Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have one in each slot and my insurance card and an emergency hundo in the middle. Any more than that and it will stretch out dramatically
This. 2 years on mine and some stretching but no rips. Had to retire mine and use the louis bi-fold. Any tips on getting the leather back to what it was? I've heard of soaking and leaving it in the sun but then i'd have to treat the leather. 
how many cards we talkin
Don't put more than 1 card in each slot. i had 2 in each and now when i put 1 card in, it slip out. 

Last edited:
Just booked a spot in Barcelona for my birthday week in July.

Please tell me where to splurge on clothing. Is there a Meermin in Barcelona?
nerd.gif

Last edited:

Please tell me where to splurge on clothing. Is there a Meermin in Barcelona?:nerd:  
Meermin is only in Madrid. While there is a handful of high end shops, I found shopping in Barcelona lackluster.

Just get your fill of tapas and call it a day b.

Yea Barcelona is for the beaches, tapas, paella, women, and clubs. Also, it's ok to buy the beer the guys on the street are selling you :lol:

Looked around but the shopping there is very meh.

Any suggestions for modern chinos? I tried on Zara chinos and they look like paint on me and I don't even have massive legs.

Any suggestions for modern chinos? I tried on Zara chinos and they look like paint on me and I don't even have massive legs.

I just got some slim fit chinos from the Grana clearance sale, and I like their fit on me. I have big calves, but they're not suffocating my legs.

Just got confirmation today of my first position where I have to wear a suit daily. Right now I have about 2 suits but am going to buy 2 more next week with a budget of about $400 ($200 each after tailoring) any suggestions on stores besides the obvious Macy's? I have gained a bit of weight I was thinking of starting somewhere like DXL however the manager hinted at me I should hit the gym which is across the street a bit more so I will heed that warning. I am tired of getting suits from K&G (never really had to wear a suit but once a year prior). I think I want to max out at about 6 or 7 suits in the first 6 months. Any tips from guys that wear suits daily? Also should I get a suit dedicated suit hanger for my room and car? What are some daily habits you guys follow? 

Thanks in Advance reps handed out to those who can help. 

I wear suits 4 days a week.

As you already have 2 suits, frankly take the $400 and purchase 1 good quality suit (not Jos A Bank, Express, Men's. Wearhouse) and get it tailored. If you size correctly it'll be minimal alterations but yes it will put you slightly above your budget. My Blue Plain Napoli is worn weekly, at least for the past 2 years and it has held up incredibly well. The fabrics SS uses are well known from quality mills.

Tips:
1. Frankly, you don't need 6 or 7 suits. I don't know what the other 2 you have in your rotation but a Navy, dark gray and light gray suit are enough to take you through the week for the most part.
2. Your shirt and tie rotation/combos will give life to those 3 suits. Stick to basic colors first, white, light blue, lavender, white/blue check or stripe. Ties, 5-6 of them can make multiple outfits. Make sure they're versatile enough to go with any of the shirts above. Navy, brown, dark green ties (solid, with white polka dots, striped, etc.) work with all those options.
3. Proper shoes are a must.
4. Do NOT dry clean after every wear. Dry clean only when visibly dirty or they start to smell. Especially on cheaper (Express) suits, they start to bubble after repeated dry cleaning.
5. Make sure it fits properly and that it's tailored properly.
6. Wooden wide shoulder hangers.
7. Air them out for 15-20 minutes before you hang it back in your closet.

Im 5'7", 34 in pants. I usually get slim fit. When asking for a taper should it be from the calves down or knee down? And do you ask for a certain size leg opening at the cuff? What break do you guys usually do? Sz10 in shoes if it matters.

Im 5'7", 34 in pants. I usually get slim fit. When asking for a taper should it be from the calves down or knee down? And do you ask for a certain size leg opening at the cuff? What break do you guys usually do? Sz10 in shoes if it matters.

Find a leg opening you're comfortable with and works for your body size. I taper from the knee down assuming I'm happy with the thigh width. The break depends; for me, on the weight of the fabric, the fabric, etc. I like my chinos with little to no break, at times about 1/4" above the ankle. Suit trousers with a slight to no break depending on wether I cuff them or not.

I know a lot of us in here prefer a 6.5 inch leg opening.

Please tell me where to splurge on clothing. Is there a Meermin in Barcelona?:nerd:  
Meermin is only in Madrid. While there is a handful of high end shops, I found shopping in Barcelona lackluster.

That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the heads up. I'll just pick up a Goyard wallet and spend all my time on the beach.:lol:

Sidenote: I've been wearing Gap 1969 skinnys for years. I'm a creature of habit.

Mad I waited so long to grab a pair of 484s. Haven had many other jeans as well fitting and comfortable.

Last edited:
That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the heads up. I'll just pick up a Goyard wallet and spend all my time on the beach.:lol:

Sidenote: I've been wearing Gap 1969 skinnys for years. I'm a creature of habit.

Mad I waited so long to grab a pair of 484s. Haven had many other jeans as well fitting and comfortable.
Gap jeans are nice but if you want to step your game up grab a pair of Paige Lenox jeans. Those bad boys are mad comfy. They are the ultra boost of jeans. Regularly $200'ish but they are on sale at Nordstrom's right now for $125. You can rep me later.

Last edited:

No Goyard in barca either.

Pics of the Meermin shoes?

I'm late with the reply. Shoes aren't DS. I've worn them a couple times but here are the pics anyway.

Leather is still stiff but breaking these in shouldn't be a problem.

Getting a pair of the double monks next.

I copped the chestnut belt when I picked up their chestnut double monk straps. It's a beautiful belt. The color obviously matches perfectly, but the quality isn't the best. I've owned mine for just under a couple of years now and I'm in need of a replacement.

That's a shame to hear especially with the cost of the belt.
I'm getting one for the copper antique above. Going to try and make it last a while.

Back
Top Bottom