor.

I visit my tailor almost on a weekly basis. I always find stuff to tweak :lol: Sometimes, it's small things like taper in the area around the calve by .5".

I've always wondered this..if someone on the street approach you and ask if they can take a picture of you because of the dope outfit, would you consent?

WOW at the NBs on J. Crew's site being $150 now! Thinking about getting some comfy cheap sneakers to track around town. I walked like 6-8 blocks today and the feet are kinda barking. Thinking about taking a series of pictures of different parts of L.A. when time permits.

Out tonight for some drinks and saturday shananigans. Kept it simple, knew drinks were going to be spilt. :lol:

UNKNWN x Bathroom mirror

Was going to go with some AE Player's until I saw this. Not about that slip and slide life. :lol:

Last edited:
I've always wondered this..if someone on the street approach you and ask if they can take a picture of you because of the dope outfit, would you consent?

WOW at the NBs on J. Crew's site being $150 now! Thinking about getting some comfy cheap sneakers to track around town. I walked like 6-8 blocks today and the feet are kinda barking. Thinking about taking a series of pictures of different parts of L.A. when time permits.

I see people almost daily that I want to take pictures of. There's a lot of kids on here on campus with GREAT style.

I've had several people ask me before as well, didn't find it weird at all.

hey bros, any of you ever rock any gingham bare? i do know they're rather casual already, but everyone seems to rock a jacket with em. i'm thinking of branching out to some new colors, but i cant seem to find any fits from sf. what do ya think?

Quick question, for suede shoes (Allen Edmonds, lunargrands, etc) what do y'all use to clean them? Just any suede cleaner kit (if so ill just get one off amazon with prime)? Also do y'all spray them with waterproofer or anything before wearing them? Just wanted to know since some leave darker stains on the suede from what I've seen.

Thanks!

Anyone?

UNKNWN, bro...i know its been accepted that you are white (Portuguese) but it still trips me up everytime :wow: :nerd:
anyway, tonight's fit to hit the bar...good looks again Wis:

Last edited:
Quick question, for suede shoes (Allen Edmonds, lunargrands, etc) what do y'all use to clean them? Just any suede cleaner kit (if so ill just get one off amazon with prime)? Also do y'all spray them with waterproofer or anything before wearing them? Just wanted to know since some leave darker stains on the suede from what I've seen.

Thanks!

Anyone?
definitely hit em with a waterproofer spray. i ended up cleaning some sand clarks DBs for a friend with the suede cleaner spray from clarks and it darkened a tad so just do it very sparingly if need be

Thanks!

Anyone?

UNKNWN, bro...i know its been accepted that you are white (Portuguese) but it still trips me up everytime :wow: :nerd:
anyway, tonight's fit to hit the bar...good looks again Wis:

I'm glad it's been accepted fam :lol:

Nice fit Adrian, I like your boys fit as well.

Anyways, sole searchin, I waterproof all of my shoes and I use Kiwi suede cleaner. Works great on everything as long as you're careful.

Last edited:
hey bros, any of you ever rock any gingham bare? i do know they're rather casual already, but everyone seems to rock a jacket with em. i'm thinking of branching out to some new colors, but i cant seem to find any fits from sf. what do ya think?
By bare you mean the shirt by itself? Of course. Gingham is a very versatile print that can be paired with other patterns as well.

Glad to see you're putting the stuff to good use, A!

let me try a different approach... how would you guys dress up a grey houndstooth blazer?

this one specifically

1564417400_1_1_1.jpg

And is this a better looking color (brown houndstooth as opposed to blue)

6107452710_1_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Good info for those looking for a modern suit:

Some of a causal look:

Wj4 & Pinoy, what happened with the DB blog idea?

How do  you guys feel about incorporating waxed denim with your fits?

I only wear my teal and white gingham shirt like once a year and usually without a jacket. My sister always says it looks like a picnic table cover :\. I still need to add a navy/white or black/navy one.

let me try a different approach... how would you guys dress up a grey houndstooth blazer?

this one specifically

Dress up? Throw on a pair of dress trousers and balmoral shoes/boots. Perhaps neckwear and a pocket square as well.

Grey and blue are staple colors, not to say brown isn't versatile.

this one specifically

You can never go wrong with some dark denim or khakis. You can almost wear anything with grey, it's really hard to mess up.

You already see the increase in non-regulars inquiring since he posted about figuring out a way to disseminate them? :lol:

very true, definitely just take those whom have shown interest to you via PM or something and are regulars.

I definitely have a couple of posts to put up, pretty traveling or preparing to travel from Friday until last night.

There's a common theme here.....

479x636px-LL-6c06e6bf_ScreenShot2013-02-15at3.47.14PM_original.png

Michael Jordan is the perfect example of how money can not buy you style. My principal, who makes at least twice my salary, has finally started to get into more modern fit suits, but still are 1-2 sizes too big. Still most of the stuff he wears is choppa suit status and he's still on that square toe shoe phase.

Also, ksteezy and every J.Crew fan, Esquire has a GREAT article on J. Crew's menswear line and how they pretty much have helped in the menswear movement. The best part is the pictures featured in the article were just of random people who were walking by one of the NYC stores who were asked do you happen to be wearing any J. Crew...a lot of them were.

Today:

RE: Group blog, if someone else can jump into the captain's chair, that'd be great. The team members are not all confirmed yet at the moment.

Also, I think it's about time for a new challenge. Starting tomorrow...how do you all feel about doing a layering challenge? Work with any patterns or textures you want, to gain the most participation possible.

Back
Top Bottom