Dreams, why we have them ?

^ Thats in interesting thought. Essentially, you would be dreaming in a dream. Weird. Uncomprehending i guess

Originally Posted by soltheman

Freud did enough cocaine to kill a small horse.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It'd be redundant to sleep while sleeping. It makes sense for the brain to not allow it. I haven't experienced it and I don't know anything aboutit, but that seems like a solid enough explanation.

I have a question. The other night in my dream I remember saying to myself that this was a dream I had had before. In other words, in my dream I had thedistinct feeling of a memory that what I was dreaming presently had occurred in a dream about a year ago. When I woke up I remember thinking and feeling that Ihad had that dream before. But as the day passed I gradually felt that feeling and that "memory" dissipate. It actually bothered me that Icouldn't figure out if this memory was real or not. So I guess my question is: Can the brain, while dreaming, give you false memories? And if it can, doesmy saying to myself in the dream: "This is a dream that has happened before" constitute a lucid state even if the memory which I am remembering isartificial? Sorry, I don't know if this makes any sense, lol. Edit- Upon further inspection i don't think the thoughts of my dream constitute a lucidstate, but I'm still curious what anyone thinks.

Originally Posted by Will0827

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

How come when ever i have a dream im in a fight, I cant punch back? that *$$% pisses me off
laugh.gif
That always happens to me
roll.gif
, and when im trying to run i run really slow.

Holy jeebuss.. Me too.. And when I try to run my legs are moving but I'm not going anywhere
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYVictory45

I have a question. The other night in my dream I remember saying to myself that this was a dream I had had before. In other words, in my dream I had the distinct feeling of a memory that what I was dreaming presently had occurred in a dream about a year ago. When I woke up I remember thinking and feeling that I had had that dream before. But as the day passed I gradually felt that feeling and that "memory" dissipate. It actually bothered me that I couldn't figure out if this memory was real or not. So I guess my question is: Can the brain, while dreaming, give you false memories? And if it can, does my saying to myself in the dream: "This is a dream that has happened before" constitute a lucid state even if the memory which I am remembering is artificial? Sorry, I don't know if this makes any sense, lol.
False memories are confusing as hell to explain. But yes, you can create false memories. I'd assume the same can be true for dreaming.

I thought of this too...Everything you dream of you had to see at one point in your life? What if you were raised in a all white room with reflected windows.What would you dream of?

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

Hey sol do you got an explanation to why i wake up when something spectacular is going to happen. I either wake up by myself or by something else (alarm, parents, etc...). Like it times it perfectly :/
Define "spectacular." If it's getting into bed with Alicia Keys, it might be because your brain can't fathom it and you'll realize you're dreaming, effectively waking you up. As for the outside distractions, that's just bad timing. Go to sleep earlier.
roll.gif

Like right before i get some action. Right before i put it in
indifferent.gif

Hey sol do you got an explanation to why i wake up when something spectacular is going to happen. I either wake up by myself or by something else (alarm, parents, etc...). Like it times it perfectly :/
Define "spectacular." If it's getting into bed with Alicia Keys, it might be because your brain can't fathom it and you'll realize you're dreaming, effectively waking you up. As for the outside distractions, that's just bad timing. Go to sleep earlier.
roll.gif

Like right before i get some action. Right before i put it in
indifferent.gif
Maybe your brain doesn't know how it feels to "put it in."

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
jk bro. i dunno. its probably you realizing its a dream

next time it happens, try not to think the words "this must be a dream.." or something

Dreams occur because the brain is working 24/7 as is the rest of your organs in the body. Major events, stress or minor problems can determine what type ofdream you will have. The most random dreams usually occur when everything in your life is at a peaceful state. When problems are occurring in your life...(i.ea break up with a partner, or money issues) your dreams will focus on this issue and different scenarios will play out. Sleep talking or walking usually has todeal wit REM electrical signals. Depending on how sever it is. Some times it can be minor such as twitching. Sometimes as sever as actual sleep walking.Sometimes when you talk in your sleep, you're actually speaking. Sometimes it feels like you're speaking, but your actually mumbling noises. It'scrazy. I wonder theough if the rumor is true about people sleep walking. I heard if you try waking up someone who is sleep walking, you can possibly kill them.

iHopper- I read that losing teeth in your dream means you may be having feelings of insecurity or self-consciousness. Iv'e actually had 3 dreams like thisin the last month, I hate them, almost as bad as having dreams when you're naked, lol.

Back
Top Bottom