Does anyone workout by themselves?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

wow..

dont see what the big deal is, dude just doesnt know.
A spot is when someone watches over you while you lift heavy; to ensure that you dont drop the weight on yourself. unless you're doing overload sets, mostof the time, a spotter doesnt do anything apart from keeping their hands under the bar as you lift. a spotter would obviously be very beneficial to have whenyoure on your last reps of a heavy set

I prefer to work out alone except on chest day.

The best way for me to improve my chest strength is when I'm working out with a friend and I can lift as much as I want without worrying about gettingpinned by the bar.

98% of the time when I'm working out my chest I'll stop 1-2 reps before failure.

It's hard to get a good spot when you're doing dumbell bench press. I've had dudes push my elbows up too fast which just completely throws me off.

What I'll never understand is why dudes ask for spots when they're doing bicep or preacher curls. Either you can or cant lift the weight when doingthose exercises.

Working out with a partner is not always that great. The only benefits are spotting and time goes by faster in between sets. Other wise, you and your buddy areusually at different levels, you may prefer shorter rest times while they prefer longer rest times, one person may have more endurance than the other person.It gets annoying sometimes.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Truballa101

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.
lol...usually someone willing to watch over the weight lifter for safety reasons.

example: i'm on bench pressing 200 and i ask a spotter to help me lower the bar and if he sees me struggling then he'll jump in and help

thanks

i bench 4000lb errrr' day
pimp.gif

AKA

My car

no one needs to watch ma safety. they only watch my guns
pimp.gif
this had to be one of the corniest things ever typed on niketalk.

Seriously.

this

Originally Posted by Twistedb9

Originally Posted by Club29

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.
lol...usually someone willing to watch over the weight lifter for safety reasons.

example: i'm on bench pressing 200 and i ask a spotter to help me lower the bar and if he sees me struggling then he'll jump in and help

thanks

pimp.gif

AKA

My car

pimp.gif
this had to be one of the corniest things ever typed on niketalk.

Seriously.

this

roll.gif

(&#$ is wrong with people?

What I'll never understand is why dudes ask for spots when they're doing bicep or preacher curls. Either you can or cant lift the weight when doing those exercises.
Male ego. I see too many people with horrible techniques simply because they're working with weights that are too heavy for them. When itcomes to free weight, technique>all. Do what you can without injuring yourself.

I also see this on the treadmill. Cats next to me try to look at my speed nonchalantly and match it.
laugh.gif

I think most go alone

I used to think it was gonna be awkward, but then no one is looking at anyone while they are working out

so it's just you

Everyone is in the zone.... but if you feel lonely there is always that dude that goes to the gym to mingle with other men so hit him up for some company

I work out alone, been doing it for about 10 years now. I think it's the quickest and most straight forward way to keep your concentration and not getdistracted by anything else going on in the gym. I throw on my ipod and just let it flow while I throw around weight and people look at me wondering if i'mnuts, they might be right
roll.gif

i prefer working out alone. you're just in that zone and imo, you're much more fulfilled at the end of it.

i know a lot of folks do it with their friends to have some competitive edge amongst themselves.

pleasing others or 'competing' ain't really my goal inside the gym. it's just for me and me alone.

I do. I used to workout with my best friend but she goes to a different gym now. Working out by yourself means you can get completely in the zone especially ifyou are a gym rat and push yourself to the max.

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

i seen some dude spotting his boy i guess the other day. dude on the bench was done. spotter was a bit weak couldn't help the lift, so he practicallytea-bagged the dude on the bench. it was laughs
laugh.gif

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

thanks

pimp.gif

AKA

My car

pimp.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif

Only time I like working out with a friend is during Chest days. I NEED a spot if I want to have a beast chest day.

No need for a spotter. Just don't go in thinking you're the +@!* and lift up more than you can handle.
tired.gif

or if you don't wanna get a spot just get some Dbells and do bench that way so you can just drop them off to the side when you cant lift anymore, works forme...

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

thanks

pimp.gif

AKA

My car

pimp.gif
jesus christ i hate you

anyway, i dont belong to a gym or anything so i work out alone all the time, only thing that sucks is i cant go too heavy on

bench cause i dont have anyone to spot

Back
Top Bottom