Dressing Better Vol 2.0

three ways to wear some white pants :D

keeping sneakers in the rotation

actually got this Paul Stuart jacket at a thrift store by my job for 10$, fits me small, cant really button it, but i think i can get away with it in the summer...lol

finally got my three ways to wear outfits in...sorry no DSLR like Elkin though :rolleyes
my take on a navy suit.
1. Trousers only
2. Full suit
3. Jacket only

No. Leg opening at 14" is the overall diameter. It's the same as 7" because when we took those measurements, we only measured one side of the pants where as the 14" accounts for both sides. By the leg opening, it should be a relatively slim fitting chino. There's no rule to cuffing jeans and chinos really, some prefer stacks with cuffing and some don't. Go with what you like.

thanks wj4 and NikeAF1 for the reply.....the pants ended up selling out! lol ah well....i gotta work on my understanding of measurements!

ksteezy and pinoy....awesome! :pimp: :nthat: :smokin

Last edited:
Nice fits Steezy and Adrian

Need some help guys.  I am going to Vegas for a week at the end of March.  This is my first time traveling since I started dressing better.

How should I pack?  What type of clothes should I bring?  How many pairs of shoes?  I don't want to trash the AE, so should I buy some beaters to take?

Any tips on gambling, shopping, food, sights, shows, etc. is appreciated.  I will also be checking out the vegas thread.

Last edited:
Adrian's transformation is too much. That one pic was dated 2010!!

Also, Nii had a major transformation as well. I guess sneakers brought most, if not all, of us to NT and since we were younger, it makes sense we dressed like that. I'll have to find son before an after pics

Adrian's transformation is too much. That one pic was dated 2010!!

Also, Nii had a major transformation as well. I guess sneakers brought most, if not all, of us to NT and since we were younger, it makes sense we dressed like that. I'll have to find son before an after pics
lol 2007 fambs (weird camera date) but still, i appreciate the love guys

sorry for three posts in a row but i just had to say this. so glad i found that second's list when i did. the promotion ran only until the 3rd and priced my shoes at $129.50 and $117. Respectively the prices for those models are back up to $279 and $250.
Swagger on a hunnit thousand trillion :pimp:

Need some help guys.  I am going to Vegas for a week at the end of March.  This is my first time traveling since I started dressing better.

How should I pack?  What type of clothes should I bring?  How many pairs of shoes?  I don't want to trash the AE, so should I buy some beaters to take?

Any tips on gambling, shopping, food, sights, shows, etc. is appreciated.  I will also be checking out the vegas thread.
Ok. Gambling first. Decide how much you are willing to play. Place it in your left pocket. Any winnings go in your right pocket. Once you run out of cash in your left, your done. Cash out and take your money.

2 pairs of dark denim, they can be worn multiple days without anyone noticing.
2 polo shirts, it may be hot and you can dress down if needed
3 dress shirts, 1 white, 2 of your choice
1 dark navy or charcoal suit.
1 navy blazer (not needed if you choose a navy suit, just wear the jacket)
Throw in trunks, casual shorts, and a couple of tees
1 pair of dark brown or black shoes for the club and dinner. (The Stafford wingtips might be a good pickup for this trip or smilar)
1 pair of versatile sneakers, i.e. Jack Purcell’s

Ok. Gambling first. Decide how much you are willing to play. Place it in your left pocket. Any winnings go in your right pocket. Once you run out of cash in your left, your done. Cash out and take your money.

2 pairs of dark denim, they can be worn multiple days without anyone noticing.
2 polo shirts, it may be hot and you can dress down if needed
3 dress shirts, 1 white, 2 of your choice
1 dark navy or charcoal suit.
1 navy blazer (not needed if you choose a navy suit, just wear the jacket)
Throw in trunks, casual shorts, and a couple of tees
1 pair of dark brown or black shoes for the club and dinner. (The Stafford wingtips might be a good pickup for this trip or smilar)
1 pair of versatile sneakers, i.e. Jack Purcell’s
Great list man, thank you.  And I am pretty thrifty so I should be able to hold off on gambling too much
laugh.gif

trying to cop a suit...

can i get a slim fitting suit for less than 3hunna?

also... i have a career fair next week...

should i rock a suit... or a shirt, tie, and a RL half zip sweater...?

Bama- ill make a little list later or ill PM you.

Ricky- you can get a decent suit for $300 at Nordstrom Rack, I have a CK suit that I bought for about $175 (sale). Granted tailoring, pushed it near $300. Are they the best, no, serviceable, yes. Also, I'm a fan of Banana Republic suits, and can usually be had from $150-200 if you stack your coupons right. Again this isn't factoring tailoring.

trying to cop a suit...

Had mine today and yes I say suit. There were some people in just a shirt and tie, but that doesn't look very professional to me.

Going to follow up with a recruiter tomorrow and he's showing me around the new campus they just built :pimp:

trying to cop a suit...

You can get a suit for 300$ I just don't know how well fitting it'll be OTR

As far as what you should wear?...well that's all on you bro, first and foremost dress for yourself, but know that a suit will make you stand out in a positive way, not only a suit but a well fitting one...at the end of the day I'm sure people are gonna be on their Choppa suit steez and no one will really care as long as they have dress shoes, a shirt and tie...so like I said, dress for yourself and how you want to perceive yourself.

The way I would pack for Vegas would be

-two suits
-4 shirts
-2 polos
-2 pairs of jeans
-1 pair of low profile kicks
-1 pair of shoes
-buy some Hanes 5 pack vnecks
-pair of cargo shorts
-1 pair of regular shorts

Flip flop between pieces, kind of how we doing with this challenge :lol:

You can wear the suit jacket with a polo shirt and the jeans, Full on suit, button downs sleeves rolled up with cargos, tee and shorts, tee and jeans, the combinations are plenty.

Back
Top Bottom