Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Agreed. Anxiety “diagnoses” gotta be the most abused. People are legitimately just soft as hell nowadays.

People just want to play the victim. Blame everyone else for their problems. I see it all the time.

Life is tough. We all have issues. We all have good days. We all have bad days. I just don’t like people that just act like the world is out for them.

Fact is no one cares. You wanna be miserable and be that person you will die alone.

People just want to play the victim. Blame everyone else for their problems. I see it all the time.

Life is tough. We all have issues. We all have good days. We all have bad days. I just don’t like people that just act like the world is out for them.

Fact is no one cares. You wanna be miserable and be that person you will die alone.

Agreed. Anxiety “diagnoses” gotta be the most abused. People are legitimately just soft as hell nowadays.

Would you say this to a loved one if they told you they are suffering from anxiety or other mental health issues?

Would you say this to a loved one if they told you they are suffering from anxiety or other mental health issues?

I would do everything I could to make their lives easier but they have to meet me halfway. Not gonna try to fix something that’s broken and doesn’t want change. You need to want the help and want to change and adapt. It doesn’t get easier.

So you wouldn't say that.

Got it.

I would most definitely. Why you assuming things when you have no idea?

And it’s not bootstraps at all. You have to want to change and make your life better. If you are willing to do it I will do everything I can to help. However I can’t be around 24/7 guiding you. I got my own life too. Own problems. Own situations.

There's many different types of anxiety so I wouldn't generalize like that. That whole "suck it up and tough it out" attitude is what causes a lot of people to mentally snap and harm others. Everyone's not built the same mentally just like we're all not built the same physically.

I would most definitely. Why you assuming things when you have no idea?

And it’s not bootstraps at all. You have to want to change and make your life better. If you are willing to do it I will do everything I can to help. However I can’t be around 24/7 guiding you. I got my own life too. Own problems. Own situations.

Really fascinating to watch the shift over the past couple of years & rise in social media, obviously anxiety/depression is a real issue and it's sensitive. But i'm really trying to find the better alternative than working hard as you possibly can to fix the issue.

Is it gonna magically disappear because others recognize the difficulty of the situation? is the better solution to just quit & be stuck in the anxiety for life? i'm always so confused as to why people are so hell bent on not trying to solve the issue

Have you ever had a panic attack?

No i haven't but if i did i would be trying to the best of my capabilities to prevent it from happening again, a bunch of " we understand what your going through" & "it's gonna be okay" from strangers isn't going to stop it from happening again.

And IMO there's levels to the empathy i have for people's "anxiety", there's people out there in danger of losing their homes/jobs & not knowing when their next meal is coming from... I'm very empathetic to people's obvious anxiety in that situation.

But stupid **** like the example given above of having debilitating anxiety over a math test, or walking into a room & thinking people are talking about you etc etc.... i genuinely don't give a **** about. Some of this **** you just have to fight to get over or your gonna be forever ****** up in this world.

I don't think social media made it more prevalent, I think it made many people that were already going through it realize they aren't alone in feeling that way.

I know a few people that have suffered panic attacks and it's no joke. Once they identified what it was, they're constantly doing the work to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's an on going process.

There's many different types of anxiety so I wouldn't generalize like that. That whole "suck it up and tough it out" attitude is what causes a lot of people to mentally snap and harm others. Everyone's not built the same mentally just like we're all not built the same physically.
Yup that’s what I always did until I ended up in the hospital because I thought my heart was gonna explode out of my chest.
I still struggle with letting things out. Just broke down when I saw my parents yesterday because I’ve been bottling **** up for a few weeks now

I don't think social media made it more prevalent, I think it made many people that were already going through it realize they aren't alone in feeling that way.

I know a few people that have suffered panic attacks and it's no joke. Once they identified what it was, they're constantly doing the work to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's an on going process.

And that's all i'm trying to say,

my point about social media was moreso about the notion that i constantly see on there that seems to promote this "helpless" or "victim" attitude, as if someone should be perpetually stuck in that state & there's no getting out of it.

Of course it isn't easy and isn't going to get done in the snap of a finger but like you said it's an ongoing process, but in order for that process to start the person has to be willing to take on the fight. You suggest that and people will call it "insensitive" or asking people to "pull up their bootstraps" instead of just labeling it logic.

Really fascinating to watch the shift over the past couple of years & rise in social media, obviously anxiety/depression is a real issue and it's sensitive. But i'm really trying to find the better alternative than working hard as you possibly can to fix the issue.

Is it gonna magically disappear because others recognize the difficulty of the situation? is the better solution to just quit & be stuck in the anxiety for life? i'm always so confused as to why people are so hell bent on not trying to solve the issue

It’s extremely fascinating and it has taken off greatly in the last few years and especially in 2020.

How are the anxiety police able to tell that a person isn't trying to get better?

Have you ever had a panic attack?
No i haven't but if i did i would be trying to the best of my capabilities to prevent it from happening again, a bunch of " we understand what your going through" & "it's gonna be okay" from strangers isn't going to stop it from happening again.

And IMO there's levels to the empathy i have for people's "anxiety", there's people out there in danger of losing their homes/jobs & not knowing when their next meal is coming from... I'm very empathetic to people's obvious anxiety in that situation.

But stupid **** like the example given above of having debilitating anxiety over a math test, or walking into a room & thinking people are talking about you etc etc.... i genuinely don't give a **** about. Some of this **** you just have to fight to get over or your gonna be forever ****ed up in this world.
"This is what they should do because it's what I would do if I were in their position even though I never have been."

That has never, ever been a solid foundation for advice.

Back
Top Bottom