Dressing Better Vol 2.0

To my Chicago NTers, I'll be there for a work training this week and I want to find a blazer for NYE. I'll be shopping on the Mag Mile.

With that said any suggestions for stores I should check out. Price range $150 or less 
eyes.gif
2 H&M's, Topman, and Zara all on Michigan Avenue.

Another H&M on State St.

laugh.gif
lol good looks my dude. I'll definitely be hitting Zaras. I guess I'll inevitably run into H&M too.

To my Chicago NTers, I'll be there for a work training this week and I want to find a blazer for NYE. I'll be shopping on the Mag Mile.

With that said any suggestions for stores I should check out. Price range $150 or less :rolleyes

2 H
lol good looks my dude. I'll definitely be hitting Zaras. I guess I'll inevitably run into H&M too.

Who do work for? I work on Michigan and Randolph and live about 5 mins away

Saw a few MMM pieces today. Quality and fit were :smokin but they didn't carry any footwear. Anyone know how the GATs fit?

I work for the American Cancer Society. Just started working in an office in Champaign about 3 months ago. New hire training for all Illinois employees is held at the corporate office in the Chi.

Saw a few MMM pieces today. Quality and fit were :smokin but they didn't carry any footwear. Anyone know how the GATs fit?
They fit true to size. I take a size 42 (9 US), which is the same size as my Nikes.

^funny cuz i sized down to a 42 and they fit me well. im a 10 in most nikes
Hmm competition for the same size :nerd: :lol: jk

The only brand I size down for is Lanvin. I tried a 41 in the Margielas and it was a bit too snug for me.

Another denim challenge entry. Rocked this on my way to Boston for the weekend. Easily my new favorite blazer too.

Last edited:
^funny cuz i sized down to a 42 and they fit me well. im a 10 in most nikes
Hmm competition for the same size :nerd: :lol: jk

The only brand I size down for is Lanvin. I tried a 41 in the Margielas and it was a bit too snug for me.

I'm usually 11 in Nikes, most shoes, and on the Brannock device. I sized down to a 10 in Lanvin, I read most people size down 2 but I tried a 9 and it was really uncomfortable. The 10 is a little loose but I'll just use an insole. Wish the made 1/2 sizes.

I'm guessing I should be fine with a 44?

Another denim challenge entry. Rocked this on my way to Boston for the weekend. Easily my new favorite blazer too.
Looks good, Pinoy. I don't know why your picture reminds me of J. Crew. With that said, I stopped by the new Men's shop that they opened up in L.A. There's a promo of free haircut and/or shave. Guys were lined up like crazy. The store was OK at best, no Aldens or anything. The old store was a 2 story set up with women's on the first floor, and men's on the second floor. The only reason I can think of for doing this is because they want to expand both stories for women's.

I think I would die in the Boston/NYC winter. I actually had a thought recently about moving to Boston too :lol:

I'm usually 11 in Nikes, most shoes, and on the Brannock device. I sized down to a 10 in Lanvin, I read most people size down 2 but I tried a 9 and it was really uncomfortable. The 10 is a little loose but I'll just use an insole. Wish the made 1/2 sizes.
I'm guessing I should be fine with a 44?
Someone signal RFX to come through and offer advice.

I wear a 7 UK in Lanvin, which is a bit loose still. A 6 UK was way too tight though.

Denim Entry: Forgot to take picture of the top, it was just a gray shawl neck sweater with a white button down,

Last edited:
Looks good, Pinoy. I don't know why your picture reminds me of J. Crew. With that said, I stopped by the new Men's shop that they opened up in L.A. There's a promo of free haircut and/or shave. Guys were lined up like crazy. The store was OK at best, no Aldens or anything. The old store was a 2 story set up with women's on the first floor, and men's on the second floor. The only reason I can think of for doing this is because they want to expand both stories for women's.
I think I would die in the Boston/NYC winter. I actually had a thought recently about moving to Boston too :lol:

Or you would your see your closet expand lol. I got my shoe trees from Jos A Bank today, they are very nice but a bit wide in the front, nonetheless they get the job done.

Last edited:
it was actually pretty warm for this time of year. mid 40s even at night, but it was raining.

Wis and Pinoy, very dope fits.
Wis, your fit reminded me of my go to attire :lol: only difference is darker jeans and a tie. Pinoy, i really enjoy the gloves in the pocket. Gotta eventually pick some up for the winter.

also thanks for everyones input for the blazer. for $29 and some change, figured why not. i see myself getting plenty use out of it this season and will hold me over until i decide to get a nicer tweed thats more of a brown hue.

Wis and Pinoy, very dope fits.
Wis, your fit reminded me of my go to attire :lol: only difference is darker jeans and a tie. Pinoy, i really enjoy the gloves in the pocket. Gotta eventually pick some up for the winter.
also thanks for everyones input for the blazer. for $29 and some change, figured why not. i see myself getting plenty use out of it this season and will hold me over until i decide to get a nicer tweed thats more of a brown hue.
:lol: I'm sure you'll get your money's worth from the blazer, man. I had several H&M pieces that I wore to my former employer. I threw them out when they ripped since I had to do manual labor at times.

TypeR: Mid 40s Fahrenheit = end of the world weather, man. :lol:

^no lie i saw people wearing shorts up there this weekend lol
Yeah, man. I have coworkers from the east coast, and they were wearing summer gear. They laughed at me for doing a sweater under a dress shirt, with a bigger jacket over that in the mid 50s Fahrenheit weather :lol:

You should come to Southern CA...one drop of rain = madness AKA people driving at 20 MPH on freeways.

finally got around to trying on a ludlow blazer -- fits awesome, but the length is a few inches too long.. has anyone ever got that that tailored on a blazer? seems like it would be pretty difficult / pricy.

Yeah, man. I have coworkers from the east coast, and they were wearing summer gear. They laughed at me for doing a sweater under a dress shirt, with a bigger jacket over that in the mid 50s Fahrenheit weather :lol:
You should come to Southern CA...one drop of rain = madness AKA people driving at 20 MPH on freeways.

I have to admit being from Southern CA the first year in NYC, even dipping into the 50s and 60s, which was common, I brought out the heavy coats. Definitely got used to it after that year. Summer gear definitely comes out on a low 70 high 60s day now lol. I don't bring out the coats now until it dips under 40.

they come in short as well
i know -- that's what i had on
ohwell.gif

With that said any suggestions for stores I should check out. Price range $150 or less 
eyes.gif
there's tons of places around that area -- although, $150 for a blazer practically only leaves you with two options: h&m & topshop.

check out haberdash on ohio/state, it's only a block west of the magnificent mile -- cool dudes in there & they have nice pieces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom