DR. DRE GETTING $3 BILLION FOR BEATS!! Apple Deal Reportedly Close

Would be dope if it did. I'm copping the i6 anyway with or without the beats software.
smokin.gif
they would have to rebrand it/ market it differently.

The demographic for beats are kids at the mall. while this is a sub market for the iphone.......the iphone is marketed to everyone. Business execs, hipsters, and moms. These guys don't want to be seen with that tacky "b" logo on their cell phone. I know I wouldn't. 

They are the brains. Dre the face... Iovine the dude loungin n the cut sayin yea Dre makin headphones is a good idea hah. I credit jimmy for makin alot of dres career happen but not this.
True to an extent.....but the real winners, the real architects who masterminded this billion dollar transaction was Jimmy and his corporate lawyers. No question. 

The demographic for beats are kids at the mall. while this is a sub market for the iphone.......the iphone is marketed to everyone. Business execs, hipsters, and moms. These guys don't want to be seen with that tacky "b" logo on their cell phone. I know I wouldn't. 

Not even close. You might need to get out more.

Lol, wrong.

This is so atrociously wrong.

That's how Beats made so much? :lol:

This is so atrociously wrong.

That's how Beats made so much?
laugh.gif
Kids at the mall was me over generalizing. You know what I mean. Beats by dre is a overpriced, technically inferior product. You can purchase a superior product with better quality at a lower price (Audio Technic, Bose, etc.) Beats by Dre are moreso a fashion accessory than they are an electronic device. 

The stereotype is kids at the mall buy these things (i.e Jordans, we all know not only kids at the mall buy Jordans.) Maybe the proper term is ignorant consumer? 

Last edited:
I feel like Apple is making a mistake. The Beats brand is bound to start dropping off
Does anyone really believe that in 10 years their headphones are still gonna be that popular?

I feel like Apple is making a mistake. The Beats brand is bound to start dropping off
Does anyone really believe that in 10 years their headphones are still gonna be that popular?

Where are y'all getting these "about to drop off" statistics from?

Marketing reigns supreme. This is why Jordans are more popular now than they were when he was playing. The Beats are inferior but they look cool. Look at how quick they cranked out that Sherman commercial after the remark he made after the broken pass.

As long as they have world class athletes endorsing their products, they'll be fine. The majority of the folks I see at the gym rock Beats headphones. Some of them even have multiples to match their shoes.

Last edited:
Marketing reigns supreme. This is why Jordans are more popular now than they were when he was playing. The Beats are inferior but they look cool. Look at how quick they cranked out that Sherman commercial after the remark he made after the broken pass.

As long as they have world class athletes endorsing their products, they'll be fine. The majority of the folks I see at the gym rock Beats headphones. Some of them even have multiples to match their shoes.

I never understood wearing studio headphones while working out. How is that even practical?

That commercial was out before the remark. They just pushed it even harder after that. I get what you're saying though.

That commercial was out before the remark. They just pushed it even harder after that. I get what you're saying though.
Really? I stand corrected then. I only saw the KG version prior. After the incident, I kept seeing the Sherman one.

I don't see why you can't use studio headphones at the gym. I personally get lost in the music and it makes working out that much more fun. I use the Powerbeats but I wouldn't be happy if I paid anything near retail though.

What do you mean practical? Whats wrong with wearing beats in the gym?

I see a couple of dudes at my gym on the treadmill wearing them. Please tell me how that's remotely comfortable. There's a reason why 99.9% of people going for a run use ear buds

Really? I stand corrected then. I only saw the KG version prior. After the incident, I kept seeing the Sherman one.

I don't see why you can't use studio headphones at the gym. I personally get lost in the music and it makes working out that much more fun. I use the Powerbeats but I wouldn't be happy if I paid anything near retail though.

Wis, you're using the ear buds. I'm talking about dudes who are coming into the gym with these aka the "Studio" version

View media item 963121

Last edited:
I see a couple of dudes at my gym on the treadmill wearing them. Please tell me how that's remotely comfortable. There's a reason why 99.9% of people going for a run use ear buds

Meh, personal preference. I wouldn't but other don't mind. I personally wouldn't get my $400 headphones sweaty and disgusting. Just me doe

Back
Top Bottom