Does Tracy McGrady belong in the MVP discussion?

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

TMAC isnt the MVP on his OWN team let alone the NBA.

now i disagree with that brother. 8-7 without tmac, 38-14 with tmac, 10-1 without yao.

last yr, 20-11 without yao. this team can play without yao.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

now i disagree with that brother. 8-7 without tmac, 38-14 with tmac, 10-1 without yao.

Theyre winning as a team collectively. Not one player on the team stands out, they make their own contributions. TMAC isnt putting big numbers, there was atime earlier in the winning where he went a week without scoring 20 points in a game.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Theyre winning as a team collectively. Not one player on the team stands out, they make their own contributions. TMAC isnt putting big numbers, there was a time earlier in the winning where he went a week without scoring 20 points in a game.

they also won when yao had a rough 3 games on the road. the point is if tmac is on the floor, he makes his team better. with tmac alone, this team can stillcompete at a high level. yes we have a better team that we can win when tmac struggles (unlike in recent years), but he's still our most indispensableplayer. when he struggles with his shot, he usually plays PG to get others involved.

without him, we're a .500 team. yes we played better as we went on, but 3 of those wins without tmac were against the knicks and wolves.

Ok how come Kobe isnt out of the discussion after losing to Tracy 2 days before? oh because he didn't have Pau....season isnt over...whats stopping therockets pulling another 10 games off or staying on top of the conference? Just let the season play out before you dismiss anyone...also what Tracy does for therockets goes beyond the stat line.

--TMac does belong in the discussion for 3 reasons:
--The streak. A majority of that was without Yao.
--He has won games with a team full od solid role players. They are no more, no less.
--TMac's name is not Kobe Bryant. No matter what Kobe does he shouldn't be discussed in MVP convos. Because he's never gonna win. Period.
--So, Tmac prolly has a legitimate chance with that 22 win streak being the biggest story of the season and all.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Ok how come Kobe isnt out of the discussion after losing to Tracy 2 days before? oh because he didn't have Pau....season isnt over...whats stopping the rockets pulling another 10 games off or staying on top of the conference? Just let the season play out before you dismiss anyone...also what Tracy does for the rockets goes beyond the stat line.

Them not having to play lame Eastern Conference teams. Look who they played the whole month of Feb. They played 2 playoff teams and I dont count ATL becausetheyre like 10 games below .500. They wont beat any Western Conference playoff team in a 7 game series, bet that.

Of course he should be a candidate, and is, but at the end of the season when it's all said and done I don't think he'll get it. It's betweenKobe, KG and Paul.

Ok how come Kobe isnt out of the discussion after losing to Tracy 2 days before? oh because he didn't have Pau....season isnt over...whats stopping the rockets pulling another 10 games off or staying on top of the conference? Just let the season play out before you dismiss anyone...also what Tracy does for the rockets goes beyond the stat line.
Kobe isn't out of the discussion because, as others have said, he and the Lakers have been doing very well over the course of the wholeseason. Tracy and the Rockets have been doing amazingly well for about 1/4 of the season. Also, Tracy had only just popped into the MVP talks in the pastweek and two piss-poor games in a row on national television against two of the top teams really hurt his chances. If the Rockets rattle off another 10 gamestreak and stay on top of the conference, then yeah, he has a legitimate shot. I'm not counting on the Rockets being able to keep up their recent successthough.

Kobe, KG and Paul
Those 3, I think, have the most realistic chance of winning the thing. This might be one of the tightest MVP races.

I dont understand some logic here. Ok, so they did play weaker teams on their 22 game win streak. You can use that arguement for say, like Memphis Tigers, onhow they went 33-1. Are we going to give them the number one spot, and all hell break lose? No, because you should win games like those in college basketball.But thats college. Were talking about the NBA. In the NBA, anybody, on any given night, can beat any team. These guys are professionals. They are the best ofthe best. Regardless of who they played, 22 games in a row is absolutely ridiculous. There is a reason why only three teams have had 20+ game winning streaks.Because it is a professional league. A league like the NBA means that any team, on any given night, can beat another team.

MVP discussion wise, T-Mac definitely deserves to have his name in there. But I dont think he will win it.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I dont understand some logic here. Ok, so they did play weaker teams on their 22 game win streak. You can use that arguement for say, like Memphis Tigers, on how they went 33-1. Are we going to give them the number one spot, and all hell break lose? No, because you should win games like those in college basketball. But thats college. Were talking about the NBA. In the NBA, anybody, on any given night, can beat any team. These guys are professionals. They are the best of the best. Regardless of who they played, 22 games in a row is absolutely ridiculous. There is a reason why only three teams have had 20+ game winning streaks. Because it is a professional league. A league like the NBA means that any team, on any given night, can beat another team.

MVP discussion wise, T-Mac definitely deserves to have his name in there. But I dont think he will win it.

I agree, but the dude said "What's stopping them from pulling off 10 games in a row", you're right any team can beat any other team on anygiven night, but half of the teams they played are playing for Derrick Rose and Beasely so there's no effort on those teams parts. Atleast in college theyplay hard all the time and the talent discrepancy between Memphis and a South Central Northwestern St. is waaaay different than Houston and Memphis.

HELL NO

T-mac is inconsistent and has to lean on his teammates...if it wasn't for Rafer the streak would have ended at 19..maybe even earlier....the Laker gameshowed that.
T-mac's numbers are nowhere near CP3 LBJ OR KB24

My vote goes to...

No u gotta play good all year but his number are nowhere near MVP status . ..... look a lebron CP3 KG and kobe ........those are MVP status

DARTH DNZY wrote:
--TMac's name is not Kobe Bryant. No matter what Kobe does he shouldn't be discussed in MVP convos. Because he's never gonna win. Period.

frown.gif
I dont know about that one
Let me know when Tmac gets his team out of the first round. Hope he doesnt make another stupid statement on Its all on him if they dont make it out of thefirst round

Back
Top Bottom