Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anybody own a pair of Cole Haan Giraldo WIngtips? Thoughts on quality, worth a buy at under $100?

I have a feeling the consensus will be to add a few bucks and go Allen Edmonds, but at the sale price point ($90) I'm thinking it might be worth it as I don't currently own any wingtips...

Anybody own a pair of Cole Haan Giraldo WIngtips? Thoughts on quality, worth a buy at under $100?

I have a feeling the consensus will be to add a few bucks and go Allen Edmonds, but at the sale price point ($90) I'm thinking it might be worth it as I don't currently own any wingtips...
I actually have these and they are pretty awesome for what I paid. Got them on sale at Nordstom rack for ~$60.

Time to break out the JNCOs.

Does anyone have any tips for upkeep on beeswax DBs? They're looking VERY dull and dry as of late. I was thinking of hitting them with mink oil but couldn't remember if that was a good thing to do or not.

I sold all of my Aldens that are not shell. Way better selections and price points over the pond. I copped my Indys for like $420 in 2010 and now they retail for almost $550. No thanks.
The Hanovers are def conservative. It's a sleek last too. I actually got them to wear with a tux. Didn't wanna spend too much. I'm just wearing them here and there to break in the leather sole.

My Chelsea boots came from my stockist in England. Like stated on the reply to Wes, way better selections over the pond. This model only comes in black. It's what I wanted. Can't wait to wear with a sharkskin suit and double rider jacket.

More than anything Indy boots are something that I've just wanted ever since RFX first posted them in here years ago. One of my "grails". I'll end up with a pair some time this season

Hello there does anyone know any good raw denim or just brands of jeans in general that they would recommend without breaking the bank too much? I have some Levi's and nudies but would definitely like to venture out and try other denim. Also khaki chinos also I have chinos from uniqlo but i would like a more tapered fit. Thank you in advance

Hello there does anyone know any good raw denim or just brands of jeans in general that they would recommend without breaking the bank too much? I have some Levi's and nudies but would definitely like to venture out and try other denim. Also khaki chinos also I have chinos from uniqlo but i would like a more tapered fit. Thank you in advance
You can check out Naked And Famous, Unbranded raw denim and PRPS. As for chinos, check out the GAP GQ Collab. They have some khaki and navy selvedge chinos.

This may very well be the douchiest thing i've ever seen in my life.
Word up. It beats the Ed Hardy with True Religion jeans from the mid 2000s by a mile.

How did dude learn to tie a tie
He didn't. It's a clip on, b.

I can't get down with that look at all. 
Slim will always be in. I also have no issues with slightly relaxed. GQ being GQ always do extremes. They recommended to size up in jackets in the 90s to go for the 'power look' and they suggested to size down one in the 2000s for a fitted look.

Looking to get a pair of 1000 miles or Indy boot. What's the sizing like for both?
Indy boots are made on the Trubalance last, which Alden suggests to size down half in that. That's what I did with both of mine. I'm a size 9 in Nike and Jordan sneakers, which means I'm 8.5 US in most dress/casual shoes. I take 8 US in Indys.

Wolverine 1k...are we talking about the original 1k line, which is made in the USA or just the 1k line in general. My size 8.5 US in the original 1k...the "Mc Clean" from Nordstrom, made in USA, is smaller than my size 8.5 US Wolverine 1k, which is made in China. I could only wore them with dress/casual socks. Camp socks didn't fit.

Back
Top Bottom