Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It's not that bad, you get room to layer with a thick hoodie or sweater. 52 probably would be best for you. I think the 50 would've been too tight for you.

The varsity looks fine to me. The only thing that bugs me is the sleeves are too long, halfway down to your knuckles. The body is not supposed to be a slim/tight fit and how it fit you is how it is supposed to fit.

If for what ever reason a suit is required then it is ok to wear one. Now there is a major difference  between wearing a "normal" suit or blatantly tryng to look like a hipster. Pinoy falls in  the latter category.  Clearly everyone who says his style is unique has never picked up an  atrocious fashion magazine where the people looked like walking gimmicks. Clearly his oufit or the way he constructed it looks like it came from a hipster magazine.

I don't even know why people are still saying pinoy732s fit is formal like he is wearing a full on suit, it isn't at all. Just because you wear a blazer doesn't mean it is formal and he is wearing it with jeans and brown wingtips(?) that you would not consider wearing with a suit at all. Some of you guys really need to get out more and you guys say we are the close-minded ones?

I really am done with this part of the discussion because it just makes no sense why people can't accept that a) his fit is pretty damn casual (formal is with a suit or tux and you wouldn't be caught in a business meeting or job interview wearing jeans) and b) not everyone has to conform to what you feel or see as the norm. Who gives a damn if 99% of the people in your college class wears sweats, if dude wants to wear a blazer with his jeans, no one is going to give a damn except him.

Again, that clothes is pretty casual, I wouldn't even call that semi-formal at all. Just because you aren't wearing jeans and tee or sweats and hoody doesn't automatically make it formal.

After trying it on again my TOJ is not that bad. Peps here at work say it looks fine.
What do you guys think?
Sorry for the bad pics Im at work.

Overall, I think the fit is fine especially if you are going to layer a bit. I would have sized down one but the one you have could definitely work. How does it look zipped all the way up?

Assume your wearing a sweater, nice fit, but I wouldn't cuff the jeans with VIs. I honestly think VI look better with the jeans covering it.

Just because you aren't wearing jeans and tee or sweats and hoody doesn't automatically make it formal.
We were undergrads once, RFX. The uniform was grey hoody/sweater and basketball shorts AKA I just woke up and made it to class barely in time look.

Great mix of colors there. Loving the top down effect of denim softening the tone of the plaid, and the plaid lending itself to the Khaki, down to the contrast of the Black and White kicks.

Nice look right there.

Thanks, bro. However, the shoes are navy blue... lol

** assignments will go out tonight.
Current participants are:
KSteezy
sarteaga0408
sreezy36
marmourjr
ReturnBama
LyonBC1
Grizzlyboy
I will PM everyone tonight. My wife is pulling names just to be fair.

Still waiting on that PM...

I'm gonna be a pain in the *** again but what's the point of this pic?
I just don't see how it belongs in here and not WDYWT and generally, you're showing the lower half of yourself + an area rug.
Whats wrong with the picture? He posted hes wearing a sneaker/jeans/jordans.

How could that not be WDYWT? Because he didn't post himself wearing his face? I see enough of the sweater to deem it ok and the rest seems simple and fine. What more do you need to see?

Whats wrong with the picture? He posted hes wearing a sneaker/jeans/jordans.

How could that not be WDYWT? Because he didn't post himself wearing his face? I see enough of the sweater to deem it ok and the rest seems simple and fine. What more do you need to see?

Son, you just can't help yourself...

Astronaut has posted some really nice fits, I think if we were able to see a bit more of the sweater it'll be nice...the jeans seem cool brand?...I like the cuff...I always cut my jeans at least once

So in order to be in this thread....you need paper boy hat, lenseless prescription glasses, slim wool ties, cardigan, table cloth button up, flat front khakis from jcrew clearance for 15 dollars, clarks desert boots or wingtips or allen edmonds, a briefcase with nothing in it/man purse.....

have all that while being an unemployed college student....but take pictures in nyc...especially around wall street....to seem important...

so those are qualifications for this thread?

that is in essence dressing better?

To the dude calling out people....for wearing hoodies, sweats, sneakers, t-shirts, baggy jeans, chancletas.....name names...you leave too much to speculation...call people out...stop being so subliminal about it...

"it's that nt'ers are so used to __insert collegeiate school___ hoodie and sandals and sweat pants"
"nt'ers can't dress...they were white tees, jeans and sneakers from outlets"

who are you talking about? come on...who?

Now you are just trollin, trying desperately to mess up the quality of a useful, helpful thread.

So in order to be in this thread....you need paper boy hat, lenseless prescription glasses, slim wool ties, cardigan, table cloth button up, flat front khakis from jcrew clearance for 15 dollars, clarks desert boots or wingtips or allen edmonds, a briefcase with nothing in it/man purse.....

have all that while being an unemployed college student....but take pictures in nyc...especially around wall street....to seem important...

so those are qualifications for this thread?

that is in essence dressing better?

To the dude calling out people....for wearing hoodies, sweats, sneakers, t-shirts, baggy jeans, chancletas.....name names...you leave too much to speculation...call people out...stop being so subliminal about it...

"it's that nt'ers are so used to __insert collegeiate school___ hoodie and sandals and sweat pants"
"nt'ers can't dress...they were white tees, jeans and sneakers from outlets"

who are you talking about? come on...who?

What the hell are you on?

No qualifications needed, you just don't grasp the concept that it is one fit discussion and we are simply saying he wants to dress that way so let him. No one is stopping you from posting your fit even if you are in you're in a cowboy outfit. You just want people to agree you too much, like if we disagree you go on this rants.

No one said dress up like pinoy732 to be in the thread, people are just saying it's his choice but you just keep saying "he dresses like a professor or a grandpa!!!"

Again no requirements or qualification to post, you're just making up stuff no one said just to cause trouble.

And get over it, dude wears glasses because he can't see. He wears glasses in all his fits, it isn't lenseless.

In an attempt to avoid this nonsense...
I know some of you guys are interested in varsity jackets.
I posted the Reason varsity jacket a while back. They just posted their look book today. I can take a pic of myself wearing it or take measurements if you guys are interested. I have grey wool and black sleeves.
Possible to get a link? Been looking for a varisty jacket thats mainly just black though.

http://www.reasonclothing.com/item/blackblack-alma-mater-varsity
I'm at work so can't post a pic of me wearing it right now. Worn it for a year now. It's held up great except I lost one of the lower buttons.
Thats actually just what I was looking for. However, its way out my price range. Hopefully Topman or Riverisland gets something similar for a fairly reasonable price I can afford. Thanks very much though, that site has some nice pieces I might cop.

See this is how this thread should be used, to help each other. Dude just helped me find a new spot to find nice clothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom