Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Pay attention to this thread or the AE one on Style Forum. When the sale approaches, updates will be seen.

How often does that happen? I wont mind waiting if I wouldnt have to wait for than 2.5 months or so.

You just missed an AE seconds 2 for $250 sale.

Do you have an Allen Edmonds store / outlet by you? If so, go in and get fitted. Take a look at what styles you like.

The 2 for $250 sale are really discontinued / clearance styles. They also add in their styles that they make for Brooks Bros. and Ralph Lauren so that's where you can get most of the value from the 2 for $250 sale.

Once you know your size, contact the Allen Edmonds Shoebank or any outlet store and request a stock list in your size during the sale. You can contact them for a list anytime but everyone does so during the sales.

Truth be told if you just go into or call an outlet store, sometimes they'll hook you up with a seconds shoe for around $200 or some other deal. It happened for me when I missed their big sale last summer and for a friend too. The stores take phone orders and ship to you too.

What is the return policy on the 2 for $250 seconds sale? All sales final? Got the RL Singletons and they fit a little too big and I get too much heel slippage.

What is the return policy on the 2 for $250 seconds sale? All sales final? Got the RL Singletons and they fit a little too big and I get too much heel slippage.

Email them and ask for a return label. Keep your tracking number and provide them with it once you ship the shoes back. When they show that the shoe has been delivered they can process the return. They have three different locations at the factory that returns can go to. The shoes have a way of showing up one day but I would communicate with them throughout this whole process to make sure they get the shoes and are aware you want a refund/exchange.

I sent one pair from a 2/$250 back for a refund. Shipped them on December 6th and got my refund by the end of the month but I remember it took a while and a couple emails back and forth.

Good news bros....

I was recently hired by FedEx as an Internal Auditor. I'll be working at the HQ here in Memphis and will be doing a lot of business traveling, so I need a nice leather traveling duffel bag. I received an AE catalog in the mail the other day that had this in it:

on sale for $565 i believe. I want to stay in the $400-600 range. If I could find anything less, that would be great as well :lol: . Any suggestions?

Also, I've been good in terms of my spending habits lately, so I decided to treat myself to a few suits on SS. Bought the Madison light brown check double breasted, Lazio Grey Stripe and Washington Blue Grey Stripe.

Last edited:
Good news bros....

I was recently hired by FedEx as an Internal Auditor. I'll be working at the HQ here in Memphis and will be doing a lot of business traveling, so I need a nice leather traveling duffel bag. I received an AE catalog in the mail the other day that had this in it:

on sale for $565 i believe. I want to stay in the $400-600 range. If I could find anything less, that would be great as well
laugh.gif
. Any suggestions?

Also, I've been good in terms of my spending habits lately, so I decided to treat myself to a few suits on SS. Bought the Madison light brown check double breasted, Lazio Grey Stripe and Washington Blue Grey Stripe.
Congratulations bruh!

Nice pickups on the suits too.

(I have no recommendations, sorry)

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
Congrats on the job D ! Great pickups as well.

As for the bag. Paging @ReturnBama. I know for a fact ole boy got the same bag (maybe his has perforations like on the Strand). I'm sure he can provide some insight.

@wj4 and @ScarsOrScabs

Appreciate the replies bros. Where's a good generic store to go to make that happen? Not trying to absolutely break the bank, as I'm not a regular suit wearer. MWH?

Good news bros....

on sale for $565 i believe. I want to stay in the $400-600 range. If I could find anything less, that would be great as well :lol: . Any suggestions?

Check eBay for Fossil duffel bags.

Congrats on the job. Hopefully you like traveling cause all my auditor friends tell me it will get old quick.

i work as an auditor. travelling is cool for like the first week and a half. i tend to get tired of living out of a suit case/restaurant food after that. :lol:

i guess its cool if you go to dope cities, but if you're in some boring city with boring coworkers? :x

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'm not sure if most of you know, but I've been trying to get out of small business banking for some time now. It helped me out a lot in terms of building experience, networking, learning how to sell, etc.

@nrg1604 , yea I love to travel. I will probably be doing some international traveling as well, which will be good. I'm sure it can get a little boring, though. The good thing is that I hate being stuck at a desk all day, every day. One of the reasons I liked working in commercial lending was the fact that I was able to get out the office.

In my first six months, I know it will be a lot of Florida, Pittsburgh, Arkansas, Ohio, Carolinas and Missouri. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'm not sure if most of you know, but I've been trying to get out of small business banking for some time now. It helped me out a lot in terms of building experience, networking, learning how to sell, etc.

@nrg1604 , yea I love to travel. I will probably be doing some international traveling as well, which will be good. I'm sure it can get a little boring, though. The good thing is that I hate being stuck at a desk all day, every day. One of the reasons I liked working in commercial lending was the fact that I was able to get out the office.

In my first six months, I know it will be a lot of Florida, Pittsburgh, Arkansas, Ohio, Carolinas and Missouri. :lol:
My cousin works for BBT and talked about how he loved Commercial Banking. Now he is an Underwriter and wants to move back after he finishes his MBA.

I have the Strand Duffel bag, it is definitely beautiful. I am not an expert on leather goods, so can't say if that is a good price, as I got mine for the low. I am sure you can find something adequate for much less, but it is definitely a nice bag, and made in the USA.

@wj4 and @ScarsOrScabs

Appreciate the replies bros. Where's a good generic store to go to make that happen? Not trying to absolutely break the bank, as I'm not a regular suit wearer. MWH?
I wouldn't do MWH unless they've REALLY changed, as in a 180, and I also wouldn't go with a poly blend from Express, H&M or Zara.  Maybe try J Crew Factory?

When is Epaulet dropping da camo shorts again Wisith?
I think they're done. You can have one MTO though.

Also....
Gonna be cool to wear suits now AND leave the label on the sleeve.  TREND ALERT.

@wj4
and @ScarsOrScabs

I wouldn't do MWH unless they've REALLY changed, as in a 180, and I also wouldn't go with a poly blend from Express, H&M or Zara.  Maybe try J Crew Factory?

When is Epaulet dropping da camo shorts again Wisith?
I think they're done. You can have one MTO though.

Also....

Gonna be cool to wear suits now AND leave the label on the sleeve.  TREND ALERT.
Tag looks like Faconnable though.

You know you did that with da Fubu suit, b. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom