Do you think OJ Mayo will be better than Kobe?

roll.gif

I dunno bout better than Kobe but son is definitely in te MVP race
pimp.gif

he can be. He has the drive, and the will to do so. His shooting clip is better than I thought it would be as well. You could make an argument for him beingthe best rook but that's about it.

OJ is a unique talent so his ceiling is unreadable to me.He could be jj/gil, or kb. To early to tell.

Ask this question in abt 3 years when this comparison can be made.

tired.gif

Come on man....

All these _'s coming out the woodworks now that Juice is going well....

But were MIA during the CBB season up until draft time.

ohwell.gif

Juice is that dude...But y'all OD'ing right about now.

And I still can't believe people are doubting OJ's athletic abilities.....
smh.gif
smh.gif
eyes.gif

Kobe will be the NBA all Time scoring leader when he retires...With about 5 championships and at least 1 MVP. And will be arguably the best if not 2nd bestever to Mike

He has the right talent. But what will determine if he can get to that level (I hate the "be better than" ##@+ is mad childish, my favorite player isbetter than your favorite player type ##@+) is if he will have to work ethic of an elite player. If he will put in the offseason work to gain some muscle andperfect his shot and have a vast array of ways he can beat you like Kobe and MJ and to an extent Bron (but he still has a ways to go with his jumper)

And to those saying people are just getting on the OJ wagon, maybe you forgot he was being talked about the same time Bron was being talked about in Slams andeverywhere else but OJ was a freshman and Bron was a senior (not the same school obviously). Oj just got "Sterned" and wasnt able to make the jumpfrom HS to the league because of the stupid rule implemented the year after Bron was drafted. He is a beast but it is still yet to be seen if he can dominate agame. But it is way too early for these comparasons 7 games into his rookie year.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by allen3xis

OJ's ceiling/potential is not even remotely close to what Kobe's was.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard", as long as OJ keeps his hunger, there's no telling how good he can get. He's already better than what most people thought he was going be. Still I don't think Kobe is OJ's ceiling, his ceiling is more of Gil / Joe Johnson , which is a scorer who can score at will.

People were only doubting the OJ on NT, and it was out of pure hate. OJ was the best player in his class from like 6th grade until his senior year when Roseand Gordon seemed to catch up with Beasley and Mayo. IMO it's nothing surprising about what OJ is doing right now after knowing him and his working habitswhile he was at NCH is Cincy. He honestly has been preparing for the NBA since high school, and he was doing NBA style workouts. OJ won't be better thanKobe, but he'll have a good career because of his Kobe-like work ethic. That dude is an animal when it comes to working out. People need to chill thoughbecause what Rose is doing right now is more impressive IMO.

OJ's ceiling/potential is not even remotely close to what Kobe's was. "

OJ is like a 21 year old rookie. Are you guys serious? you think in 9 years he will have accomplished what Kobe has. I still think Kobe isgetting better, and honestly it is really disrespectful to even think OJ would be better looking at only 8 games in the season.

OJ might not even be the best player on his team. Being 6'4 does hurt being a SG, but a scorer is a scorer so we'll see.

But come on, Kobe MIGHT go down in history as the 2nd best player EVER to play. And there will always be the argument between Kobe and MJ, but some of youguys thinkin Mayo is being better than Kobe is putting Mayo on the same level of Jordan. thats just insane

his ceiling is more of Gil / Joe Johnson
exactly...he can be a better JJ...

but that does not equate to the player Kobe is.

Don't compare him, really...to a guy like Kobe, cause it aint happening...let him be his own player

Don't compare him, really...to a guy like Kobe, cause it aint happening...let him be his own player
pimp.gif

I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately.

[table][tr][td]
oj_mayo.jpg
[/td] [td]
O.J. Mayo

Memphis Grizzlies

Position: G

Height: 6-4 Weight: 210

College: USC

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.454[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.880[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.439[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]39.5
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
kobe_bryant.jpg
[/td] [td]
The Predator

Los Angeles Lakers

Position: G

Height: 6-6 Weight: 205

High School: Lower Merion HS (PA)

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]24.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.473[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.786[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.333[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]33.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

His stats are barely better than Mayo right now.....

Back
Top Bottom