Drake says he's the first person to successfully sing and rap...

Drake: “I’m The First Person to Successfully Rap and Sing”
Drake did an interview with Jewish Chronicle while he was touring part of the Club Paradise tour. While interviewing Drake had the following to say,“There were people who incorporated melody before me, but I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing”. Check out key highlights from the article below.

“There were people who incorporated melody before me,” says Drake, talking backstage at the 02 in south-east London, where 18,000 people have converged to see him play the biggest concert of his career, “but I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing.”

He considers the question of his persona and agrees that: “Yes, there are aspects of it that are new in the rap world. But it’s not a gimmick. I just sort of exist and people embrace it. I’m one of the few artists who gets to be himself every day. It doesn’t take me six hours to get ready and I don’t have to wake up in the morning and remember to act like this or talk like this. I just have to be me. That’s one of the favorite parts of my life – I’ve done this purely by being myself.”

“That’s one of the things that plagues my mind. My relationship with my family. Am I talking to my mother enough? That kind of thing. Asking myself: ‘Are you changing? Are you a different person?’ Those are my issues now. If I wasn’t famous I don’t think those would be my issues at all. They would be: how am I going to support myself? I wouldn’t be able to get any girl that I wanted. I wouldn’t be traveling the world and I wouldn’t be showered with all this affection.”

“I’m always looking for something else,” he says, by way of reassurance, as he prepares to entertain 18,000 Londoners. “I’m always looking for what’s beyond this point. Not to sound depressing or anything, but I don’t just tell myself: ‘Oh, everything’s all good, man’. Life is good. But I’m not naive. Nothing is all good.”

Source: Jewish Chronicle

Well at least he's humble about it :rolleyes

This will not end well..

671843_o.gif

Drizzy holdin it down forreal. Biterz like CeeLo n 3Staks better not try to get in this mans lane.

Well . . . he's sort of right

Who was that last rapper to not only successfully rap about saving strippers, sleeping in his mother's basement, and catching bodies like that on the same album and then still go platinum not once, but twice. Hell, I even think the So Far Gone mixtape EP went Gold when it dropped in stores.

People say Lauryn Hill, but they obviously not in the same lane.

Hill would body this square fake thug.

Tbh Dmx was the one that designed that blue print and ja to fifty to drake ran with it. :/

He's not good at either of them and he's Jewish so he's gotta huge advantage.

I see white girls walking around in Crew Love and Yolo t shirts on a daily basis now.

wasn't Bone Thugs the originators of this whole style? they made it cool to sing and rap at the same time :lol:

He must have been in a coma when Lauryn was not only doing this, but ******** on everyone while she was successfully doing it.

Whoooooooooo is iiiiiiiiiiit? Not too often seen in public..........that's the Dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom