Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Funny, I wore my MAB suit today for my daughter's first birthday photo session with Elkin. Glad he was taken care of.

30+ yo folks in here? I feel like a kid at 23.
laugh.gif

Glad I went through multiple phases from 18-21yo:

1.) Sup x APC x Vans

2.) Flannels x Black Acne Max x Clarks DBs

3.) Looser fits (EG / Nepenthes inspired)

4.) Menswear / suits (kudos to @wj4 inspiration)

5.) Now simple fits with quality pieces (heavy wool jackets, darker colors, clean tailoring, no more skinny fits) -- I could never pull off SL stuff like @Pinoy732

Last edited:
30+ yo folks in here? I feel like a kid at 23. :lol:

Glad I went through multiple phases from 18-21yo:

1.) Sup x APC x Vans
2.) Flannels x Black Acne Max x Clarks DBs
3.) Looser fits (EG / Nepenthes inspired)
4.) Menswear / suits (kudos to @wj4
inspiration)
5.) Now simple fits with quality pieces (heavy wool jackets, darker colors, clean tailoring, no more skinny fits) -- I could never pull off SL stuff like @Pinoy732
Bro. I was dating a 22 yr old not too long ago so you're alright :lol:

You're the same age as Adrian but probably a lot less annoying.

Our styles are always evolving even though it may be on a very minute scale.

Elkin done traded the suits in for toys. RIP :frown:

Wis bouta catch these manos in MIA

bet yall money he doesn't disrespect in person.
What happened to the polite undergrad kid who was happy with Express suits and thrifting?

Bring ya MMA gloves, b. I'm going to come out of retirement for couple rounds :lol: I hope I can still find the gear.

Thread got weird again.
This thread was never normal to start off with, man :lol:

To those interested in ordering SEF boots, I would suggest doing it now or as soon as possible. Note that I have no ties with the company nor do I know their whole business plan. This is just my 2 cents based on my personal experience and knowledge.

The previous runs were smooth, shoes received within a month of ordering. Details are amazing, from the boxing and personal note. The guy is a one man show. He answers all the emails. He used to reply daily when I hit him up 5 weeks ago to inquire about the cropped Jodphur boots. I emailed him again since it's been a month and no word. Took him couple days to reply, not mad at that...but this is the first batch. Once people get them in, pics go up, even more people will order. And when new colors become available, more will even order. He's already off by a week or so with the first batch. If he can't scale his production, wait time is going to increase. Even if he can scale his production, I think the prices will go up slowly. He found a nice niche, making high quality boots at 1/5 or so the price of SLP or whatever and rely on boards like KTT/SF/NT to market.

waiting on the grey chelseas to be available, last i read it was scheduled for late october?

this thread has a real sense of community/shared interest, all the others are a mess (probably due to the nature of sneaker collecting). i owe an introduction/beer to @pinoy732 since i flaked on the last attempt

Bro. I'm grabbing my homie from 30th this Saturday morning.

link move? I might be back in Philly that night too.

This thread was never normal to start off with, man
laugh.gif

To those interested in ordering SEF boots, I would suggest doing it now or as soon as possible. Note that I have no ties with the company nor do I know their whole business plan. This is just my 2 cents based on my personal experience and knowledge.

The previous runs were smooth, shoes received within a month of ordering. Details are amazing, from the boxing and personal note. The guy is a one man show. He answers all the emails. He used to reply daily when I hit him up 5 weeks ago to inquire about the cropped Jodphur boots. I emailed him again since it's been a month and no word. Took him couple days to reply, not mad at that...but this is the first batch. Once people get them in, pics go up, even more people will order. And when new colors become available, more will even order. He's already off by a week or so with the first batch. If he can't scale his production, wait time is going to increase. Even if he can scale his production, I think the prices will go up slowly. He found a nice niche, making high quality boots at 1/5 or so the price of SLP or whatever and rely on boards like KTT/SF/NT to market.
Funny you said this, I got this email today from him that I sent on Monday:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back.

The August 14  batch is currently being shipped out. Including yours.

You will receive a delivery confirmation e-mail with tracking and shipping details once it has been dispatched. The latest this Friday.

Sorry for the 3-5 days delay.

Best, Lian

I see you posting that same hot take on style forum wis.

Awaring people to the NT secret society.

It's too bad people can't recognize when they have a good thing going for them (ie. these boots being offered for a massive discount over what they could retail for).

When it comes to manufacturing, delays are inevitable. Sending a bunch of emails isn't going to result in things moving any quicker. I'm not even sure why people are emailing in the first place, given that he explicitly said lead times would be about a month from production and right now we're exactly one month out.

The people that are continuously harassing Lian (not saying you are Wis) are the reason prices will soon increase. I'm sure his production is completely scalable but having to reply to a dozen emails from the same people wanting to change their orders, request that the package be marked as a gift, etc... that unfortunately is not. Hiring support staff is not cheap, nor is it easy given they are the first lines of communication between the customer and the company and you need to make damn sure they're sipping on the company Kool Aid.

Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
People are cautious with their money. They just want to make sure everything is gravy. With everything there will be annoying customers.

It's too bad people can't recognize when they have a good thing going for them (ie. these boots being offered for a massive discount over what they could retail for).

When it comes to manufacturing, delays are inevitable. Sending a bunch of emails isn't going to result in things moving any quicker. I'm not even sure why people are emailing in the first place, given that he explicitly said lead times would be about a month from production and right now we're exactly one month out.

The people that are continuously harassing Lian (not saying you are Wis) are the reason prices will soon increase. I'm sure his production is completely scalable but having to reply to a dozen emails from the same people wanting to change their orders, request that the package be marked as a gift, etc... that unfortunately is not. Hiring support staff is not cheap, nor is it easy given they are the first lines of communication between the customer and the company and you need to make damn sure they're sipping on the company Kool Aid.

Enjoy it while you can.
QFT

since these tan chelsea boots. their have been no smooth deliveries.

those extra couple of days are worth it though.

some of y'all are mad impatient.

best part is we gonna see these complaints again in a couple of months when we all cop some grep boots (side zip or chelsea lol)

Enjoy it while you can.

QFT

since these tan chelsea boots. their have been no smooth deliveries.

those extra couple of days are worth it though.

some of y'all are mad impatient.

best part is we gonna see these complaints again in a couple of months when we all cop some grep boots (side zip or chelsea lol)

Word. Just forget about your order for a month. He'll email you once they've shipped. This is why we can't have nice things. Y'all gotta take the bullying out of this thread and start bullying Lian, bullies.

Side note I just sold my SEF Chelsea's last week for $250 shipped. Basically got my money back so I was happy. Guy that bought them was ecstatic when he received the package.

Word. Just forget about your order for a month. He'll email you once they've shipped. This is why we can't have nice things. Y'all gotta take the bullying out of this thread and start bullying Lian, bullies.

Side note I just sold my SEF Chelsea's last week for $250 shipped. Basically got my money back so I was happy. Guy that bought them was ecstatic when he received the package.
what are sef boots and where do we order them from?

Back
Top Bottom