Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sz33 is sold out in every single pair of Publish joggers that I want.
frown.gif
even number sizes only brodie mcallister

if anyone ever plans on orders from Everlane then please PM me if you wanna help out and use my link :lol:

Go for the olive for sure, brochacho.

I was going to get the olive joint, but I realized that I have olive cords and cargo chinos already. I went with the tan joint, the cheaper version since they have a size 30 in those.

I would go with the olive out of the 3 hands down. The navy would be 2nd. Maroon would be 3rd. I rank them in term of versatility.

only thing stopping me is i have a pair of olive cargos from uniqlo :smh:

Ksteezy you gotta quick lacing your shoes like that man.. was looking at that lee jacket online glad to know its not too short

The Washington is in fact their slimmest but the SA I was dealing with didn't have a 38R on hand and tried selling me a 36. Cut was slim but after looking more closely I realized it would be a foolish purchase.

I think the Washington is great nonetheless. However, scrap the two you are looking at IMO. I love peak lapels...but not with patch pockets. Especially since the breast pocket isn't even a matching one. I was just on their site yesterday in hopes of finding a green peak. Saw that Washington and was thoroughly excited..until I clicked and noticed that :x

My two cents.

Update because I know you've all been so captivated with my Allen Edmonds adventures as of late:

I hit the AE outlet yesterday to exchange my Strands and check out some Daltons.  In an unexpected twist, my shoes felt too large not only because they were .5 size long, but also because instead of a regular/medium, my foot fits the "narrow" last (is that the right word?) better.

In fact the store clerk told me that while strands do run a little long and narrow generally, most people end up buying a size too big or wide because they dont realize where their foot is supposed to be in the shoe and that it'll break in.

I still ended up choosing a size !0D though because I didn't like the overly snug feel of the narrower fit.

I'll spare the pics since I know you've all had it up to here with AE talk
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yah Gilt had them really cheap, then I had that $30 off coupon so I couldn't pass them up. They ended up being $70 per pair shipping included. Not the greatest pair of jeans I have but not bad for the price I guess.

They aren't too skinny and they aren't that tapered either. I say it is like 511s fit but sized down by one if that makes sense.

They look great. is there a cheaper alternative? Or just wait for gilt to get them? I wanted a pair to actually ride my motorcycle with :lol: i love the look

Thanks Lucky :pimp:

Adrian tried on both the SoHo fit and Washington fit so I would wait til he chimes in to confirm. I remember the sales guy saying that the Washington is their slimmest cut and I think he had to size up on the Washington one he tried on but I could be wrong.

Thanks man. For some reason, I was thinking they were bigger than the Soho :lol: .

The Washington is in fact their slimmest but the SA I was dealing with didn't have a 38R on hand and tried selling me a 36. Cut was slim but after looking more closely I realized it would be a foolish purchase.

I think the Washington is great nonetheless. However, scrap the two you are looking at IMO. I love peak lapels...but not with patch pockets. Especially since the breast pocket isn't even a matching one. I was just on their site yesterday in hopes of finding a green peak. Saw that Washington and was thoroughly excited..until I clicked and noticed that :x

My two cents.

@BHZ despite the Washington being their slimmest cut, I think you should be good in the same size. Also, I think the term they use (or at least used to) for the Washington suits with patch pockets is Washington Half. I agree with Adrian that I wouldn't rock a Washington Half suit, I own a Washington Half blazer and its money. I see what he's saying about the breast pocket but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker. All this said, their traditional Washington with the ticket pocket is much better IMO

I really like the width of the Washington lapel but for the price of SS, I can keep getting TaT and get fully canvassed. Also since my measurements are dialed in accordingly, no extra needed on tailoring

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. Yea, I did notice that half pocket :lol: , but I don't necessarily consider it a deal breaker. Those two colors are just hard to pass up :pimp:

I'm not completely sold on both suits just YET and I may still look to get at least the blue doubled breasted Soho and the green Washington. It would definitely be much easier if I was able to physically go inside the store and check both suits out. That's one reason why I may hold out for another month or so. Take a cheap trip down to ATL and check it out.

All in all, you suggest that I could buy the Washington in the same size as the SoHo and I would not have up the size?

BHZ, across the board, if you are a 40r you should stick to it. Just because it is slim fitting all around as a 38 but too small in the shoulders it does not fit. Period.

That's what I didn't like about SS. Dude tried selling me a slim fitting modern cut joint, but simply put, it didn't fit the shoulders so it didn't fit me.

If you get the shoulders money, then just pay for the alterations throughout. It'll be the best fit despite more money thrown. Or, go MTM for the same damb price and get any/everything you want for your suit (styling wise).

I only want that shirt and the sweater from the PL Target Collection. Maaaaybe the cardigan. I still have my Rag & Bone cardigan that I've never worn from last year :lol:

I only want that shirt and the sweater from the PL Target Collection. Maaaaybe the cardigan. I still have my Rag & Bone cardigan that I've never worn from last year :lol:

I loved that sweater when I saw it. All target's are carrying this collab correct?

Back
Top Bottom