Do you still stay with your parents?

i'm 30 now. been out for 5+ years, but ive decided to move back to my parents in September.

rent has gotten too expensive for a 1-bedroom in good parts of Atlanta, i figured the money I will be saving in rent/utilites will go toward that down payment.

looking back, i wish i stayed at my parents longer and SAVED. some of the houses that were for sale (in those good areas) back then are at least double their price now.

Last edited:
27 and still live at home. I just paid off my student loans a few months back and now I'm stacking. I have a great relationship with my family so it doesn't bother me or them at all. Looking to make moves and head out within a year though.

I've got a good friend that is 36 and still lives at home. Homie has never left, either.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'm starting to have concerns that there's something mentally wrong there b/c dude has no aspirations to get out on his own. Buddy still has to take out the trash and cut the lawn before he can dip out for the weekend.
mean.gif

Granted, the house is maaaad nice and he has the entire upstairs to himself. But still....
there's the answer right there. If no one is buggin' him then he's chillin. lol

36 is a lil much though

im 26 and still at home. not a single complaint though

i was able to pay college all out of pocket, so no debt, and since i did it myself, my parents flat out said that i didnt need to move out any time soon. they told me to save money and figure out what i truly wanted to do. this has allowed me to take chances id otherwise probably wouldnt because of time and money

right out of college, within 3 months, i had about 7 jobs offers in various fields. I really couldnt decide so i took my time. I had a part time job as a bartender to bring in money all throughout college, but knew (or was taught to think) that I had to choose a career path asap. So after about a year out of college, i took a job that i really wanted, but it ended up not being what i thought. Pay was pretty good as a starting point and had paid benefits, but i just wasnt happy doing it. I literally had to drag myself to work. So i quit last month

If i had been living on my own or not with my parents, i would probably would have stayed at that job just for the paycheck.

I can say 1 thing about staying with my family, my house is full of love and support, I can say that's the best thing about it.

I can smoke my herb and do whatever in front of my parents. I even smoke with my pops who's retired, that's when he can hang. We ALL look out for each other no question, it don't matter if you need a dime or a couple hundred or thousand my family always looks out. With only love. That's all I can express it as is love.

NObody is ever independent, you may think you are but when it all bogs down, everybody needs somebody 1 way or the other... I can be a billionaire but I still need someone to cash that check for me. Real talk.

Salute to all with their own though. Cherish it and send love to every inch of it, it definitely builds a better place for you and yours.

Last yr Parents moved in and we help each other out. Best bby sitters to my kiddos and cooked meals 8)… Even though there’s a back door to the master bed , i still won’t bring a piece home. Rather get a room at the double tree or her pad

Man if my mom hadn’t moved into a new house with a small *** extra bedroom. I’d be moving back in with moms at the end of this month. Tbh, I should’ve never left. I was too worried about women, tho. :smh:

how is it when you tryna get some yams
Motel 6 🤣🤣 or i go to their place lmfao

Most of the yams I’ve been getting are nurses . I work as a dietician at the hospital and all these nurses be on some shhhiittt lol I get the invites for the whambham thank u mam lol

Even if you gotta move back, I do recommend some time away to learn the world and yourself.
Yup the key when you move back home is to stack money and don’t get too comfortable

Me personally I’ve gotten too used to living On my own and my adult relationship with my parents much better when we not round each other daily for too long so I can’t go back in the crib :lol:

Why not get comfortable?

Always praised ninjahood ninjahood for being comfortable in his situation.

America is crooked and life is hard.

Be happy regardless and **** the noise.
Like mplsdunk mplsdunk said I can probly do a week max at a time at my ppls crib, need the space so I won’t be comfortable there…Everybody different tho so that might work for somebody, but I value me and my fams happiness and not beefin over saving rent money

I’m there when they need me so that’s all that matters to me, otherwise I gotta do my own thing

Like mplsdunk mplsdunk said I can probly do a week max at a time at my ppls crib, need the space so I won’t be comfortable there…Everybody different tho so that might work for somebody, but I value me and my fams happiness and not beefin over saving rent money

I’m there when they need me so that’s all that matters to me, otherwise I gotta do my own thing

I'm with both of yall.

I see no shame in moving back home in the current economy.

No shade from me.

It's better then crime and draining our taxes.

We as Americans need to untie living at home with lack of motivation/success. One of the most successful people I know lived at home until he was mid 30's. Now 10 years later he's a millionaire.

There are mature/self-actualized people who live at home, and immature imbeciles that live on their own.

I personally could never live with either of my parents (Divorced) for different reasons. If I could go back and live with my parents now emotionally I soooo would.

Back
Top Bottom