Dressing Better Vol 2.0

That suit looks amazing wj4!

I usually stick to converse when I wear sneakers but I had a lot of walking to do today so I deciding to wear my NB. I was also inspired by Ksteezy's post on his lightwash denim to wear mine. Mine are levis 513s i got on sale for $20 a little while back.
Info on/pics of this sweater? Looks
pimp.gif

Today:

Same cardigan for the last two days:

My boss was asking me why am I wearing the same cardigan all week long
laugh.gif
I told her it was for a challenge.

Wj4, your shoe game is sick...I must say, I am fond of your collection

anyone have any suggestions on brands that make leather duffle bags for reasonable prices ? or is it impossible to get one for somewhat cheap. (

I really hope the weather is nice tomorrow. I've been wanting to wear this sportcoat without an overcoat around campus for the longest.....
eyes.gif

Btw, i'm going for more of a casual look....tapered jeans, no tie, etc. Any tips for button ups, shoe combos, hats, things like that?? I need to scan back past these throwback pics to find some good ideas 
laugh.gif

:nerd:

Navy Suede Players today

Who takes your pics, dude? Auto timer as well? :lol:

i know this thread moves fast...quoting myself :nerd:

Also...i'm looking at some GSTAR chinos...can ANYONE tell me how this fits as far as the taper/slim part of the leg? :nerd:
•Rise: 10", leg opening: 14½", inseam: 31¼" (taken from a size 32)

BTW, these pics are HILARIOUS! evolution is a beautiful thing :pimp:
When you talk about cuffing...are you referring to dress trousers or chinos/jeans?

Btw, i'm going for more of a casual look....tapered jeans, no tie, etc. Any tips for button ups, shoe combos, hats, things like that?? I need to scan back past these throwback pics to find some good ideas 
laugh.gif
Hat...fedora or paperboy cap would be cool. Shirt should be easy, as long as you tuck it in.

Dapper it up with a pocket square and you will be golden.

I'm curious to see other members' spin on this.

I came up with an idea of doing the best buys for the fall/winter:

When you talk about cuffing...are you referring to dress trousers or chinos/jeans?

thanks for the reply...
in regards to cuffing.....i'm referring to chinos/jeans. is there a general rule of thumb on cuffing or just all personal preference?

as for the measurements, i was trying to get an idea of the taper on the gstar bronson slim chino. there was talk a few pages back about 7" and 7.5" leg opening.

so is this chino wider at the leg because it's 14''?

Measurements:
Outseam: 41 in
Inseam: 32 in
Front Rise: 10 in
Back Rise: 15 in
Leg Opening: 14 in

thanks for the reply...
in regards to cuffing.....i'm referring to chinos/jeans. is there a general rule of thumb on cuffing or just all personal preference?

as for the measurements, i was trying to get an idea of the taper on the gstar bronson slim chino. there was talk a few pages back about 7" and 7.5" leg opening.

Measurements:

Being that they're slim chinos and not bell-bottoms.... Looks like they just doubled the hem measurement. So it looks like they should be 7" across the hem/leg opening

Last edited:
Attention good people out in NYC. I need these.  They said the shoe released on February 6 at Cole Haan SoHo in New York, and was retail for $298 USD.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I don't think they take orders over the phone. I will be making it out to NYC in the next couple of months. DB NYC, I need a huge favor....Size 11...Someone help me out.[/font]

Last edited:
Man I've been lurking the hell out of this thread.

I turn 28 in a few months and I don't know if it's just me getting older but sneaks just don't peak my interest anymore like they used to. I work for Nike so I can't usually justify buying "dresswear" because my uniform is to be athletic or athletic inspired.

My bigger problem is its almost impossible to buy off the rack. I'm 6'1, 210, 17 x 36/37, sz 14 & honestly don't know my pant size cause it's always odd looking. I know the tips on how shirts/jackets should fit but I'm very muscular so I assume I'll have to get everything tailored but it seems pricey to get every piece custom fit. Thrifting doesn't seem logical because of my build either.

I'm guessing I'll just have to go very slowly about building up my DB wardrobe with custom pieces. I just got some tan Cole Haan chukkas before I lost my discount so those will be my casual go to. I need to know if these Cole Haan's are a wise buy though

img20130205102238.jpg

They're $130, retail 250. Good quality IMO but I don't want to cop if I would be better off just saving to get some AE for my first quality pair. Granted I'm used to crappy Kenneth Cole or whatever Ross/Marshall 's had in my size. I also think maybe they're not dark enough and I should get a deeper Brown to start off with. I'd like top start with a navy suit and orange tie which I think the tan works but if I also get a light gray suit it probably needs a deep brown or black

I appreciate the hell out of this thread and everyone's insight. And just a disclaimer I do take screenshots of clean fits that fall in line with my style goals, dunno if it's creepy or not

Last edited:
thanks for the reply...

Measurements:
No. Leg opening at 14" is the overall diameter. It's the same as 7" because when we took those measurements, we only measured one side of the pants where as the 14" accounts for both sides. By the leg opening, it should be a relatively slim fitting chino. There's no rule to cuffing jeans and chinos really, some prefer stacks with cuffing and some don't. Go with what you like.

Being that they're slim chinos and not bell-bottoms.... Looks like they just doubled the hem measurement. So it looks like they should be 7" across the hem/leg opening
Ahh, you beat me to it! :smile:

No one will ever top Adrian :lol: :wow: Dang, man...good job!

Back
Top Bottom