Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Ordered the Sand chelseas from NR last Friday, shipped Monday and not expected to get to me until this upcoming Monday. Just hoping they fit, I'm generally a 12.5-13 in Nike's and about a 46.5 euro so figured I'd try the 12 and pray they're not too snug.

My NR's are suppose to arrive on Saturday after getting shipped last Tuesday (slowest shipping ever).

Curious, did you guy treat these before wearing?

Yeah, their shipping is absolute trash. FedEx smart post :x

Pleased with my greys though.

You got personal pics of the grey chelseas, fam?

Thanks

@Slighted

Compared to CPs

On feet with 5.75" Acnes

Last edited:
Planned on wearing NR to beat around but I honestly enjoy them too much. Will be treated with the same care as my SLP.

A snuff color on the other hand would be used well for upcoming travel this year (provided it is in the works) :D

Anything special as far as precautions you take with your SLP's? I'm going to pull the trigger on some NR and I try to treat all my things the same regardless of cost, wondering if there is anything special you do (suede protector, etc.)

https://www.jcrew.com/p/F4171

j crew has this really nice fisherman plaid shirt that I bought for $30 when you use their code SHOPNOW.

Been wanting this for a long time but it was like $80 so i just waited till the price dropped. just wanted to share.

Ordered the Sand chelseas from NR last Friday, shipped Monday and not expected to get to me until this upcoming Monday. Just hoping they fit, I'm generally a 12.5-13 in Nike's and about a 46.5 euro so figured I'd try the 12 and pray they're not too snug.
I've repeatedly told people over and over tts and buy your sneaker size

You might have played yourself b

Hope it works out

Nah he'll be fine. I wear a 13-14 in Nikes and the 12 was fine and I have a wide foot as well.

Planned on wearing NR to beat around but I honestly enjoy them too much. Will be treated with the same care as my SLP.

A snuff color on the other hand would be used well for upcoming travel this year (provided it is in the works) :D

Anything special as far as precautions you take with your SLP's? I'm going to pull the trigger on some NR and I try to treat all my things the same regardless of cost, wondering if there is anything special you do (suede protector, etc.)
Suede protector and general consciousness

Don't over think it.

You like this stuff compared to other products? Do you use it on sneakers as well? I haven't been waterproofing any my shoes lately but I have a few pairs I want to do. How many pairs will one can cover?
i used the nano or the melatonian spray on all my slp's and they have worked well.  that saphir bottle is very expensive i would compare ingredients to see if it's really worth it. 

nano spray works well with sneakers too cause it's not for just leather but other materials. i have used it on my boosts and primeknit/ flyknit sneakers and it does really well

also combat boots take a long time to break in especially the all leather ones (military experience).  i always suggest that its better to wear combat boots with a little space and buy the special boot socks that are really thick because it can be very painful.

Last edited:
You like this stuff compared to other products? Do you use it on sneakers as well? I haven't been waterproofing any my shoes lately but I have a few pairs I want to do. How many pairs will one can cover?
i used the nano or the melatonian spray on all my slp's and they have worked well.  that saphir bottle is very expensive i would compare ingredients to see if it's really worth it. 
nano spray works well with sneakers too cause it's not for just leather but other materials. i have used it on my boosts and primeknit/ flyknit sneakers and it does really well

also combat boots take a long time to break in especially the all leather ones (military experience).  i always suggest that its better to wear combat boots with a little space and buy the special boot socks that are really thick because it can be very painful.

Yeah I messed up on the sizing of the boots and I'll never find the deal I got them for again :\ Oh well.

I bought it because I know how good the rest of the Saphir products are (polish, conditioning creams etc) for my dress shoes and boots. I have only sprayed my suede CPs so far and my Tom Ford boots. I'll post an update after wearing them more frequently but I'm sure they will be better protected with the spray applied.

Dude...do you read the other posts at all? BlackChiney8 just suggested a Saphir protector.

I usually do man, my apologies. It was early and I was just skimming before I went to work. I saw my question quoted by pinoy732 pinoy732 and that's the only one I read before leaving...

Last edited:
Nah he'll be fine. I wear a 13-14 in Nikes and the 12 was fine and I have a wide foot as well.

Got em in today and the 12 is perfect :pimp: shoutout to whoever posted that CP comparison vid and pushed me to pull the trigger

I paid $200 flat for my CP chelseas. I have a pair of NRs and can say easily I would buy the one CP over two NRs lol.

$200 is a great deal for the CPs but honestly I won't wear em enough to need to spend double what I did. I guess I'm entry level but I'm plenty satisfied with the purchase.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a officers coat or topcoat with brass buttons size medium $300-$400 ?

Last edited:
I paid $200 flat for my CP chelseas. I have a pair of NRs and can say easily I would buy the one CP over two NRs lol.
How are you comparing severely below retail on an obviously higher quality product ?

Given the price point and decent construction, NR is a good option for those trying to be a touch thrifty while still have a fair boot.

How are you comparing severely below retail on an obviously higher quality product ?

Given the price point and decent construction, NR is a good option for those trying to be a touch thrifty while still have a fair boot.
Fair and valid point.

Back
Top Bottom