Dressing Better Vol 2.0

4r2fpc.jpg

Inb4 I'm rocking 16s lol
that's a nice looking suit, you should get it tailored up a bit and it will look awesome.

2aik32s.jpg

4r2fpc.jpg

Inb4 I'm rocking 16s lol

Oh, no!! He did buy those shoes :lol:

dabottom305 dabottom305 , the suit is actually kind of nice. You should taper the trousers, adjust the length to a more flattering break and wear better shoes.

If I were you, I would've went with a clean white shirt and a nice summer tie. It would've looked fantastic. BTW, I never understood why people wear bright colored dress shirts to formal events.

This is the kind of tie I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Wait, are those the DSW pick up from the other day?

Cuz if not, those are DEFINITELY 16s :lol:

dabottom305 dabottom305 , the suit is actually kind of nice. You should taper the trousers, adjust the length to a more flattering break and wear better shoes.

If I were you, I would've went with a clean white shirt and a nice summer tie. It would've looked fantastic. BTW, I never understood why people wear bright colored dress shirts to formal events.

Lol when I posted the shoes that was after I bought them. Didn't have the time to return them and I didn't hate the purchase.

I've always worn white shirts and wanted to try something different. I like the final look. Just not 100% on the shoes.

4r2fpc.jpg

Inb4 I'm rocking 16s lol
that's a nice looking suit, you should get it tailored up a bit and it will look awesome.

Thanks man. I definitely want to have the pants tailored. I'm not sure what I'd adjust on the jacket.

Scavenger Hunt will be released at 9pm EST. Anyone can enter. Only requirements is 5 post in this thread prior to today. Good luck.

Wait, are those the DSW pick up from the other day?

Cuz if not, those are DEFINITELY 16s :lol:

Lol when I posted the shoes that was after I bought them. Didn't have the time to return them and I didn't hate the purchase.

I've always worn white shirts and wanted to try something different. I like the final look. Just not 100% on the shoes.

4r2fpc.jpg

Inb4 I'm rocking 16s lol

Thanks man. I definitely want to have the pants tailored. I'm not sure what I'd adjust on the jacket.
just to give you an idea of what we mean. Planning is key to suiting. Get it tailored, you can only make a 1st impression once. Also, the shoes are not bad, just wrong for the outfit. I could see those with fitted jeans and a white shirt going out for drinks. I also, try to avoid anything with the elastic suppression on the ankles of shoes. Just Don't Do It.

Look at how better fitting clothing gives a cleaner more mature look. My wife loves me in a tailored suit, and I am a big guy. Also, look at the break in the pants. Its like owning a nice watch, if its too large in the wrist you take some links out, right?

Anyone got tips for dealing with sweaty armpits?
I have the same problem and shaving my underarms at the suggestion of another NTer has helped greatly. Not only do I not sweat as much, its not prone to touch the shirt being that the hair is not there to retain all that sweat and extend onto the shirt. It felt weird at first, but I quickly got over it.

That combined with Certain Dri and Certain Dri AM has curved the majority of my underarm sweat issues. 

I need my brothers of color to stop wearing the bright colored shirts. The teals, purples, reds, oranges, etc. You will almost always be better served wearing something subtler and accenting with color via tie, socks, pocket square, bouttonniere, etc.

I need my brothers of color to stop wearing the bright colored shirts. The teals, purples, reds, oranges, etc. You will almost always be better served wearing something subtler and accenting with color via tie, socks, pocket square, bouttonniere, etc.
I know when it comes to myself I follow this rule. I just think I look stupid in colored items in general. I own next to no bright colored things. Nothing that pops at all, the majority of my T shirts are black and it will always be that way.

Will try Certain Dri and Certain Dri AM if shaving my armpits doesnt work, tired of seeing sweat stains after just completing the walk from my car to work.

indifferent.gif
Don't know what the stoneface is fore. I'm only referring to dress shirts. It's not flattering on our skin at all and besides that a white or patterned shirt 9.9 times out of 10 looks better, regardless of skin tone.

I know when it comes to myself I follow this rule. I just think I look stupid in colored items in general. I own next to no bright colored things. Nothing that pops at all, the majority of my T shirts are black and it will always be that way.
You can't be afraid of colors but it has to be done right. I wear yellow polos for instance but I wouldn't wear a bright yellow shirt with my suit. That "my mother dressed me for church" look ain't rocking imo. You also gotta know what works well with your skin tone. I'm kinda brownskin so colors don't pop too crazy on me. If you're darkskin, I'd just be wary of going too bright. Instead of bright red do maroon. Instead of teal do navy or royal blue. Instead of gold do beige. Just my two cents on it.

Back
Top Bottom