Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not a fan.

Those Timbs I bought like a month ago are probably the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. Plus they look super bulky, probably won't be wearing them again anytime soon. I need another pair of black boots now though

Are you guys gearing up for Fall yet?

Getting a tweed suit and probably an overcoat and that's it.

Anyone here ever got suspender buttons put onto their trousers? I'm thinking of getting braces but not sure how far buttons should be and what to put them.

I have them in my bespoke and MTM trousers just make sure they are put in the correct places so that if you do choose to wear braces they sit well.

Camo and Jordans... is this 2011?

:rofl:

But honest question - and I know everyone here is a sneakerhead, but don't you find wearing Jordans a bit immature these days? Especially given how status quo Jordans have become in recent years. I got rid of 90% of my Jordans and only kept my NA 1's and my Bordeaux 7's. I have WC IV's but they just wear way too big for me to even bother. Not to mention I hate white sneakers for casual wear.

Oh, and I just wired the funds for my 114060. Should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Just last year I bought a replica on Canal Street so this is a bit of a trip for me.

I don't think the wearing of Jordan's is immature or the buying of it. What I do find immature is when I see dudes with families who prioritize the latest pair of shoes over everything else, that's a problem to me personally.

RFX where can I cop longer shirts? Fear of god la sold out. I didn't like Kanye hip hop t. I can't afford Ann D.

Halp
I doubt those brands will fit your physique though. Those drapey shirts are for really slim dudes and will hug the body in certain situations since they're so drapey
lol ur making me regret eating wendys as a cheat today.

ugh thats what bugs me about some of the fashion i love. it doesnt match the physique i have and am sculpting.  I like having a wide frame and aim for more muscle rather than the lean slim look.

i guess thats why my wardrobe is more a mix of rugged and americana.

I wanna channel Rick Owens and just look dope in gym gear ya know.

/girlyrant

Last edited:
Are you guys gearing up for Fall yet?

Always ready for fall but I am most excited breaking this in already.
13180948.bmp

Info on the oversized tee, lord.

Okay NT, take it easy on me as this is my first attempt at 'business casual' any tips or tricks I should know for next time I shop? I start work at Sirius satellite radio soon and the dress code is business casual. Thanks in advance for any help

LOL, couple of those H&M jackets look nice.

Walk into the spot and it's probably going to be crap.

IMAGINE A JACKED KNIGHTLOVESQUEEN DESTROYING CHEST AND TRIS IN SOME RO

AND CONSIDER THESE RODIDAS COPPED ON SIGHT (BLACK UPPER/ WHITE BOTTOM WORD TO JERRY'S FAVE COOKIE)

Okay NT, take it easy on me as this is my first attempt at 'business casual' any tips or tricks I should know for next time I shop? I start work at Sirius satellite radio soon and the dress code is business casual. Thanks in advance for any help

Lets start with the shoes first, those shoe make your feet look a lot wider than what they are. Square toes are a big no, the shape of the shoes should be natural to your feet, our feet aren't square.

lol ur making me regret eating wendys as a cheat today.

ugh thats what bugs me about some of the fashion i love. it doesnt match the physique i have and am sculpting.  I like having a wide frame and aim for more muscle rather than the lean slim look.

i guess thats why my wardrobe is more a mix of rugged and americana.

I wanna channel Rick Owens and just look dope in gym gear ya know.

/girlyrant
I'm just sayin'. I copped the Damir Doma t shirt before and the fit was really weird so I have to return it.

It's this joint:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem like a young buck still...which means you can relatively get in shape. I would seriously look into losing weight before redoing your wardrobe. I've been there several years ago BTW.

OH NAH DONT GET ME WRONG I COMPLETELY AGREE W U.

I THINK IT WAS DISCUSSED LAST WEEK IN THE FITNESS THREAD.

LIKE IVE COME TO TERMS THAT MY IDEAL PHYSIQUE WILL NEVER BE SLIM. 

I THINK ONE ISSUE W THE DRAPEYNESS OF THESE BRANDS LIKE DAMIR DOMA OR EVEN ANN D IS THE BLEND IN MATERIAL. ALOT OF THEM US RAYON.

I LIKED FEAR OF GOD LA BC IT WAS EITHER 100 COTTON OR 98% COTTON.

AND

WOW I CANT PICTURE U COPPING THAT SHIRT ABOVE.  ID LOVE TO SEE U ROCK A FIT LIKE THAT.

I WANNA SEE ADRIAN ROCK A CLASSI SLIMANE ERA DIOR FIT.

AND I WANNA SEE RFX ROCK CAMO.

LOL THATD BE A COOL CHALLENGE. DRESS LIKE ANOTHER DBNT MEMBER FOR A DAY

Compared to his crotch (no romo), I think it's mainly the jacket being short than the tee being long, albeit that's how the jacket is supposed to fit.
The t shirt is definitely longer than normal. Probably RO or something of that nature.

OH NAH DONT GET ME WRONG I COMPLETELY AGREE W U.

I THINK IT WAS DISCUSSED LAST WEEK IN THE FITNESS THREAD.

LIKE IVE COME TO TERMS THAT MY IDEAL PHYSIQUE WILL NEVER BE SLIM. 

