Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How tapered are banana republic tapered pants? Needing some new chinos/dress pants and that 40% off is a nice price

The taper on the slim fits are decent. Probably 7-8”. I took to tailor to take down to 6 or so.

Last edited:
Anyone have any recommendations for a top coat? Not trying to spend an obscene amount either like a sub 250 number.

Dang you like a a few weeks late bro. Most places have ditched their coat sales for the new spring garb.

I suppose you can check J.Crew if they have anything left in your size. There were def options in your price range when they would run an extra 30-40% off the sale section.

Navy suede chelseas from Saks (https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/mai...llection&N=4294911849+306418205&bmUID=lIgzSqr)

Keep or nah?

IMG_5037.JPG

^ Good points.

I wear my burgundy/maroon suede Clarks DBs almost everyday.
My typical fit is black jacket + black tee + black denim.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with those to be honest. They aren’t going to be as versatile as a black, brown or tan but you can definitely wear those a lot though.

Wearing these Nudies have been 9 years in the making... I bought a pair from Self Edge in late 2008. I returned those and was issued a gift card, but I sat on that until 2013. I finally bought these pictured in 2013 had the tapered, but was too fat to fit in them lol. I popped the tags today and it feels GLORIOUS. Never give up!

7248E146-3F8E-44C0-8B30-AEC64D63428E.jpeg

Wearing these Nudies have been 9 years in the making... I bought a pair from Self Edge in late 2008. I returned those and was issued a gift card, but I sat on that until 2013. I finally bought these pictured in 2013 had the tapered, but was too fat to fit in them lol. I popped the tags today and it feels GLORIOUS. Never give up!

7248E146-3F8E-44C0-8B30-AEC64D63428E.jpeg

Smelling great and looking better! Congrats Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme

So, 3 of my SuitSupply suits are falling apart. 2 of which have barely been worn. I am annoyed.

I will be emailing them later today.

On two of the suits, the pants came apart on one of the hip seams and on another suit, it started to come apart on the end of the sleeve. On top of that, one of the pairs of pants somehow got a hole in the posterior area. Of the three suits one has been worn for a little over a year, on average once every two weeks. Another has been worn ten times since October. The last one has been worn less than 5 times since October as well.

I will be emailing them later today.

On two of the suits, the pants came apart on one of the hip seams and on another suit, it started to come apart on the end of the sleeve. On top of that, one of the pairs of pants somehow got a hole in the posterior area. Of the three suits one has been worn for a little over a year, on average once every two weeks. Another has been worn ten times since October. The last one has been worn less than 5 times since October as well.

Terrible. I would not stop correspondence with them until you get replacement or full refund. You'd be surprised with what you get if you just ask.

Last edited:
Yeah, I want to remedy the situation in some way. Honestly, I am dissatisfied and disappointed. Not only because I had to spend money to repair the suits, but also because now I am not sure if I will purchase from them in the future. Which is upsetting because I am a big fan of the brand. I am that guy that tells all of my friends, and everyone that compliments my suits (which a lot do), to purchase a SuitSupply suit :smh:

Yeah, I want to remedy the situation in some way. Honestly, I am dissatisfied and disappointed. Not only because I had to spend money to repair the suits, but also because now I am not sure if I will purchase from them in the future. Which is upsetting because I am a big fan of the brand. I am that guy that tells all of my friends, and everyone that compliments my suits (which a lot do), to purchase a SuitSupply suit :smh:
Feel your pain bro.

I would def try to get them to refund you for the amount you paid for repairs.

AND

Get them to refund the suit price.

If not...take it to social media and tag them. See how fast they hit you up to remediate the situation.

@imreallydirknowitzki definitely contact them. I've personally seen them give free suits to a customer who said he didn't like the quality of a suit he purchased from 2 years ago. It was clear as day that he wore it every day too.

Don't give up, they value customer service more than anything else (at least the NYC location does).

Thanks for the input y'all! I appreciate it. I'll let you know what happens.

Anybody have the dark grey Napoli from suit supply? Or any dark grey I guess from suit supply? Trying to gauge just how dark it is.

Back
Top Bottom