Doing things alone

I typically do things alone and don't mind it. Going to the movies and eating alone is great. I often times shop alone also, quick in and out runs are cool.

I flew out to LA by myself in 2015 to see the Kanye 808s and Heartbreak shows. One of the dopest experiences of my life.

In 2012 I went to a music festival with a couple and just went off by myself and did my own thing, had the time of my life meeting strangers while waiting for Radiohead.

going to the movies alone >
I started doing this last year and I really enjoy it. Even though I prefer going to the movies with my wife, I've been able to watch the films she has no interest in at the theaters.

I'm planning on driving back to CA from VA alone in a couple of weeks. My close friend, brother, brother-in-law, and even my Dad have offered to fly to Chicago and join me on the trip.

But I'm 98% sure I'd prefer to make this trip alone.

Born alone, die alone, no crew to keep my crown or throne...

Me personally, I was an only child for 11 years, I have 0 problems being alone or doing anything alone. Enjoy life however you want to. You'll be fine OP.

I'm flying overseas by myself in November. Most of the times for me, I can't rely on other people to plan **** as a group accordingly.

I'm planning on driving back to CA from VA alone in a couple of weeks. My close friend, brother, brother-in-law, and even my Dad have offered to fly to Chicago and join me on the trip.

But I'm 98% sure I'd prefer to make this trip alone.

Now this I could never do lol. I hate driving any where longer than 4 hours but a week in the car alone? Hell nah.

Now this I could never do lol. I hate driving any where longer than 4 hours but a week in the car alone? Hell nah.
Yeah, I've grown used to driving to places alone.

I made the trip last year from CA to VA with my wife and daughter, but being on a set schedule, we didn't really have a chance to stop, take photos at the places we stopped at and just take our time.

I'm hoping to do this a little bit more this time.

I prefer doing certain things by myself (shopping, walking around the city, etc.) Sometimes having another person with me throws off my energy when I'm just trying to do my own thing.

I do everything alone most of the time.

I used to want to go with friends hiking and going to gym. They were like na. It's cool sometimes they busy. But then they see the gains and my hiking posts on IG and start talking about hit me up :lol:
Food will slow me down now. Much rather do it alone.

Theater I go alone too unless my it's a big movie premier, Star Wars, Marvel, then my friend is down. Other than that if it's a movie I want to see I'll go alone.

I go to the mall and outside there is a chilling area with dope chairs and fireplace. I'll bring a book and read there. Or go to Starbucks and chill listening to music and reading comics.

When I was younger (early 20's) I worried about what people thought if I did things alone.

Fast forward in life, my boys and I grown. its difficult to meet up with our schedules. Now I enjoy flying solo. Shopping, movies, breakfast, even happy hour at bars.. I'll have a drink/munch on something and spark convo with people to my left and right, and the bartender.

life is too short.

if they hate, let em hate

I tried planning a weekend trip to Lake Tahoe with the friends. Never again.

I'll keep it real, maintaining friendships when get into your mid to late 20's and beyond can be work. I have like 3 solid bros I see from time to time but I do 80% of things solo. We all have careers, relationships and live in different areas.

I went on a solo hike recently and it felt amazing. I didn't have to stop for another person and it let me think without trying to converse with someone.

I'm currently in Rome on my last day of my Euro trip. Got in a terrible fight with the gf last night. She isn't coming around. So I just got back from a wonderful 2 and a half hour stroll around the city. It was extremely enjoyable .

I do a lot of things on my own since I don't have a family. Flew to Phoenix for the weekend was probably the furthest I've traveled dolo.

Thinking about seeing Detroit soon and will probably do so alone.

When I go to the strip club I go alone.

Sometimes it's cool to just do your own thing and not be tied down to anyone.

All my friends have been busy lately, so I've been doing stuff by myself. Started watching movies by myself since I broke up with my ex. Feels good, knowing that I can watch movies that I am interested in, lol. If people judge, I don't care anymore. I go to the gym by myself, I want to start hiking solo also. Just something to help myself grow.

Yeah, I, too, noticed that you do more things alone than with friends. We all are busy with our families and careers.

At the FYF joint, did you interact with others and end up making new friends that you spent your time with, or did you mainly kick it there by yourself? I copped tickets to the Austin City Limits in OCT to go see Hov and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Never been to a festival by myself, but I'm looking forward to the experience...

What weekend are you going? I will likely be out there if you want to link up. I go to a lot of festivals, so I run solo and with a huge group depending on who I want to see. Going solo is cool for a few hours a day. I'm not a fan of small talk, so meeting strangers all day gets old to me. I'd rather have a crew of like 2 or 3 people.

Back
Top Bottom