I THINK ONE ISSUE W THE DRAPEYNESS OF THESE BRANDS LIKE DAMIR DOMA OR EVEN ANN D IS THE BLEND IN MATERIAL. ALOT OF THEM US RAYON.

I LIKED FEAR OF GOD LA BC IT WAS EITHER 100 COTTON OR 98% COTTON.

AND

WOW I CANT PICTURE U COPPING THAT SHIRT ABOVE.  ID LOVE TO SEE U ROCK A FIT LIKE THAT.

I WANNA SEE ADRIAN ROCK A CLASSI SLIMANE ERA DIOR FIT.

AND I WANNA SEE RFX ROCK CAMO.

LOL THATD BE A COOL CHALLENGE. DRESS LIKE ANOTHER DBNT MEMBER FOR A DAY
RFX does have camo pieces. He's posted pics before.

I bought a white one to wear it under my biker jacket to get a similar silhouette like that of the one RFX posted. But it hugged my body weirdly, and I don't mind body hugging since i own a grip of compression gear for the gym.

You don't have to be in tip top shape to dress better though
Oh dont get me wrong. I'm not out of shape at all.

As Wis said I'm more into the football player/ bodybuilder goals in terms of fitness.

---

Wis,

dude u posted, hmmm is that da russian dude?

also, u should def post some workout gear fits.  all this talk youve had about shopping spreeing it up has me curious what ur rocking.

i generally rock cheap bbal shorts and cut up ts.

once in a while i'll rock army PT shorts for leg day lol.

What you're wearing and/or how you're wearing it isn't really doing you any favors. I'll take shots at people's horrible style (not saying that about you either) but not about their looks, that's not necessary...so don't take this the wrong way but it at least looks like you've got a little bit of a belly, so it's hard to tell if you're carrying weight all around your midsection (sides/love handles) or it's the fit of the shirt just making it worse. That plus where you're wearing your pants below your waist makes you look completely disproportionate. Your pants look kinda baggy on top of it. I'd get some slimmer pants that fit around your waistline and they might not need to be hemmed if they have that same inseam/length.

The only thing that I think is really bad? Those shoes. I guess if you're on here you are or were into sneakers. Transition that into dress shoes and have some pride in them. I don't know if budget is an issue but if you say it is yet you're cool with dropping $200+ on some Foamposite or crap quality Jordans and not "dress" shoes, I'll smack you. If you're interested in improving that type of look, I think 99% of the posters in here and people whose style you might want to emulate would tell you the shoe game needs work, so let us know what's a reasonable price range for you for some new footwear.

I'm working on putting on weight so I'm not as versed on the rules for certain body types but I'd definitely get that shirt taken in at the sides to be more flattering, I know they say vertical stripes are good though. I''ll make fun of the fact that you used a big *** iPad to take a selfie because that always looks ridiculous but it's also kinda obstructing how the shirt fully fits, your collar style, etc. Oh yeah...is that a black belt and brown shoes? :x

I basically could've and should've just said slim up your shirt & pants plus pull them up, then get some new shoes but whatever. :lol:

Last edited:
Being yolked isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I was bulking up for the past few months and it was horrible trying to find cloths. Im 5"9" and was 225lbs and I would have to get everything tailored. A $35 dollar tee shirt ended costing $50 or $60 after getting it tailored. I have sinced slimmed down for summer. Now I am 180lbs and cloths fit and look a lot better.

Last edited:
Oh dont get me wrong. I'm not out of shape at all.

As Wis said I'm more into the football player/ bodybuilder goals in terms of fitness.

---
Wis,

dude u posted, hmmm is that da russian dude?

also, u should def post some workout gear fits. all this talk youve had about shopping spreeing it up has me curious what ur rocking.

i generally rock cheap bbal shorts and cut up ts.

once in a while i'll rock army PT shorts for leg day lol.
I'm not sure if Kunk is Russian or not.

My workout outfits are pretty boring, dude. I go to the gym to do business and leave. I'll cop the same shirt in 5, same with compression shorts, etc. It just adds up because if a shirt costs $45, and I cop 5, and compression shorts cost $30, and I cop 5...you get the idea. I also stick with a lot of black and gray...white shows the nipples when you sweat, haha.

In the last 2 weeks, I've spent good money on new gym clothes and shoes. But with this stuff, I spare no expense because I definitely get my money's worth. The last time I went shopping for workout gear was 3 years ago, and some stuff is fading. Same with my running shoes, I trash them after 300 miles to prevent injuries. I'd go nuts if I injure myself and can't workout consistently.

In the summer, it's a light gray Nike drifit top, Nike training shorts, thick white tube socks from Costco, and Fly Knit Lunar or Free...depending if I'm doing HIIT or running leisurely.

In the winter time, it'll be a compression shirt, shorts, and compression pants under with a hoody or windbreaker.

Oh yeah....I do have some camo pieces :pimp: Nike knew I was coming :lol:

I'll try to take a pic tomorrow though for what it's worth.

My goal for the workout gear would be:

tank top: 5
dri fit shirt: 5
compression shirt: 5
compression shorts: 5
compression pants: 5
shorts: 3
hoodies/windbreakers/track jackets: 3 or 4

I'm almost there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom