Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Should've mixed it up with a bow tie!! :smile:

The suit looks really good honestly.
I love bowties because there's only one way you have to remember vs multiple knots. Been wearing them a lot again lately.

I still need to learn to tie one. I think I might do one for the wedding.

Should've mixed it up with a bow tie!! :smile:

The suit looks really good honestly.
[thread="500141"] [/thread]
[thread="500141"]Thanks for the positive feedback on the suit guys. <a data-huddler-embed="href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/37403" style="display:inline-block;">@NCTwin</a>
I'm not into bow ties just yet but a custom tux and a hand tied black bow tie = ultimate formal swag to me. The great thing I've learned about menswear is fit is everything. Everything else is personal preference. I love that. [/thread]

You and me both. Anyone can wear a tie. It's up to you to make it stand out and shine. I think it shows a lot in here. Folks are putting throwing their own personalities into their outfits and making them look great.

Last edited:
Do you 5'8 guys get your suits/sportcoats in S or R?
Short. I just spent all of last week going through this during my first foray into the DB lifestyle. Used to always buy R, it was a mess, tried S for the first time based off suggestions given within this thread was much more pleased with it.

Last edited:
what's up fellas, I'm new to the whole business casual look so I'm looking to get a few staples to start the wardrobe off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as places to check out and some versatile pieces to start off with? Seeing all these dope fits on here got me motivated :smokin. I really want a pair of nice brown shoes too. Thanks fellas!

what's up fellas, I'm new to the whole business casual look so I'm looking to get a few staples to start the wardrobe off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as places to check out and some versatile pieces to start off with? Seeing all these dope fits on here got me motivated :smokin. I really want a pair of nice brown shoes too. Thanks fellas!
Biz cas is a very vague term and is dependent on your firms culture. With that said, what's your budget?

To the SoCal cats: anyone wanna link up for Roscoes? I'm fiending for the waffles and chicken right now :lol:

Biz cas is a very vague term and is dependent on your firms culture. With that said, what's your budget?

as far as shoes go, not looking to do anything past $300.
fresh outta college so I'm in the process of job hunting and doing interviews(engineering). Just wanted some nice clothes to put together for interviews. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and realized I didn't have anything nice to put on :smh:

as far as shoes go, not looking to do anything past $300.
fresh outta college so I'm in the process of job hunting and doing interviews(engineering). Just wanted some nice clothes to put together for interviews. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and realized I didn't have anything nice to put on :smh:
$300 is ample, especially for someone who isn't working yet. I interviewed in desert boots, and chinos. Didn't have suits and the better stuff until I had a professional job.

At $300, I would look at Allen Edmonds seconds.

Business casual:

-When buying a Polo "classic fit" shirt be sure to tailor them. They are super wide and they look ridic tucked in. 
You should not be wearing business casual to interviews
DO NOT WEAR A SUIT TO AN IT JOB INTERVIEW. I made the mistake of doing this on my first interview out of school. LOL

Last edited:
Business casual:

-When buying a Polo "classic fit" shirt be sure to tailor them. They are super wide and they look ridic tucked in. 

DO NOT WEAR A SUIT TO AN IT JOB INTERVIEW. I made the mistake of doing this on my first interview out of school. LOL
WAT. Bro, I have been in my professional career only since last year when I graduated back in May 2013. Suits to interviews. Jobs were had...

What you eem talmbout.

Also, don't buy Classic fit anything.. :x

I walked into a IT staffing firm for an interview for a desktop support level II job in 2011 with a suit on and almost got laughed out of the place. I agree on suits for interviews just not all interviews. 

I walked into a IT staffing firm for an interview for a desktop support level II job in 2011 with a suit on and almost got laughed out of the place. I agree on suits for interviews just not all interviews. 

Depends on the job.

Dress for the job.
Agreed Eiddy.

Fuzzy, just because you had a bad experience with one interview does not mean you should lay it onto others, in full caps, to stay clear of suits. All depends on the environment.

I work at a pretty business casual (some folks take it too casual) place and wear a suit on the regular. No one bats an eye. No one laughs at me. And after only 4 months on the team, I was given a promotion/raise based on work performance and skill set. However, I know my managers/supervisors take notice that I bring that added sense of professionalism that I am willing to don a suit (near) daily as they have commented on it from time to time.

Confidence has a big part to play on this.

Last edited:
haha I'm just gonna cop some clarks desert boots and call it a day. thanks for the tips fellas. Also, is it bad to wear a tie without a jacket or blazer?

I used to wear a tie every day to work when no one else did and people started calling me the guy with the tie. Stopped right after that. Didnt like the attention for the environment. If I was to get another job though (Hoping to) I would pick right back up with that, or wear a suit everyday which I would much prefer to do.

I love suits but am glad I work at a job where it is not required. Some days I'm "bummy" or like to bust out a "casual" steelo.

If you follow my IG, you know what I mean :lol:

Back
Top Bottom