Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ Are you near a SuitSupply?
They also do alterations like tapering, etc.

If not, a regular tailor can do it.
He/she will tell you to put on the pants and will pin you up to how you want it tapered.

You guys ever taper any of your suit pants? I bought a suit from suit supply and had the pants hemmed, but I’m thinking about taking them to my tailor and have her tapering them just a little.

I had a dream last night that I was at suit supply and the guy was looking at me like I was crazy for asking about such a thing :lol:
i always get them tapered
i usually do a slight taper as the first alteration then taper a little more after the first fitting

don't worry about it. suitsupply actually heavily endorses the borderline excessive tapering look
if you look at all the people working there, thats usually what the go for.

^ Are you near a SuitSupply?
They also do alterations like tapering, etc.

If not, a regular tailor can do it.
He/she will tell you to put on the pants and will pin you up to how you want it tapered.

Yeah I’m near a suit supply, but I already had them altered (hemmed) and they seem a little short. My tailor has to un-hem them anyways to taper them, so hopefully she’ll get the right length

i always get them tapered
i usually do a slight taper as the first alteration then taper a little more after the first fitting

don't worry about it. suitsupply actually heavily endorses the borderline excessive tapering look
if you look at all the people working there, thats usually what the go for.

Thank you for the replies

I love the suit and shoes recommended by this thread. Going to look :smokin at the wedding

Was just about to chime in, but looks like you have your answers.

Always end up getting my pants from Indochino tapered.

Going to Vegas in a few weeks. What are some good fit ideas to wear to a club out there? Haven’t been in years and from the looks guys are wearing whatever they want.

Going to Vegas in a few weeks. What are some good fit ideas to wear to a club out there? Haven’t been in years and from the looks guys are wearing whatever they want.
Fantastic question! I am clueless as to what dudes are rocking to the clubs in Vegas nowadays.

Fantastic question! I am clueless as to what dudes are rocking to the clubs in Vegas nowadays.
Yes last I went was in my mid 20s I’m now 30 and is clueless what to wear lol. Tried looking on ig and see a lot of dudes in tees compared to slacks and a button up like I last went.

There is the older crowd that will wear the button up shirts with the cuff of the sleeve rolled up and jeans.
Younger crowd who will wear floral print shirts, slim or skinny fit pants that are cropped at the ankle and wear loafers, 'dress' tennis shoes

The general rules of dress code still apply in Vegas but they are more relaxed in what they will or won't allow. Last time I wore polos, short sleeve button downs, skinny jeans or skinny chinos. I had some slip on Gucci tennis shoes and Toms.

257C03B5-C77E-441E-8749-B31432C8E618.jpeg Anyone have these?

There is the older crowd that will wear the button up shirts with the cuff of the sleeve rolled up and jeans.
Younger crowd who will wear floral print shirts, slim or skinny fit pants that are cropped at the ankle and wear loafers, 'dress' tennis shoes

The general rules of dress code still apply in Vegas but they are more relaxed in what they will or won't allow. Last time I wore polos, short sleeve button downs, skinny jeans or skinny chinos. I had some slip on Gucci tennis shoes and Toms.
Nice any recommendations where to shop for some solid short sleeve shirts. Pushing 110 degrees

During the brief amount of time I spent outside I was wearing simple blk or white Nike Dri-Fit shirts. For me recently, surprisingly a good amount of my short sleeve button ups have been coming from American Eagle and Hollister.
Now that I think of it one of my favorite shirts to wear as of recently especially when it has been hot outside is the Nike Short Sleeve Yoga Training Top. Liked the first color I got and ended up going back and getting a few more colors. Super light weight and will wick sweat away.

https://www.nike.com/t/dri-fit-mens-short-sleeve-yoga-training-top-9xblnJ/AJ8796-100?nikemt=true&cp=71606177307_search_|PRODUCT_GROUP|GOOGLE|71700000041489779|All_X_X_X_X-Device_X_Nike-FullPrice_X||c&gclid=Cj0KCQjws7TqBRDgARIsAAHLHP4x5B4v1_WnAK1IUIweCCFKc5MkaP5mU178W3IF_BjOWzQAuTgThqYaAnS9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wait he’s still talking about Vegas clubs/nice restaurant/lounges.. you recommending Nike dri fit? Vegas is full of AC.. I wore long sleeve button ups back in May. Couple nights w a tee out to dinner and drinks. Cosmo, Mandalay Bay, etc.

Looking for advice on Uniqlo- I am looking for some sweaters for work to wear over a collar. Should I go with Medium or Large? I am 6'1 ~180. I wear a 15.5 dress shirt for reference.

Was in town for a work thing like a year or two ago. Wore jeans and a buttonup to Hakkasan.

Fitted jeans and a black tee with flat bottomed shoes like vans

Idk if you can do the t-shirt inside the club but I would definitely do
Chelseas, jeans, short sleeve button up.
I remember I saw a kid trying to get in with High top Arenas, jeans, and a Tee. He kept trying to tell the security “but these are BALENCIAGAS!!!”

Looking for advice on Uniqlo- I am looking for some sweaters for work to wear over a collar. Should I go with Medium or Large? I am 6'1 ~180. I wear a 15.5 dress shirt for reference.

i'd suggest you go by their size chart, **** is pretty damn accurate.

Was in Vegas this time last year.. hit multiple clubs wearing just a plain tee, dark denim, sneakers (common projects, Margielas). Security def seemed to be more lax as opposed to previous.

Back
Top Bottom