DR. DRE GETTING $3 BILLION FOR BEATS!! Apple Deal Reportedly Close

Am I the only person that still rocks with the iphone earbuds?

I don't need to sound like I'm in the studio with the artist when I'm listening to music.
Nope. I rock wit em too. When I bought my samsung instinct phone I thought they had the best earbuds. Because i produce music and deal with audio on a daily basis Im kind of a snob when it comes to sound but the new apple earbuds are by far the best earbuds when it comes to sonic clarity the bass could be better but I love em.

apple is an idiot for this

what are they gonna do with the brand? the hype of these crappy headphones is not what it used to be 3 years ago. they are way too expensive for the regular consumer and apple already pushes them hard in store. i dont understand why they bought them especially at 3 billion :x

but then again, apple is one of the smartest companies so maybe they got something in mind :nerd:

what are they gonna do with the brand? the hype of these crappy headphones is not what it used to be 3 years ago. they are way too expensive for the regular consumer and apple already pushes them hard in store. i dont understand why they bought them especially at 3 billion :x

but then again, apple is one of the smartest companies so maybe they got something in mind :nerd:

The apple logo > beats

They'll get theirs on the logo change alone.

:wow: Wonder what apple has planned for beats.
:rofl:

Acquire it. Then sue anyone that even makes headphones. /apple

The apple logo > beats

They'll get theirs on the logo change alone.
You think they'll go as far as changing the logo?

Last edited:
You think they'll go as far as changing the logo?

I think they'll keep it but add the apple logo on as well. Like have the B on the right and the apple on the left earphone. Something among those lines. The apple logo will be on it just like on all their other products

I guess now Dr. Dre can host his own illuminati Hollywood male orgies instead of going to Quincy Jones' :nerd:

Curious why so many people want a detox album? Dre never been a good artist.........

So srs too

I haven't cared for a Detox album in a long time because of the change in his production style (or him not doing joint production with guys who aren't with him any more, not sure). His beats haven't sounded like much for awhile now outside of a handful of tracks (which is still rare. I would've loved Detox in 2000, 2003, or 2005, but in 2014 where he's not really directly invested in producing much, I just don't care for it. There's nothing appealing about a T.I./Meek Mill/Big Sean track produced by Dr. Dre.

As far as the deal itself, what a deal. Dre's been set for life for a long time, and this extends a couple lifetimes. I'll still personally stick with Bose cause they flat out sound better.

:lol: @ suge knight...

Congrats to Dre... He knew what he was worth, left death row with nothing, signed over his rights to everything to be a free agent, stayed on his grind & voila... Amazing...

Last edited:
They have over 1 million users according to android playstore
[ATTACHMENT=6597]tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-08-22-31-54880145265.png (630k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

its a subscription service.

you can download the app, but you gotta subscribe, very small amount of subscribers.

wrong.

they have 69% of the market of 99+ headphones.

Beats is a brand that has conditioned people to pay premium prices for their products, thats very valuable.

Beats are a C+ compared to other IEMs and headphones in its range. But, props to Dre, may he use his fortunes wisely.

see while this argument maybe true, its misses the point

Beats headphones have an appealing and distinctive design language that appeals to young people.

they were way ahead of everybody on design, to the point now where anybody that tries to compete with them on it ends up looking like a knock off.

Let's be clear here, Apple has $160 bil in cash on hand. It's not going to make or break the company.

I also think this is less about the headphones & more about the streaming music side of the business.

Although iTunes is the largest online music store on the internets, digital music sales is slowing down. I think Apple wanted whatever algorithm Beats had.

Also like some people have mentioned, Beats has a brand cache too whether or not the headphones are overpriced or not...

Lil Wayne > Dre
Eh, as an actual rapper, obviously.  No question.  Sadly, with as much more skill as Wayne has/had, Dre has more classic albums and more classic songs.  Not even debatable. 

But it's true, it's always seemed like something to say rather than something people really felt when pining for a new Dre album.  Chronic 2001 was classic but that was in...2001.  All his latest stuff, written by this generation's best rapper, has been bad.  Hated his features on Good Kid and haven't enjoyed any of his verses after 2001.

Back
Top Bottom