Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I threw a couple more items, mostly new with tag J. Crew stuff, online today. If anyone from here wants to cop, I'll do the best I can. I'm probably making less than $5 profit on them, if at all. Just wanna see if I can get rid of them.

Appreciate the cats on here who already copped stuff by the way :pimp:

http://www.grailed.com/users/myitems/6556-wisith

Marc New York Dave Fur Collar Down Bomber Jacket

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on this tomorrow at that sale price. In need of a winter jacket.

Thoughts?

And info on those boots Chopper Chopper :nerd: .

Last edited:
already asked, but anyone know of any cheaper alternatives for a boot that looks like this?
these are yukuten

So far I've found these http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/brown-vibram-sole-camp-boot
and these http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+stonington+1955+camp+moc+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn
http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+kennebunk+usa+ankle+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

but I've read about some quality issues for the pair in the first link. anyone know of other brands making similar styles?

I'm looking for some plain toe boots for the fall/winter, but I'll admit I don't want to spend more than $200 on a pair. Any suggestions for a brother? Something that looks like this:

Last edited:
I gave up trying to find whole-cut Oxfords.

Can I get away with these with a tuxedo?

What's the problem? They're not hard to find at all. I personally wouldn't west monk straps with tux but if everything fits you nicely, chances are you'll look good in it. Only a small percentage of folks actually care about this stuff.

If you want cheap black whole cuts, look into AE Hanover. I paid $200 or so about a month ago. I didn't wanna drop $500 or more since I'll rarely wear them.

What's the problem? They're not hard to find at all. I personally wouldn't west monk straps with tux but if everything fits you nicely, chances are you'll look good in it. Only a small percentage of folks actually care about this stuff.

If you want cheap black whole cuts, look into AE Hanover. I paid $200 or so about a month ago. I didn't wanna drop $500 or more since I'll rarely wear them.

I called one of the stores for the Hanover and they told me that the shoe "was in pretty bad shape", but I see there is another store that has them so I will be contacting them today.

I called one of the stores for the Hanover and they told me that the shoe "was in pretty bad shape", but I see there is another store that has them so I will be contacting them today.
Go straight to the source and call the headquarters in Wisconsin. They can search for you. That's what I did. Made the call while I was en route to work. Order was placed before I got out the car.

sup folks.  i'm not anywhere near your guys' level here in DB.  i'm too frugal and my style is lacking.. lol but anyway, i finally went to Uniqlo for the first time last weekend.  the one in LA (beverly center).  i only bought a couple casual LS shirts.  a navy gingham and denim shirt.  their shirts fit surprisingly good.  best fitting shirts i own actually.  so my question is.. for you uniqlo regulars.. how often do they restock new stuff?  also, i'm a big fan of casual short-sleeved shirts.  when can i expect them to start selling casual SS shirts.  SS15?  

in store restocks are less frequent than online, but now that you know your size it's easier to buy from their web store. with Uniqlo I almost never pay full retail, as everything ends up on promotion at some point. yes, short sleeve shirts will be out for ss15 (along with t-shirts).

sup folks.  i'm not anywhere near your guys' level here in DB.  i'm too frugal and my style is lacking.. lol but anyway, i finally went to Uniqlo for the first time last weekend.  the one in LA (beverly center).  i only bought a couple casual LS shirts.  a navy gingham and denim shirt.  their shirts fit surprisingly good.  best fitting shirts i own actually.  so my question is.. for you uniqlo regulars.. how often do they restock new stuff?  also, i'm a big fan of casual short-sleeved shirts.  when can i expect them to start selling casual SS shirts.  SS15?  

You don't have to have a big budget to DB. It's all about fit and putting the right pieces together. What's nice is that a lot of brands don't have big logos on them so you don't need to buy and expensive brand for it to look nice.

And don't think u have to buy everything all at once. Build up your wardrobe over time. Being patient is key. Feels great when you can find something you want when it's on sale or on clearance.

Anyone know how Barbour fits? I'm looking at getting one of those Quilted Flyweight Chelsea jackets for the cooler weather. Trying to decide between M and L.

You don't have to have a big budget to DB. It's all about fit and putting the right pieces together. What's nice is that a lot of brands don't have big logos on them so you don't need to buy and expensive brand for it to look nice.

And don't think u have to buy everything all at once. Build up your wardrobe over time. Being patient is key. Feels great when you can find something you want when it's on sale or on clearance.
agreed.  a couple months ago i used to be that guy with baggy cargo shorts, graphic tee, and retro jordans, but that all changed when i randomly read a few articles from fashionbeans.  i realized that my fit was way too baggy... like 1-2 sizes too big
mean.gif
... so most of my old clothes went to goodwill.  sucks i have to redo my whole wardrobe, but i'm looking forward to dressing better.

agreed.  a couple months ago i used to be that guy with baggy cargo shorts, graphic tee, and retro jordans, but that all changed when i randomly read a few articles from fashionbeans.  i realized that my fit was way too baggy... like 1-2 sizes too big
mean.gif
... so most of my old clothes went to goodwill.  sucks i have to redo my whole wardrobe, but i'm looking forward to dressing better.
Same here, everything I wore prior to this summer was at least a size too big, ever since then I've been adding more and more to my wardrobe. I know I can't go broke trying to look rich, but now that the fall is here I'm really trying to step up my dress game.

Back
Top Bottom