Dressing Better Vol 2.0

they are what they are - a retailer who sells final sale type of products they receive from a variety of labels. agree with above - if you know what you need in terms of sizing, you can get some steals. but their customer service is pretty terrible.
This is all true.

Got hit with custom fees from FedEx after purchasing something from End. 160+ dollars
sick.gif
Couldn't you break up your purchase across multiple orders?

And pay shipping per order? :lol:

An extra $12 sure beats $160 from customs fees tho...

End has been nothing but great for me, super fast shipping, easy customer service, just gotta know to keep your order under $200 or you run the risk of a customs fee

Frye is an underrated boot maker

If i were to buy chelseas it would be their brand.

Theyre more rugged....like old western villain type vibe.

I got an email recently from Gilt saying they got acquired by the parent company of SAKS. They have plans to allow purchases made on gilt to be returned to saks off 5th b&m locations.

Sure:

The Havana is Linen. (been eyeing a BB Rust sport coat for a while but it never got on enough sale to my liking)

Other recent cops...

Drake's Grenadine Tie in Burnt Orange Pindot
RL Black Label Navy Tuxedo (been wanting a clean navy tux w/ shawl collars for a while...missed out when it was on sale, then my size came back in stock!)
Topman Harris Tweed Blazer
Topman Harris Tweed Gloves
Uniqlo Heathered Grey Blazer (wanted a nice casual unstructured cotton one)
Uniqlo Breton Tee (actually pretty nice quality here)

*Also sorry, meant SS and FW as in the seasons in my original reply

Great haul man!

What tie widths do you guys usually aim for? I inherited a bunch of old Brooks + RL ties from pops and they're all around 3.5". I'm a short dude, so wide ties are a no go and I hate skinny ties, so that's also a no go.

I'll be wearing suits everyday at my new gig. Thanks to Adrian for the Conrad Wu recommendation (a bit too expensive for my blood though).

3-3.5", need another 1-2 3.5" for sure.

50% off at jcrew factory clearance with code SALETIME. anyone have any experience with their FACTORY DRIGGS SUMMERWEIGHT CHINO? supposed to be their slimmest fit so not sure if i should size up for it

Last edited:
50% off at jcrew factory clearance with code SALETIME. anyone have any experience with their FACTORY DRIGGS SUMMERWEIGHT CHINO? supposed to be their slimmest fit so not sure if i should size up for it

Its their slimmest fit but it would not warrant sizing up. The waste would be the same as normal jcrew vanity sizing.

Last edited:

Its their slimmest fit but it would not warrant sizing up. The waste would be the same as normal jcrew vanity sizing.
what about sizing through the thigh though? reviews said the crotch area can get quite tight 
laugh.gif

How often do the big discounts come around on the Allen Edmonds seconds? I know they aren't crazy anymore like 2 for $200 or whatever it was :lol:, but there are a few styles I was looking at.

Need to cop a couple pairs of Park Ave's.

Last edited:
How often do the big discounts come around on the Allen Edmonds seconds? I know they aren't crazy anymore like 2 for $200 or whatever it was :lol:, but there are a few styles I was looking at.

Need to cop a couple pairs of Park Ave's.
No such thing as "big" discounts anymore. Allen Edmonds are nothing to write home about. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for any of them. I had about 4 pairs. A couple from the 2/$200 sale and a couple directly from AE themselves. At the $200-300 mark, you have a lot of other brands ie Loake1880 line, Meermin, etc.

Speaking of which, I wore these today for the second time. They should be around $250 to USA. Loake 1880 line, last is sleek enough, made in England, Goodyear lasted.

No such thing as "big" discounts anymore. Allen Edmonds are nothing to write home about. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for any of them. I had about 4 pairs. A couple from the 2/$200 sale and a couple directly from AE themselves. At the $200-300 mark, you have a lot of other brands ie Loake1880 line, Meermin, etc.

Speaking of which, I wore these today for the second time. They should be around $250 to USA. Loake 1880 line, last is sleek enough, made in England, Goodyear lasted.

Thanks Wis.

How much should I expect to pay for Park Ave's? I would go with Meermin, but I've heard the shipping is slow and I need a new pair within a week.

Back
Top Bottom