Dressing Better Vol 2.0

NYC weather dropping nicely

Breaking out the fall jackets :smokin

Just copped this for $30

Im gonna get flamed 4 dis but imho.

Chicago >>> NY.

Im not from either but been to both alot.

But yea....winter is layering stunting season lol

Im gonna get flamed 4 dis but imho.

Chicago >>> NY.

Im not from either but been to both alot.

But yea....winter is layering stunting season lol

I've lived in Chicago for 17 years now. And I have to say you'd deserve to get flamed for that. Chicago does nothing but take Ls all day.

9% tax on Cloud based services like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-you-ll-be-paying-a--netflix-tax--soon-161951515.html

Chicago sales tax now increased to 10.25. It was already the largest in the country at 9.25
https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...5.2647j1j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

Chicago prices getting close to bay area prices

By many different calculations it is now in the top 10 most expensive cities in the world. This place has it listed as 7th with LA at 13th :smh:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-chicago-expensive-city-0918-biz-20150917-story.html

They shut down 54 schools in 2013 and the number of schools shutting down keeps increasing
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago-board-of-ed-votes-to-shut-down-50-schools/

1p per ounce soft drink tax:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-politics/7/71/833227/cardenas-revives-tax-sugary-drinks

Only now STARTING to build a hospital in the south side with a trauma center so people dont have to die of gunshot wounds while they are being driven all the way to the northside to get the treatment they need. (You have no idea how long they have protested this school to build a trauma center, but I understand why the school wouldnt build it. Its ****** up but I understand)
http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/trauma/

:x Bay area prices for a city that is far more dangerous than the Bay (save for oakland), NYC, and LA. With far ****tier schools and winter that seems to average 10 degrees less than NYC (but with a whole lot less snow).

I cant wait till I am out of here.

Last edited:
Imho chicago

Has friendlier cats
Friendlier cats
Better food (come at me)
Better art and architecture
A "beach" thats clean
Better stores
Better atmosphere

I would live there b4 ny

Damn son. Tell us how you really feel

Didnt even mention how nothing releases here (except once in a blue moon). If a limited shoe comes out with 5k units. 3500 goes to NYC. 1450 to all of Cali. Chicago might have the last 50 pairs. But we might have to split that allocation with Houston.

Conservative midwestern chicks :x Can't remember off the top of my head but on average Chicagoans have 7 partners in their life, San Franciscoans have close to 20. NYC somewhere in between but closer to SF than it is to Chicago.

Everytime I go to NYC "Yo I like your style", "I like your accent, where are you from", "How long are you gonna be in town". One of the few times I have ever experienced culture shock. Like girls can hit on people...... like out in the open...... they are just cool with that? ******* awesome!

Why you still here?

Sweet home Chicago man.

Im working on moving. Within the next 3-5 years depending on which way my career unfolds.

If it wasnt for student loans I would already be in NYC. In the meanwhile I might have to move to LA, where it's cheap. But who wants to deal with that **** traffic?

Last edited:
Imho chicago

Has friendlier cats
Friendlier cats
A "beach" thats clean

No arguing that. These are all facts

Better food (come at me)
Better atmosphere

Up for debate. I can see why people would think that. Both have great places to eat and objectively speaking are on the same level when it comes to food. It comes down to personal preference.

Better stores

No. Besides RSVP Gallery and St Alfreds what do we have that NYC doesnt either have the same exact store, or a better equivalent.

Last edited:
Man i go to chicago cuz i got alotta friends who go to SAIC.

And i LOVE it there.

I dunno it mite b just me bit i like the whole vibe there.
hot dogs>>>>>>>>>
Beer>>>>>>>>>>>
Etc

China town...same dishes cost 20 bux cost 50 in ny.

Im from the south and chicago imo has a more southern hospitality type of welcomeness that i really like.

Last edited:
Dog ive met sum bad freaky hipster chicks in chicago.

All dem festivals yall b havin

Thread derail tho.

ima pm u next time i go there famb.

Last edited:
Dog ive met sum bad freaky hipster chicks in chicago.

All dem festivals yall b havin

Threae derail tho.

ima pm u next time i go there famb.

That's why Chicagoans have the most satisfying sex lives, even with the low partner count (according to that same study that I cant find) :wink:

Im done. Thread has been derailed enough.

Last edited:
In terms of SF vs LA...

Girls are wayyyyy badder in LA.
Cheaper in LA.
Better weather.

So glad I made the move here.

Conservative midwestern chicks
sick.gif
Can't remember off the top of my head but on average Chicagoans have 7 partners in their life, San Franciscoans have close to 20. NYC somewhere in between but closer to SF than it is to Chicago.

If it wasnt for student loans I would already be in NYC. In the meanwhile I might have to move to LA, where it's cheap. But who wants to deal with that **** traffic?
That first statement is both a curse (being on that Bachelor status) and a blessing (about to pop that Q), haha! But I feel you though because it's kinda tough to navigate. 

Traffic in L.A. truly isn't that bad. Yea, it can be horrible at 2PM on a Tuesday. But it's mainly on the freeways and in and around downtown. I'm also not saying it's Oklahhoma City, but it's manageable and it's not horrific 24hrs a day. I'm originally from Charlotte, so the traffic patterns aren't that much different than what i've been use to most of my adult life living in CLT. 

Traffic on the westside is pretty bad, definitely awful in the mornings. Takes me 45 mins to go 8 miles.

SM is expensive, but I live 12 blocks from the beach.

Imho chicago

Has friendlier cats
Friendlier cats
Better food (come at me)
A "beach" thats clean
Better stores
Better atmosphere

I would live there b4 ny

I love my city and this is subjective I know but I couldn't disagree with this more. Especially on the stores. We don't have much of anything here.

Back
Top Bottom