Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Bunch of Blue today

How do J crew and express suits compare to HM? Arm holes in HM suits are no go for me lol. I assume Suit Supply trumps all of them?

can anyone recommend a reputable tailor in the downtown Chicago area?  Like one that might add their name or tag to the garment somewhere, like they did back in the 50's.

thanks!

Last edited:
it's fuuny- a few pages back there was a conversation regarding undershirts.  at the same time i was thinking about posting how I rely on sleeveless compression undershirts from nov-april.  I have multiple colors, most black, and they not only provide layer of warmth, but the collar always looks perfect under any sweater/shirt.  Regarding the warmth factor, I rarely need to wear a bulky parka, since the base layer keeps my core warm, and since they are skin tight,  they add very little bulk and are great for layering.

Last edited:
Well done, it's tough to pull off that many shades of blue. I guess my only other thought is how the jackets pants look together in person (navy wool blazer & navy cotton chinos, right?) but it can't be that off based on the pic.

Thanks man, you are correct about wool blazer and cotton pants. Color is pretty close, obviously the texture is the noticeable difference, but seems to work pretty well.

Nordstrom Rack pick ups

AE Schautal

RW Beckman Moc Toe

J.Crew Pick up

RW x J.Crew Wabasha

If anyone was disappointed with the quality of J.Crew's previous offering of the Wabasha (which I was), the newer version is 1000x better in quality. The leather feels substantially thicker than the previous model. However, the thicker leather also makes the newer version of the Wabasha feel almost twice as heavy, which I'm fine with. Most definitely worth the $20 increase in price.

Also, Levi's selvedge Type III trucker

^
How's the sizing on the Wabasha's? I usually size down half a size and get 10 in boots. The jcrew site says they fit tts.

Jealous of those tan Beckmans. My NR disn't have anything.

^
How's the sizing on the Wabasha's? I usually size down half a size and get 10 in boots. The jcrew site says they fit tts.

Jealous of those tan Beckmans. My NR disn't have anything.
Most definitely size down a half size. That goes for pretty much every Red Wing model I've ever owned.

^
Thanks. Repped. Websites confuse me when they say some RW's fit tts. At least the bulky ones anyway, I know some models fit narrow.

Back
Top Bottom